Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leet

Post your MMU pics here!

I would like to see pics of people (guys and gals!) on this site that use mineral make up. Maybe we can do a little before and after??? Can you post what brands/colors you use? List any tips and tricks that you have found to cover redmarks or brown marks or freckles... etc.

I have one pic of me in my clear skin album with me wearing Crush minerals in Flaxen with some bronzer on (Revlon skinlights illuminator bronzer I think its called). The rest of me are with no make up on (as if you couldnt tell).

For the hell of it, I bought some Bare Escentuals to try. My cousin used it before as well. I may post a pic later today with that on. I tried some of it on and it doesnt match as well as Crush does. :P

Thanks.

Mine from today. Nothing too great.

This is with colors from the medium starter kit but i didnt put on the mineral veil (bare escentuals). I used a touch of revlon illuminator powder around my eyes (natural light). I may have put too much on in this pic cause last night i looked better when I had it on and not as fake. I actually dont feel I look right without redmarks and stuff... been seeing it forever.

post-4562-1136145228_thumb.jpg

post-4562-1136145390_thumb.jpg

post-4562-1136145228_thumb.jpg

post-4562-1136145390_thumb.jpg

Guest Poker-Butt

...i use bare minerals ... can't live w/o it...at least till im clear from acne and hyperpigmentation :doubt:

...i use bare minerals ... can't live w/o it...at least till im clear from acne and hyperpigmentation :doubt:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! i use bare minerals and my skin NEVER looks that great! how do you do it?????? your skin looks absolutely flawless and healthy.. oh share the tips, please!

wow!! ur coverage is fascinating - gives me hope - do share ur tips and screts with us pleease!!

Poker-butt --- nice job on the makeup. Looks good. Yes, I too cannot wait to get this acne and redmarks/hyperpigmentation over with. Just gotta keep up with the regimen. Which shade do you use?

Guest Poker-Butt

hey guys ... sure no prob...i'll share some tips....but later on...i have to get ready for work, i was just browsing real quick, but i'll let u guys know what works for me.

Which shade do you use?

Guest Poker-Butt

ok...where do i begin? estimated time for applying ...about 1 hour and 10 mins. :D

first off...the tools u use are important ... i use this brush called maximum concealer face brush BE ...for extra coverage ... i lightly wet it and then i swirl in some foundation on the lid and i apply it on my just moisturized skin (i let 15 mins go by after i moisturize and then do my makeup) * im on the regimen*

IPB Image

anyway i do that till i get sufficient coverage ...then i grab my maximum concealer brush from BE and slightly wet it as well...not too much and i swirl it in some foundation and then in circular motions go over the areas that need MORE concealing IPB Image

Now if u have marks , especially red marks , you'll notice that they'll now be gray ...so because of this i bought a seperate concealer ...see i have yellow undertones, im very pale, no color...so i bought a yellow concealer (i use mary kay's yellow concealer) i go over anything that needs EVEN MORE concealing with this brush...its called "sephora point concealer brush" IPB Image when concealing with ur seperate concealer ( try and find one that matches u ... i like the yellow concealer cuz i feel that it neutrolizes my spots ...maybe it works for u ...but if u have pink undertones , maybe a beige one would suit u best) So anyway, u go ahead and just dot away at ur spots ...sometimes if i have to do some HEAVY-DUTY concealing then i'll apply alot of my yellow concealer ...but its ok cuz in a lil bit i'm gonna neutralize it all again by using my foundation :)

so...now after concealing with the yellow concealer ...i go ahead and grab my foundation ...and my maximum concealer brush and wet it a teeny tiny bit ...like a dot or 2 of water (same as the second step) and swirl it in some foundation ... it's ok if the brush has a lil extra foundation in it ...and now ur gonna LIGHTLY press down on each "yellow spot" ...very lightly... if u want u can also do the same to the areas surrounding the camouflaged spots just in case...to make things look all evened out ... u'll notice that what u just concealed looks like (the color/ tone) the rest of ur face :) if not then repeat the last two steps to those areas ....cuz sometimes when u lightly press foundation over those spots...the concealer might come off anyway ...

i then apply my warmth...a teeny bit of course ...with my face brush that comes in the kit IPB Image <-----

so since i have so many marks to conceal ...after applying my warmth i'll notice that everything i concealed is yet lighter than anywhere else so ....i grab a q-tip IPB Image and i swirl one side with some warmth ...and rub it a lil on my hand to ensure that i'm not gonna apply TOO much on the lighter spots ...anyway, i lightly...feather-like lightly press on the light spots, just do this to any small area that needs some color to match everything else ....you'll soon see how everything looks like skin...nice glowy skin ....u must have patience though .. if u want it to be perfect that is :)

now i also use a seperate blush ...a BE blush called Glee ( u can and then again u dont have to do this...but i find it makes it all come together very nice)

Now I do that same here as with warmth ...i use the same brush i used w/ warmth ...swirl in some Glee on it and apply to just my cheek bones a lil on my nose and chin ....then i'll brab the q-tip ...use the other side ..swirl in some Glee and rub some on my hand ...once again to ensure that i'm not gonna apply alot to the spots that need some color ....lightly pressing on them....very lightly...

so now i grab another seperate BE face brush IPB Image and swirl it in my Mineral Veil and apply over ur face ...i use alot of it...love this stuff...makes ur skin look so nice ....and now ur done! ...u may notice that u may look made-up.... . try getting a blow drier and blow it on ur face ...not too close just enough for the heat to make ur oils come out a bit and ur make-up will look very natural ....thats usually the trick w/ mineral make-ups ...they look natural when u have ur natural oils on ur face.

Anyway, good luck to u all...and hope u guys give this a try ... u'll love it ...of course like i said b4 ...this takes a nice lil while (1 hr and about 10 mins) but well worth it.

hmm I wonder if as a guy I'd be able to go through all that ontop of shaving etc :think:

but it looks flawless poker =) lucky women can wear makeup

Guest Poker-Butt

lol...i dunno about guys...but i was looking into dermablend...and i think that would be perfect for guys ... www.dermabend.com

Guest Fearless*Bunny

There wasone guy who posted some pics with him wearing dermabled here. They looked really good.

lol...i dunno about guys...but i was looking into dermablend...and i think that would be perfect for guys ... www.dermabend.com

dermabend.com not work :doubt:

Guest Poker-Butt

type in dermablend.com on ur browser ...it should ... i didnt post a link

Yes I saw the post of the guy wearing Dermablend. It covered it up nicely.

Its taking me about... 10 minutes to do my make up but its cause I am rushing and I dont want to take a long time like before using minerals.

Damn Poker-Butt way to go hijacking my thread! :P

I see a lot of people are viewing this topic, but no one is posting pics. Come on people, we'd like to see them!

Guest Poker-Butt
:D sorry i'm a make-up freak :P all urs girlie ! ... but i agree w/ u people should definitely post their pics...i love seeing b4 and afters ...cmon people dont be shy! :)

Guest Fearless*Bunny

both my stupid digital camera and my webcam broke or I'd post some pics. I might be getting one or the other for my birthday or I might just buy them. I'm not that great at applying makeup though.

i bought jlynne mineral foundation samples and they made my skin look worse and all the colors that i ordered did not match my skin tone. i think im gonna try some other mmu that is not too matte bcuz that's what i found jlynne to be and it did not look natural on my skin. i love her translucent finish powder though. i think im gonna try that mmu at sephora again

are bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals the same thing?

ok...where do i begin? estimated time for applying ...about 1 hour and 10 mins. :D

first off...the tools u use are important ... i use this brush called maximum concealer face brush BE ...for extra coverage ... i lightly wet it and then i swirl in some foundation on the lid and i apply it on my just moisturized skin (i let 15 mins go by after i moisturize and then do my makeup) * im on the regimen*

IPB Image

anyway i do that till i get sufficient coverage ...then i grab my maximum concealer brush from BE and slightly wet it as well...not too much and i swirl it in some foundation and then in circular motions go over the areas that need MORE concealing IPB Image

Now if u have marks , especially red marks , you'll notice that they'll now be gray ...so because of this i bought a seperate concealer ...see i have yellow undertones, im very pale, no color...so i bought a yellow concealer (i use mary kay's yellow concealer) i go over anything that needs EVEN MORE concealing with this brush...its called "sephora point concealer brush" IPB Image when concealing with ur seperate concealer ( try and find one that matches u ... i like the yellow concealer cuz i feel that it neutrolizes my spots ...maybe it works for u ...but if u have pink undertones , maybe a beige one would suit u best) So anyway, u go ahead and just dot away at ur spots ...sometimes if i have to do some HEAVY-DUTY concealing then i'll apply alot of my yellow concealer ...but its ok cuz in a lil bit i'm gonna neutralize it all again by using my foundation :)

so...now after concealing with the yellow concealer ...i go ahead and grab my foundation ...and my maximum concealer brush and wet it a teeny tiny bit ...like a dot or 2 of water (same as the second step) and swirl it in some foundation ... it's ok if the brush has a lil extra foundation in it ...and now ur gonna LIGHTLY press down on each "yellow spot" ...very lightly... if u want u can also do the same to the areas surrounding the camouflaged spots just in case...to make things look all evened out ... u'll notice that what u just concealer looks like (the color/ tone) the rest of ur face :) if not then repeat the last two steps to those areas ....cuz sometimes when u lightly press foundation over those spots...the concealer might come off anyway ...

i then apply my warmth...a teeny bit of course ...with my face brush that comes in the kit IPB Image <-----

so since i have so many marks to conceal ...after applying my warmth i'll notice that everything i concealed is yet lighter than anywhere else so ....i grab a q-tip IPB Image and i swirl one side with some warmth ...and rub it a lil on my hand to ensure that i'm not gonna apply TOO much on the lighter spots ...anyway, i lightly...feather-like lightly press on the light spots, just do this to any small area that needs some color to match everything else ....you'll soon see how everything looks like skin...nice glowy skin ....u must have patience though .. if u want it to be perfect that is :)

now i also use a seperate blush ...a BE blush called Glee ( u can and then again u dont have to do this...but i find it makes it all come together very nice)

Now I do that same here as with warmth ...i use the same brush i used w/ warmth ...swirl in some Glee on it and apply to just my cheek bones a lil on my nose and chin ....then i'll brab the q-tip ...use the other side ..swirl in some Glee and rub some on my hand ...once again to ensure that i'm not gonna apply alot to the spots that need some color ....lightly pressing on them....very lightly...

so now i grab another seperate BE face brush IPB Image and swirl it in my Mineral Veil and apply over ur face ...i use alot of it...love this stuff...makes ur skin look so nice ....and now ur done! ...u may notice that u may look made-up.... . try getting a blow drier and blow it on ur face ...not too close just enough for the heat to make ur oils come out a bit and ur make-up will look very natural ....thats usually the trick w/ mineral make-ups ...they look natural when u have ur natural oils on ur face.

Anyway, good luck to u all...and hope u guys give this a try ... u'll love it ...of course like i said b4 ...this takes a nice lil while (1 hr and about 10 mins) but well worth it.

Do you wet the concealer brush or do you wet the lid with the foundation? also do you apply this RIGHT after your moisturizer .. i mean you odnt wait for it to dry??? But the TIPS ARE WONDERFUL I SHALL TRY IT MYSELF.. thanks!

Guest Poker-Butt

i wet the concealer brush ...just a lil not too much...put some foundation on the lid and swirl it ...blend it nicely and then apply

and about the moisturizer...i apply my moisturizer, i then WAIT about 15 mins ..make sure it gets absorbed and then i apply my foundation ...i use the eucerin skin renewal one... it has a greasy feel to it but its oil-free so now worries ... anyway, it being so greasy like allows the make-up to be applied nicely IMO blends nice

Guest funkychicken

i've only got clear radiance. Not quite sure how to use it! do you use this Miss butt?

Can't find a good colour from Bare Minerals. The 1.2 is too yellow. Is there a 1?

Guest Poker-Butt

i have clear radiance too ... i used it a couple of times...its nice but i use it when i wanna look very natural(like bare faced natural)...but i dunno i like a lil color on my cheeks ...and besides i have horrible breakouts right now...i use clear radiance when im acne free ...but u know what...i havent tried it w/ this technique ...i'll give it a try ..see how it looks :)

I need to get one of those brushes with the fillable handle so I can apply makeup quickly (ever use one, Poker?). Actually the MMU I am using is staying on well at workbut then again its not hot and humid yet. eeek i dont want to see that.

I asked a coworker today if he could see my red/dark marks and he squinted a little and said no. i dont know if he was being nice or really couldnt see them. LOL