Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MSVermont

Women, Aging skin & CSR

I am new to this type of communicating. But I am grateful to find some help. I am 51 years old and have been trying everything under the sun to deal with aging skin (firmness, wrinkles, vanity stuff) and these huge ugly breakouts that seem to never go away. I have very dry skin especially in the winter. I never had problems with my skin until I was 45. Anyone guidance on products to add to the CSR for the vanity issues or which of the CSR products might due double duty for the age, dryness issues and the acne? Thanks for your help. :wall:

I've been thinking about this issue as well. Two things that I think are useful are a good sunscreen in your daily moisturiser (well you should really be using this at any age) and AHA products, once your skin has become habituated to the CSR. I'm not sure which to recommend, it's important that an AHA product have a low enough pH to make it effective (I think the ideal is 2.5 - 4.0). Maybe someone else could recommend something good? I gather Neostrata products are quite effective, although I haven't tried them.

Hi there and welcome,

I utilize some anti-aging products with my Regimen, I'll share a few I've tried and liked.

I just wash with Purpose bar (nothing special), and use the Neutrogena on-the-spot bp, then I moisturize with either Avon Advanced-all-in-one Max lotion (has glycolic, and spf), or I moisturize with Neutrogena Healthy skin face lotion (has spf and glycolic), and at night I have been trying Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti-wrinkle cream (retinol). I've been on the Regimen for nearly 10 months now, and have been clear for some time, so that is why I have trialed so many different things, I would not recommend doing that in the beginning. But for now I am using the Purpose, on-the-spot, then either the neutrogena moisturizer or the avon one during the day, and at night I wash and just use the Retinol cream (have only been doing this for about 3 weeks now to see if I can stay clear and still have the retinol benefits).

So, yea, there are concerns for us older folks (I'm 36 btw), but luckily options for us.

I think the glycolic acid (aha) is important, like Vanessa already mentioned, plus sunscreen/moisturizer.

Hope this helps.