Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmoALaura

Do you think this board should be divided into "severe" and "shallow" scars?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this board should be divided into "severe" and "shallow" scars?

• Yes
    • No

We see very often people with different scarring being led to the wrong treatment by reading other people's experience with some treatment. For example, TCA peels may help those with shallow scarring but will do nothing for people with deep scars (just messing up even more their skin). Apart from that, i think i am not the only one here with severe scarring that gets depressed every time someone with almost flawless skin comes here freaking out about how a couple of almost invisible icepicks are ruining their modeling career.

Please vote

No. Just because someone's scarring is not as bad as someone else's doesn't mean it should be minimized. I mean, should we also divide red marks and really, really red marks, too? C'mon. When does it end?

It's all about the scars and there are like 10 different kinds of them and I don't think we should have 10 different groups.

dividing it up isn't nessasary and could slow the sharing of knowledge. and, really from what i've noticed, the people on here who have "severe" scaring seem to just have more scars than the people with moderate scars. really, the scars themselves, when compared scar to scar, are quite similar. the difference is some people have 50 scars and some people have 3 scars.

futhermore, there are just too many varibles when you divide it up. where do you draw the line? someone who has fifty shallow scars will appear to have a much more severe case of scaring compared to someone who has three very deep scars. but really in a scar to scar comparison the opposite would be true.

the threads themselves already seperate to some extent. you have the rolling scar threads, the box car threads, etc.

dividing it up isn't nessasary and could slow the sharing of knowledge. and, really from what i've noticed, the people on here who have "severe" scaring seem to just have more scars than the people with moderate scars. really, the scars themselves, when compared scar to scar, are quite similar. the difference is some people have 50 scars and some people have 3 scars.

exactly what I was going to say

I for one would think that this would be very unproductive since some people wouldn't know what category they fit into. I have a scar that bothers me a lot but would it be considered severe or shallow.

If you have alot of shallow scars all over would that be considered severe or if you had a six or so really big deep and ones would that be severe? The fact is that not only does scar type matter but skin type and the number of scars and location of scars and age are big factors so should we have also separate divisions for these factors? I say no because you would end up read both forums anyways and there would be so many duplicate posts that it would just be more wasted time.

I voted no.

I do feel often it should be divided. But I doubt it would work. Currently we continuously have people in this scar forum who really just have red marks and are just calling them scars. Already the red_marks vs scars forum separation doesn't seem to work perfectly either. It really takes several months to see if some red mark turns out to be really a scar. Some methods of fixing scars are even harmfull when the scar tissue is not fully mature yet. One cannot know the true shrinking and indentation of the scar before the color has lightened lighter than the normal skin.

i voted no also b/c all information is good for everyone. if anything, though, those of us with more mild to moderate scarring are probably being deterred from trying treatments that people with severe scarring are condeming and cursing as ineffective.

i'm getting the idea that some of the people who are saying nothing works or shows any improvement either a) have REALLY bad scars or b) are just really negative people.