Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

Does everyone have excess oil on their faces?

ok-this is a weird question but I was wondering if everyone leaves oily residue on the oil control sheets (by clean and clear or any other brand)? Even peopel with out acne. The skin on the rest of my body doesn't leave any oil on those sheets. My skin get oily with then 2-3 hours after washing usually. Does anyone else have this experience? Thanks for reading:)

ok-this is a weird question but I was wondering if everyone leaves oily residue on the oil control sheets (by clean and clear or any other brand)? Even peopel with out acne.

Everybody with sebaceous glands (in other words, the entire human race) produces sebum, but some people produce more than others. Not surprisingly, people with acne average higher levels of sebum than others.

The skin on the rest of my body doesn't leave any oil on those sheets.

Sebaceous glands in some parts of the skin (like the face) are MUCH bigger and fatter and produce more oil than the glands in other parts of the skin. Some areas of the skin don't even contain sebaceous glands, like the palms of the hand, the soles of the feet, and... well, let's stop the list right there! :D

My skin get oily with then 2-3 hours after washing usually. Does anyone else have this experience?

That's not at all uncommon, especially for people with acne. Sebum starts oozing out again IMMEDIATELY after washing, so all you can do is wash regularly to minimize it, or wipe it away.

If you have a very sensitive sebum detector like a Sebutape test-strip (used by doctors and researchers to measure sebum), you can thoroughly wash and then COMPLETELY de-fat your skin with something like alcohol or ether, and then just as little as 10-15 minutes later (or even less), you can detect the early traces of sebum starting to reappear on your skin. Not much you can do about that, I'm afraid, unless you want to take Accutane or use other dangerous drugs and hormones! ;)

Bryan

Yeah. Let's start selling sebum to people without acne as a superb moisturizer! We can get a device that collects sebum from us, and bottle it up. We could make millions! We'll call it Nature's Best. A natural moisturizer!

Yeah. Let's start selling sebum to people without acne as a superb moisturizer! We can get a device that collects sebum from us, and bottle it up. We could make millions! We'll call it Nature's Best. A natural moisturizer!

Since sebum isn't even a moisturizer, we'd probably get sued by the Federal Trade Commision for false advertising! :hand:

Bryan