Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
playground_love

i heart working out?

i'm trying to figure out if working out cleared me up...

about a month and a half ago, on the same day i began taking minocycline, i began working out hardcore. i immediately noticed results (no joke, the next day), and in a few weeks i was completely clear. i don't think i've been this clear since i was ten...

well, anyway, i can't decide if it's the working out or the minocycline that did it. i doubt the minocycline would begin working that fast, but i'm aware of all the controversy that surrounds the effects of working out on acne.

what do you guys think??

When I work out I break out because of all the sweat and everything. Maybe it's the mino. Whatever it is, good luck, keep clear.

I used to take Minocycline and it worked like a champ. Actually, it did start to work the very next day; however, it made me dizzy so I had to stop taking it. Only about 1/10 of 1% of people get dizzy by taking it, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :lol2:

If going to the gym doesn't make you break out then keep doing it. If it doesn't help with your acne, at least you will feel healthier. Congrats on getting your acne under control!

i go on the treadmill for an hour every night, on the uphill setting (15 incline, which is seriously uphill). i sweat a TON, but i wash my face immediately afterward (and before).

wow... wish I could do the treadmill for an hour! ;) (I can only last for 20 minuts, but im getting better!)

I haven't tried mino., but I can kind of understand how working out might help with acne. When you work out, it helps relieve stress, and when you're less stressed, it messes less with your hormones, which could cause less acne? I'm not completely sure, but now that you mention it, I have been clearer during the periods I work out and break out more during the periods of time I don't work out. Hmm.... maybe?:)

i go on the treadmill for an hour every night, on the uphill setting (15 incline, which is seriously uphill). i sweat a TON, but i wash my face immediately afterward (and before).

I always feel great about my self and my skin gets better after excerise. However, I would not want to let sweat linger for much after I'm finished, that's asking for trouble.

I'm going into the army soon, and it will be interesting to see how my skin reacts to the conditions and physical training.

wow, I wish I could do that too...I go on the treadmill for about 20 minutes to 30 min. but I dont run the whole time. I walk at a decent speed then run (6.0) then walk and so on. maybe I'll try harder because I always want to sweat alot but cant push myself that hard (i need a personal trainer, even though i'm not overweight, I just need someone to push me). I bet working out is definitely helping your skin...keep it up! :D

Jump rope is the best way to get quick, intense cardio(That and HIIT). Try using a speed rope for 10-15 min and you'll be absolutely beat, unless you are in peak peak form.