Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ludacrisss

Coffee and acne?

First off I'm not one of those nuts who thinks a single chocolate candy will make me break out. However, I dunno I am clear acne is not a serious problem. Anyway, my forehead used to be completely clear no bumps or spots or nothing. But recently I've noticed I started getting little bumps on my forehead, most are not colored (clogged pores?) and now I'm getting some breakouts there. I don't know why this has been happening but I've however noticed that recently I've started drinking huge 20oz latte's and chocolate mochas at coffee shops almost everyday. I've read a few articles claiming that coffee stimulates stress levels in your body (caffeine i suppose) and can break you out but i'm not sure if this is true. Have any of you experienced substantial breaking out when consuming alot of coffee daily? thx.

Try switching to tea.

Or just lay off the coffee for a few weeks and see if there is improvement.

caffeine has never broken me out and i have taken things with similar amounts to coffee.. i think people get way too paranoid about the food they eat and acne.. its quite pathetic.. the only food related thing that has ever broke me out is iodine.

This is just a theory...and isn't true. I have actually looked into great detail on this subject.

There are theories contradicting your statement, saying coffee HELPS acne...I have read drinking freshly brewed coffee will kill toxins in your system/bloodflow that creates acne...once again, I think it's all just pointless ramble.

There are tons of theories and things that people say aggrivates and makes acne worse, my advice? Don't allow these small things to run your life...coffee is not going to give you 100 pimples and will not cure your acne either...just enjoy life, but FOLLOW THE REGIMEN!

you know what, maybe the science behind diet and acne are true 99% of the time. but there's always that small minority that defy conventional science.

i drank a ton of coffee mid december and i broke out like a mother fucker. i hadn't had coffee in over two years. that's the last time i ever drink coffee again.

true, i had many other contributing factors to acne (stress, no sleep, poor diet), but cofee was something that was new.

My derm told me to lay off caffene, I have no idea why. It might break some people out, who knows..

I didn't know... I will stop drinking coffee :wall:

I'm pretty sure coffee has at least a minor negative effect on my acne. I don't drink it every morning anymore and only have it on occasion. For me there isn't a direct cause and effect relationship because for awhile my acne was extremely mild and I drank coffee everyday. Now that it came back however, coffee (along with other things) seem to aggrevate it to some extent

I don't drink coffee, but I notice that if I drink more than one caffeinated soda a day, I get the cysts under the skin right around my chin area. I stick with just one 12 oz can a day, and drink like 96 ounces of water every day (I buy the 32 ounce plastic bottles at the local sporting goods stores and make sure I drink three of those per day) that seems to help. I think there IS something to the caffeine thing... I know they say eating chocolate doesn't cause acne, but I did notice this holiday season when I was "cheating" more with my normally fairly healthy diet, and eating more goodies and junk food, I had more breakouts. My mom says I'm neurotic about it, but when you've dealt with this acne all your life, you notice these things!