Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well here is a little rant.

I was going to go bowling with a group of friends but a few are going to NYC and Rutgers New Brunswick to stay with some friends. I dont know those guys and well, I wasnt invited to go but that isnt why I am not going anywhere. One reason is, if I was invited I doubt I would go because I get really freaked out around people I dont know (plus i am the only girl and staying in a dorm which a bunch of guys wont be too fun for me). I feel very self conscious even though I look fine with make up on... acne really knocks my self esteem down.

I am pretty much bummed so today while I was talking to another guy friend I asked where he was going and he said- I am going out to a buddy's house. So I said "Must be nice to get invited places" and he says something dumb- "I'd invite you but i dont know all of the people there and some are real assholes when they drink... but i would invite you if you knew em." Now that is the lamest excuse ever. I told him about my plans being cancelled/changed for new years and he said "you gotta invite yourself". Ummm... thats a little rude, eh? lol Now this guy I have known for a while now and we talk about everything but one thing that bugs me is he never invites me anywhere. anymore... He always says "Do what you want, its a public place... you can go if you want". I need another guy to translate for me here. Like i said i dont like inviting myself and a few times hes like ok well if you want to go, I will see you there and I never do.

I think maybe I have some kind of social anxiety problem going on because when I am out even with friends I find people staring at me. Like do i have a tattoo on my forehead that says Please stare at me??? So that is a reason I dont go out places alone unless its food shopping but what fun is it for a girl like me to just go to a bar myself? I always go places with my friend Dan and 2 of his other friends. Dan and I were at the mall and while walking people were staring at me. I didnt get it. Either they REALLY liked my coat or something was wrong with me... so i said to Dan- Is there something on me? People keep staring!!! He told me that he used to feel the same way but instead he figured out that maybe people liked us or thought we looked nice, not necessarily that we had a booger sticking out...

I dont mean to be so off topic... but i am bummed about New Years. I was trying to find someone to hang with but all of my friends except 2 are married and have kids so its a bit different now. I feel so left out anymore.

My buddy called just now and i told him what i am posting and he says i just need more confidence... but how?

leet, your friend sounds like he sucks. anyone who says "ok well if you want to go, I will see you there" kinda sucks. i think that's rude and condescending.

and people are not staring at you for any other reason than you are another person to stare at. i stare at people ALL THE TIME. i can't help it, i love looking at people. i try not to make them uncomfortable, but i love people watching. don't worry about it.

oh, and why would you say "must be nice to get invited places"? that reeks of desperation. i understand that you feel lonely, and left out, but you have to keep your self-respect in tact. if you don't have anyone to go out with, why don't you have a fun night by yourself? rent a movie, eat some cupcakes, read a book, i don't know. or why don't you invite out some aquintances (sp)?

Its a new year, if you spend it being miserble, then cheers to your miserble new year. As for me, I'm going to be with my friends and drink, get laid, makeout, who the fuck knows. Half of 2005, I spent it in my room, the last month I've had a great time every night.

Guest tenshigirl25

well i think the guy that said "go if u want..it's a public place" just meant he doesn't want u hanging off him all night. maybe he sees u as someone who cant go off by themselves and meet people or start conversations? that's how it sounds by the way u described yourself. As for people staring, i think it's normal but people with confidence in themselves don't worry about these things.. sometimes i think it aswell and i get freaked out when im walking by myself. it sounds like your a nervous person and u think a lot.. Maybe u need to let your hair down and walk with your head up high because i promise u that people dont really care or stare, they are too worried about themselves. It could also be that u look nice? or maybe u give out some kind of vibe..

i think u need some new friends, a fresh start or someone who can lift u up instead of feeling insecure.. I remember when i was at a new job and my friend and i, we weren't the type to socialize with everyone. we kept in our little 2some but it was a bad idea and another girl came up to me once who later turned out to be best friends and she said that i shouldn't just ignore everyone around me, it will give ppl the idea that im a snob or a vibe that i dont want to talk to anyone. she said i should go up to people and initiate the hellos and conversations..of course not everyone is going to warm up to u but there is always someone who u connect with or who is friendly. the idea is to just smile and make the 1st step, not to have all thse crazy ideas in your head that are probablly not even true.

anyway, my friends want me to goout for NY's but i have no money and im not feeling good and plus im not suposed to be drinking yet..last time i got sick (im on accutane) so ill probably just stay home..its no big deal..sometimes i go out and others i dont give a fuck so maybe u can just go to a public place and start drinking.. i did it once in a club when my frind went home sick and i dint care..yeah, ppl asked me who was i with and i said no-one but who cares..they didnt and we had a good time. sorry for the long post, got carried away.. :D:angel:

I've had two invites but looks like Im turning them both down, as Ive had a bit of a breakout this week plus Im really not in the mood. Its always too much effort. =(

I really want to go to this 1920s party at this club around here, but my bf (i think he is my bf) is working and I don't have any other friends that could go. I really don't want to spend it alone!

All my friends are going to gatecrasher, I'd love to go but I couldn't be around all those good looking people while I'm in this mess so I made an excuse- told them i was working on new years day.

Not missing alot anyway, I'd only end up taking too many drugs and drinking too much alcohol.

I don't give a shit what society expects me to be doing when the earth completes one full rotation around the sun.

EXACTLY....I WILL BE DRUNK THOUGH...ONLY BECUASE I HAVENT TOUCHED A DRINK OR DRUG SINCE JUNE 27.AND NEW YEARS IS A GOOD EXCUSE TO GET FUCKED UP...

Guest Poker-Butt

IPB Imagethinking about seeing these hotties dance it for me

DAMN! IM CHECKING OUT THE WEBSITE....MY GOD! LOL...THOSE GUYS ARE HOTT!! :)

Guest · Jake ·

I'm not doing anything for New Year's because it's not a big deal. The whole party, get laid scene isn't anything special.

I'm throwing a masquerade party! If anyone is in the DFW area you're invited. Just PM me for the 411.

Elsewhere;

Is the reason you never go out because you are too busy taking advantage of your father and having sex with him? That poor man...

You really should quite doing that to him, he is so innocent, and you are a big strong young girl.

:naughty:

Guest tenshigirl25

i'm not going anywhere because i basically have no friends.

your what? 15? how come someone as cute as u doesnt have friends? im not a lesbian by the way.. :shhh:

Sorry about these feelings you have leet, I cant really give you any advice that hasnt already been given but I really hope you get them straightened out because youre a really cool chick from what I can tell and I hope you have a happy new years anyways

frances

I guess its going to be me and a bottle of Jager Ive got in the fridge. Oh and some red bull.

I dont know whats up with my friends... I guess cause I have no female friends. I sometimes hate hanging with all guys. LOL No idea why i have no female friends. Like i said, the rest of em are married and i feel like crap cause of it.

I slowly am becoming a hermit... I feel I am going backwards and I dont know why exactly. All I do is work and stay home because I am tired from work. I need a new job. My entire life needs a change and I am looking for ways. I was going to join the Navy... might still do it.

Thanks for the replys guys... i see what each one of you are saying. I just gotta get over this social anxiety or whatever I have got and go out and have more fun on my own... but its hard because I always expect the worst- like my mom always says when I go out places to never leave my drink alone, stay around your friends... dont give out too much info to strangers, dont let them see your car (like they will follow me)... so i guess the way I have been brought up- pretty much sheltered is all I know and it has fucked me up.

don't know what i am doing. a couple friends got to work & my sister is goin to ohio w/her boyfriend. and going out somewhere there. i was gonna go out tonight to a movie and then out but my friend's boyfriend had a wreck. he's ok but his car is totaled. and she doesn't drive. everyone else is working.... sounds so fun this weekend :( not

I'm going to a party with my family at my brother-in-law's parents' house. I'm kind of dreading it because my skin is all red and blotchy and dry right now (I've just started the regimen) so I look pretty hideous, plus the only other single person there will be my dad!

But I'm determined to have a good time, dammit! I have a gorgeous new dress to wear and I'm going to get drunk, have fun, and ring in the new year with the people I love.

i'm gonna be with my collegs in school.

last year and the year before and year before and etc i was at home with my mother and father.

but day after tomorrow i'm going to have fun like i never had.

just one question

IS ALCHOCOL BAD FOR ACNE???

My friend made revervations at a really nice restaurant, so all the girls and I are gonna get all dressed up and eat dinner. After that we're all going back to her place, and then the guys are gonna join us. Let the party begin! I hope everyone has a great New Year's!