Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KarenD

Clear but oh so oily!!!!

I have been using the Regimen for 2 months now and I'm totally clear, but my skin is sooooo oily in the t-zone. I go through so many oil blotting papers it's ridiculous. I have tried several mattifying products but nothing works. Is this common? Dan doesn't really mention it in the "What to expect" section. The products I use for the Regimen are Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, BP Gel, Eucerin Day Skin Renewal on dry areas. You would think that using so much BP would dry me out more!

Any suggestions appreciated!

Some believe that by drying your skin often, the skin will compensate by increasing more oil production, that way, keeping your skin moisturized. Personally I believe its true too. After getting on Proactiv (BP based), and then switching to the Regimen, my skin started producing oil like a Mazola factory!

I have normally oily skin, and I noticed that the Neutrogena on-the-spot dried me out more, and gave me a more matte appearance than the bp gel did. I sure like the gel, how smooth it is, and invisible, but I still use the Neutrogena because it just seems to function better for my very oily skin.

But I do dab on some powder too, and utilize blotting papers when needed.

It's a curse, I know.

Eucerin gives my face a slightly shiny look as well.

I used Complex 15 before. It didn't moisturize and prevent flakes as well as the Eucerin, but there was no oily look to it.