Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junkeroos

Tretinoin/Retin-A

Has anyone here used Tretinoin/Retin-A to get rid of red marks. My doctor prescribed me clindamycin with tretinoin to get rid of acne but i'm curious if the Retin-A would also help with the red marks because i have not seen resultsand i have been in it for 1 month. I asked him about adapalene and azelaic acid but he said to stay on this regimen for two months.

I use complex a, I think it's the same. Anyways, I heard retin a is great for red marks.

I've been using 0.1% retin-a for about a week. IMO, it just flakes up the top of the skin removing everything. My brown marks seem to have decreased a little, and some turned red. So far, it's alright I guess.

What about those users of adapalene (Differin) or azelaic acid (Azelex, Skinoren, Finacea)? Did you see improved results with red marks?

I used adapalene (Differin) for a couple of weeks and in that time my red marks definitely faded at least some amount, but I've been off it for about a week now because I want to do a glycolic peel. It almost seems like they went back to their original state after I stopped using it, even though that seems pretty illogical since it works by removing layers of skin, I think.

Anyway, if you don't plan on doing any glycolic acid peels in the near future, I think differin is really good. I didn't like using azelaic acid at all.