Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Any Sucess Stories with.......

just wondering if anyone taht toke pills antibiotic pills ...if it helped their acne...if so how long did it take

Well most people who had success and have had their acne cleared from antibiotics dont stick around here anymore to share their success. But for what its worth I have heard that there are people who have taken antibiotics and after their course they never had acne problems ever again. It depends whether ur lucky or not.

this past summer i was on 250mg tetracycline 2x a day..from may to july i was on it...COMPLETELY clear the whole time and for 2 months after when i was off....but of course at the end of august i started breaking out again..went to my gp gave me tetra again took it for 2 1/2 more months with no results whatsoever...so now ive ended up on accutane

I've been on doxycycline 100mg/day for smack bang on 2 months and i've had good, not great results up until a week ago...and now over the xmas break where i've eaten so much junk and drank lots (and done barely any exercise...whereas i'm usually a fitness freak in semester time), my skin is crystal clear! Hoping it stays like this :) I'm gonna stay on 100mg/day for another couple of months and see what happens after that...

good luck

anti biotics do work, for some, however the effect only lasts whilst you are on the medication, and whilst your body has not built up immunity.

My acne was drastically improved by anti biotics, however I decided to cease taking them as it was not a long term solution.