Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkaz

large amounts of TCA peel

i just did at least a teaspoon worth of TCA into a 1 DIME (the us currency 10 cents) sized area. does it even mater how much i put on the area?

I just kept dappin at the scared area.... intil the teaspoon worth of TCA 15% was gone..................... the area raised like it was swellingg....... now i have a big scab on my face..............

what i do:

1.face wash

2.apply tca

3.sleep it off

hope it goes well all

just wondering if anyone did this before..........

sorry for teh bad english iam in china

for anyone who wants to know......... this did NOT help on the scars............... :wall:

just a very long scab downtime...its been 2-3 weeks scab still on teh face.!!!

iam not sure about NOT helping but it looks like the scars are still there......

now i use 50% CROSS techinque on my other icepicks and boxscars... hope it goes well

... I must say , it is going very wells i will try to update

First Week: One of the Crossed scars scab fell off on its own.......looks like it make the scar more round................... :doh: (hopefully collagen rebuild it to make it close in).... the other scabs are still intact.................

looks like i hyperpigmented on my large amount of TCA area....... NOoooooooo.... anything that will help this fade? == I been puting vigegar on it to try to tone it out... look like its not working- help plz the color is like Purpleish Pink more purple tho... maybe because i was picking at the scab and peelign it too earlie ? ( it has been at least 2 WEEKs alrdy)

I did the tca 15% spot peel with a qtip also. I did around 3 or 4 of these peels spaced a week or two apart till I saw my skin weakening a bit. I decided to wait a month to do more. It has since bounced back and I just did another one last night. I dipped the tca and rubbed it on the spot and kept repeating untill it frosted. I think I got some improvements but had stopped doing them for a few months till yesterday. I almost like the way it lightly scabbed since it made the scar appear smoother. I just got a very light scab after a few days which peeled pretty quick. It was easily covered with makeup. DON'T use vinager since it is acidic and will irritate the area more. Use neosporin after doing this type of spot peel. I just recently ordered 100% tca and plan on diluting it to 25% for spot peels and possibly trying a 50% cross on a scar by my ear to see how it works. I am waiting for the stronger tca since the 15% is the strongest I've tried. Please update on your stronger or cross peel which you just performed since I am just now brave enough to try it. ;)

I dont know if its the lighting or what but the large amount of TCA area has = faded a lil with the vinegar ( i know i shouldn't use it but that was before i gotten the advice, i will stop uusing vinegar and use antibiotic)

The other 2 CROSSed areas have gotten pretty dark now. i can almost feel a scab forming on one of the crossed area

JUST wondering if anyone has HYPERPIGMENTEd on their face while using TCA peel 15% or any %

DAY 2 After 1st scab fell off: i dont know if it rescabed or what, but the scar looks like its fillin it

as for % improvement i would say: 40% ( iam very hopeful after a couple more CROSS it will make the scar look like if it was never there)

UPdate on the large amount of TCA scab: i think i really hyperpigmented( I think its turning from PURPLE to BROWN)!... is there anything i can do??????

I'm unsure if you are male or female but I would suggest leaving it alone for a bit to give your skin a chance to recover. Possibly wear a bit of makeup to conceal the area. If you have gotten pigment issues, a light peel later may help but for now it's best to let it heal and recover. That is great the success you are getting with the cross. People said this before, alot of what you see may be swelling but chances are there are some improvments. I was thrilled after a spot peel a while back, only to realize later, it was the skin slightly swelling and taughtness that was causing it to appear so much better, but I still think I got some results with the spot peels. Possibly 5% each time or a bit less. The scar I'm working on seems to be large to me and since it's in the center of my face, I've been reluctant to try the cross but think now I might after I experiment with a few small scars in less obvious places. What was your technique with the cross??? I still havn't gotten the tca (100%) in the mail yet but plan on diluting it to 50% possibly for the cross.

I'm unsure if you are male or female but I would suggest leaving it alone for a bit to give your skin a chance to recover. Possibly wear a bit of makeup to conceal the area. If you have gotten pigment issues, a light peel later may help but for now it's best to let it heal and recover. That is great the success you are getting with the cross. People said this before, alot of what you see may be swelling but chances are there are some improvments. I was thrilled after a spot peel a while back, only to realize later, it was the skin slightly swelling and taughtness that was causing it to appear so much better, but I still think I got some results with the spot peels. Possibly 5% each time or a bit less. The scar I'm working on seems to be large to me and since it's in the center of my face, I've been reluctant to try the cross but think now I might after I experiment with a few small scars in less obvious places. What was your technique with the cross??? I still havn't gotten the tca (100%) in the mail yet but plan on diluting it to 50% possibly for the cross.

My technique is pretty easy:

Wash with Oil-free cleanser-> pat dry

Now apply alchohol to the area

I use toothpick dip into my 50% tca

now i press pretty hard on to the scar

wait 5 minutes

Apply neutralizer

then apply antibiotic

Just wanted to add my 2 cents based and personal experience and lots of research.

TCA peels should never be used In fact, TCA is just a very strong exfoliator, It wasn't meant for scarring at all. Its main purpose is to provide a younger appeareance by taking off dead cells. Here's a hint : read any brochure,booklet,etc about TCA peels and you will notice that the topic sentence is alsways about exfoliation, spots and wrikles. Never about acne scarring. If they mention about it, it reads: " It MAY help acne scarring" . You also have to remember that TCA peels gives you TEMPORARY results. In less than 4 months your scars will be the same. Once ( an honest) dermatologist told me if I ever wanted to try another TCA peel for my scars, I should observe this: Even if you apply a 70% or 100% TCA solution around your finger tips, after the skin heals(couple of ys,weeks), your fingerprints will come back. He told me that scars are like fingerprints and TCA peels will not help get rid of them. On the contrary, the more TCA peels you do, the more damage you cause.

I don't understand why some people are trying tca peels like crazy. You have to remember that it's a very strong chemical acid (even if you use low concentrations). In the long run, your skin will reflect more damage than good. Not only it damages your skin, but also some important organs. Once a tca is applied on your skin, it gets (very easily) in your bloodstream, once it gets there, it screws up your organs and inmune system. There are many doctors who nowadays (with some innovative treatments that offer same results) refuse to treat their patients with TCA peels.

Stay away from tca peels. its results are temporary and individual , but its side effects are permanent and cumulative.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents based and personal experience and lots of research.

TCA peels should never be used In fact, TCA is just a very strong exfoliator, It wasn't meant for scarring at all. Its main purpose is to provide a younger appeareance by taking off dead cells. Here's a hint : read any brochure,booklet,etc about TCA peels and you will notice that the topic sentence is alsways about exfoliation, spots and wrikles. Never about acne scarring. If they mention about it, it reads: " It MAY help acne scarring" . You also have to remember that TCA peels gives you TEMPORARY results. In less than 4 months your scars will be the same. Once ( an honest) dermatologist told me if I ever wanted to try another TCA peel for my scars, I should observe this: Even if you apply a 70% or 100% TCA solution around your finger tips, after the skin heals(couple of ys,weeks), your fingerprints will come back. He told me that scars are like fingerprints and TCA peels will not help get rid of them. On the contrary, the more TCA peels you do, the more damage you cause.

I don't understand why some people are trying tca peels like crazy. You have to remember that it's a very strong chemical acid (even if you use low concentrations). In the long run, your skin will reflect more damage than good. Not only it damages your skin, but also some important organs. Once a tca is applied on your skin, it gets (very easily) in your bloodstream, once it gets there, it screws up your organs and inmune system. There are many doctors who nowadays (with some innovative treatments that offer same results) refuse to treat their patients with TCA peels.

Stay away from tca peels. its results are temporary and individual , but its side effects are permanent and cumulative.

what about the collagen rebuild when tca cross is used.. = is that temp??

What is the neutralizer you use? Also how long before the scab appears and falls off?? Thanks.

neutralize i use came with the TCA 50% i bought with it ... the main ingedient is sodium bicarbonate, which is used to neutralize the acidy. regards to the scab = 2 of the 3 scabs are still on, the first one fell off around 5-7 days

HYPERPIGMENTed on my large amount of TCA = any help ? (the scar is purple - brown now with little pink mixed in )

The collagen rebuild is temporary. That's why your scars will come back. That's why tca peels are a nasty shortcut with cummulative (dangerous) side effects. Even people who have had (own) fat transfer or collagen injections, are very dissapointed after a couple of months because their skin comes back to its original state. That's why they have to repeat those procedures periodically. And you don't want to do many tca. It will cause severe damage to your skin in the long run.

The collagen rebuild is temporary. That's why your scars will come back. That's why tca peels are a nasty shortcut with cummulative (dangerous) side effects. Even people who have had (own) fat transfer or collagen injections, are very dissapointed after a couple of months because their skin comes back to its original state. That's why they have to repeat those procedures periodically. And you don't want to do many tca. It will cause severe damage to your skin in the long run.

THEN what works ??????!!!!!!?? :wall::wacko::(:|:|

if CROSS is only TEMP!?!

where did you find this info, thx in advance

Update*01/14/06*

last scab fell off, i think this was one of the tca cross i did correctly

and To me VERY good IMPROVEMENT(30-40%) !!!! :D

I did a few spot peels on a scar beside my ear which is quite a bit less noticeable even several months later. I also applied it to an area that was in the healing stages which, I believe, would have certainly left a scar. It is now barely obvious. I use it sometimes when a blemish is healing and it seems to make the area heal completely in the long run without leaving a mark. I havn't ever used more than a 15% strength since I still havn't diluted or gotten any neutralizer for the stronger tca which I just received. I do think it is something to use with care and extreme caution. I would only use it in the lower percentages and slowly work up to a higher percentage. To say it is temporary, I know it is not true. To make an old scar go away is a different story. Older scars may be more "blueprinted" into the skin and harder to remold or reheal. I havn't heard or read about any studies which indicate that it will do any damage to organs since it is a topical treatment. I realize that theoreticly, small amounts could get into your bloodstream but who knows? Then theoreticly, wouldn't other products which by all means shouldn't be consumed , which people use every day on their skin, ie: salicidic acid, benzoyl peroxide, what about lotions for fungal issues? Household cleaners which frequently get on the hands but wouldn't be consumed. Wouldn't these also get into your bloodstream and cause cancer or something?? If there were any documented studies which led to this or other conclusions, then I would like to see the source? Peace.