Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gowf

Careful,Asian skin may not suitble for BP,

Hey, I know there 3%of people who have allergy to BP.

I'm a asian with age of 22.

I applied a finger of BP twice a day for 2 days,and suddenlly my face turned red and painful at the 2nd day.

I stoped BP immediterly.and reported this to one of asian doctor.

that doctor was angry and asked me who told me to apply BP on face?!

he said that BP is something cause skin turn old (at least for asian,maybe asian skin is so sensitive.)

I'm not complaining Dan's regimen,I know so many people healed with it.

Just for asian people,be careful and test it before use!!!,

hehe Don't worry~~ Your doctor is wrong on the point that he says bp will make your skin OLD . . . no way. Sure, it WILL make your skin dry and dry skin DOES wrinkle but that is only for a short time. Just use a good moisturizer on top of the BP and you will be fine. ALSO, it is crazy to start with the full one finger twice a day!! You need to start with a smaller ammount and you will be fine. I would say use no more than a quarter of a finger twice a day to start and you will avoid much of the reddness. I have several asian friend's from both Korea and China and they use Dan's bp gel with no problem at all. You should be fine too haha.

hehe Don't worry~~ Your doctor is wrong on the point that he says bp will make your skin OLD . . . no way. Sure, it WILL make your skin dry and dry skin DOES wrinkle but that is only for a short time. Just use a good moisturizer on top of the BP and you will be fine. ALSO, it is crazy to start with the full one finger twice a day!! You need to start with a smaller ammount and you will be fine. I would say use no more than a quarter of a finger twice a day to start and you will avoid much of the reddness. I have several asian friend's from both Korea and China and they use Dan's bp gel with no problem at all. You should be fine too haha.

Thank you so much!!!!!! your reply really helped me alot and I'm feeling better because of your reply :angel:

I feel safe now,you know,I was turned up last nite just for worry about my face,

this moment my skin is less hurt, still a little dry and red,

So I'll start with no more than a quarter of a finger twice a day and increase gentlly, I mean start after I healed.

:surprised:

:dance:

Perfect^^ Just wait until your skin is nice and normal before you start again. Just a few other things to ask: What kind of face wash do you use? Make sure that you use one that does not contain ANY active ingredients like salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide. You want to wash your face VERY gently with a very mild cleanser because washing your face does not really prevent the acne, it will just prepare your skin for the benzoyl peroxide. Just imagine it like this: after a long day you will have some oils and dead skin covering the top of the skin on your face and you want to gently wash that away so that the benzoyl peroxide will work its best! Another thing: do you use Dan's 2.5% bp gel or do you use another brand? If you have a different bp product such as a 10% gel then that will cause a lot of reddness too! Finally my skin is getting clear again because I always wanted to try different things with the benzoyl peroxide like some acids or something but in the end it just makes it worse. Also, my skin was sooo red for maybe 2 days but I just kept on treating it VERY gently and I kept using the bp twice a day and my skin eventually stopped being red. It is very important to stick with the program if you want to see results. I do not know what kind of acne you have right now but if you are like me then you might get a few more whiteheads for a week or two . . . this is normal I would say and after the whiteheads you will notice fewer and fewer acne until eventually you get 100% clear^^ And remember: Always use a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer on top of your bp to keep from getting TOO dry~^^ Good luck~~

Perfect^^ Just wait until your skin is nice and normal before you start again. Just a few other things to ask: What kind of face wash do you use? Make sure that you use one that does not contain ANY active ingredients like salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide. You want to wash your face VERY gently with a very mild cleanser because washing your face does not really prevent the acne, it will just prepare your skin for the benzoyl peroxide. Just imagine it like this: after a long day you will have some oils and dead skin covering the top of the skin on your face and you want to gently wash that away so that the benzoyl peroxide will work its best! Another thing: do you use Dan's 2.5% bp gel or do you use another brand? If you have a different bp product such as a 10% gel then that will cause a lot of reddness too! Finally my skin is getting clear again because I always wanted to try different things with the benzoyl peroxide like some acids or something but in the end it just makes it worse. Also, my skin was sooo red for maybe 2 days but I just kept on treating it VERY gently and I kept using the bp twice a day and my skin eventually stopped being red. It is very important to stick with the program if you want to see results. I do not know what kind of acne you have right now but if you are like me then you might get a few more whiteheads for a week or two . . . this is normal I would say and after the whiteheads you will notice fewer and fewer acne until eventually you get 100% clear^^ And remember: Always use a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer on top of your bp to keep from getting TOO dry~^^ Good luck~~

ThanK youuuuuuu sooo much!!!!!!!!! YOu are so kind.

yesterday I felt much better and start to use alittle BP2.5%(PanOxyl) on my chin,also lots of moisturizer ,

my eye still feel try,so a applied many many layers around eye.

this morming I found I was flaked aroud my eye and mouse. but I enjoy that, haha,Year,I am enjoying the flaking,because I have scars, I hope this flaking can let me get rid of the scar .Maybe.

year,just like you mentioned I had 2 new white head emerged, I'm happy with it, because I know this will disappear without a scar soon.

currently I'm useing Visibly Refined pore refining wash to wash my face,Biotherm acnopur moisturizer,PanOxyl BP2.5%.

I'll get Neutrogena Deep Clean Gel Wash ,Neutrogena Visibly Refined Pore Refining Moisturiser ,Neutrogena Visibly Young Night Cream in boots to replace my current supply.also the PanOXyl 2.5% bp.Is this the best combination ?

flake is normal and fine isn't it? I like it,altough I feel hurt when I apply the moisturizer on .

:rolleyes:

:angel: thank you again,u let me feel so good

I applied a finger of BP twice a day for 2 days,and suddenlly my face turned red and painful at the 2nd day.

he said that BP is something cause skin turn old (at least for asian,maybe asian skin is so sensitive.)

hey, im asian and my doctor (asian too) told me to get Bp. So I dont think you should worry too much.

Hell again!!!^^ Ok well a couple things with your new plans. First of all the BP you have is perfect~ However, I do not know much about your other products. I think your washes may have slycilic acid in them: this is a big no^^ You want a very gentle soap or cleanser. Where do you live? If you live in US you will be able to find a product called "Purpose" made by Johnson and Johnson . . . it is a wonderful wash. If not and if you can not find anything then some people have success with a simple Dove soap or something similar. Also . . . be very careful around the eyes. You do not want to put it TOO close to the eyes at all because it will flake and get very dry and painful in that area!

http://acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=3&anchor=browse#browse

those are the best washes you should look for

http://acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=5&anchor=browse#browse

and those are some of the better moisturizers!

good luck^^

Oh I heard that you mentioned the store boots . . . I think that is in the UK right? So I think it would be a great idea to go to the UK section of this website and ask those guys what is the best wash and lotion to use for the regimen~^^

Would you mind specifying what variety of Asian you are? There is Tibetanese Asian, Chinese Asian, Korean Asia, and so on. I'm half Chinese, and I am curious if this is a Chinese thing as I had redness and discomfort too.

Hell again!!!^^ Ok well a couple things with your new plans. First of all the BP you have is perfect~ However, I do not know much about your other products. I think your washes may have slycilic acid in them: this is a big no^^ You want a very gentle soap or cleanser. Where do you live? If you live in US you will be able to find a product called "Purpose" made by Johnson and Johnson . . . it is a wonderful wash. If not and if you can not find anything then some people have success with a simple Dove soap or something similar. Also . . . be very careful around the eyes. You do not want to put it TOO close to the eyes at all because it will flake and get very dry and painful in that area!

http://acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=3&anchor=browse#browse

those are the best washes you should look for

http://acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=5&anchor=browse#browse

and those are some of the better moisturizers!

good luck^^

Oh I heard that you mentioned the store boots . . . I think that is in the UK right? So I think it would be a great idea to go to the UK section of this website and ask those guys what is the best wash and lotion to use for the regimen~^^

Oh dear,you have safed me many times, you r really really kind .

I'm living in UK now,I applied BP around my chin, and my eye area is still very dry and flake very much.

I applied the moisturizer aroud the eye many layer and when I wake up in the morning, I got flake

Maybe I applied wrong moisturizer, I got the Eucerin face cream as recommended in this board.So do I apply that all over my face and especially the eye area?

I'll find out want soap/ cleaner are recommend in" UK regimen supplies

" as you said.

Thank you so much xiaonei87!!!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!!!!!! :angel::angel::angel:

I am half asian and the BP doesnt bug me. I am even caking it onto two areas right now. Just start slow and work up to it and you should be fine.

I did read about BP making your skin age but that must be prolonged use but if we use a moisturizer and take vitamins/supplements i am sure that helps counteract that.

I have a problem when putting on BP at night i get it too close to my lips and i have a ton of tiny bumps and they are so dry because of it... so i have to take special care not to get it near my lip. Plus it will swell too. Its doing ok today.

i started off really really slowly. i applied half a finger of bp in the morning and none at night. i did that for 1 week straight and slowly upped the dosage within 4 weeks.

I'm Korean and have no problem. The only thing is it drys the crap out of your face and the first few weeks I think its normal to have reddness, dryness, etc...

I'm Korean and have no problem. The only thing is it drys the crap out of your face and the first few weeks I think its normal to have reddness, dryness, etc...

Yeah, but that of course happens to everyones skin on bp lol. Asian, white, black, hispanic . . . all the skin is . . .skin lol

i'm asian and i have been using BP (Benzaclin) for almost a week now. I'm just a little bit red and dry.

sucks to be asian... skin is skin? are you stupid? different skin types have heaps of variables

BP actually does age your skin faster, but does it quite slowly to see the effect - you can research the chemical rxn that takes place btwn bp and skin if interested -.-..

If used, should probably be used to the minimum. The reason you increase your doses of bp is because the resistant bacteria breeds on and to cease them you keep upping your dosage which has its unpleasant side effects for some of you.

Digression: I tried bp twice a while ago and used only a raindrop amount. My face turned very red and itched like crazy.. even had difficulty breathing.

I'm asian by the way, although in general asians have quite sensitive skin, many also don't have this problem.

BP actually does age your skin faster, but does it quite slowly to see the effect

Do you have a reference for experimental support for the idea that BP ages skin?

If not, please stop making unsupported accusations.

(The main causes for premature aging for skin are thought to be sunlight and poor diet BTW, not treatments like BP).

BP is amazing! i've only used it for 4 days and my skin is 95% clear! (i'm using benzaclin).

There are a few sites that talk about BP creating free radicals in the skin that lead to aging. However, I noticed that they mostly all had the exact same paragraph and that they all were selling all these kits that fight basteria with cinamon or something like that. I will paraphrase from the section of their site where they have actual peoples' claimes. "We are not fond of testimonies because products with all that testimony usually turn out to be fake" haha what the shit is that.

haha I'm Chinese, and my derm actually prescribed be 4% BP. I tried using it for 2 weeks just after christmas and it burned my face out. I also blame it for the biggest breakout I've ever had, with at least 3-4 new heads every day. so I stopped it for a week, but I've just started to use it again. Actually at this very moment the timer is ticking for the 15 minutes before I can put some moisterizer on. If its worked for so many people it must work for me, right?

hmm my skin is sensitive, but i didn't think it was because i was asian. i have pale skin. how does my pale asian skin different from another person with pale skin from another race? anyone know? i heard about how asian skin doesnt take well with dembrasions as well :eh:

hi i'm asian. currently my skin is drying and very tight. should i stop bp first and let it heal?

i want this dryness to go away right away