Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zending

Just a story, might help some people.

I have been suffering from acne for about 8 years now...since about 6th grade. I am 20 years old now, for those of you who failed 4th grade math like myself. In 6th grade it wasn't too bad, just a few pimples here and there. 8th grade it started getting worse, I was breaking out on my cheeks and such. By high school, I was a full fledged severe acne patient. I had cysts along my jawline and on my chin. I'd get them between my eyes, on my temples, on my nose, and on my chest and shoulders as well. It was terrible. I got my first girlfriend when I was a Senior in high school, she didn't seem to mind. Too bad I didn't like her too much...though I ended up staying with her for 2 years out of pure insecurity. After a semester of college I joined the Marine Corps, I was only 18. When I was in the Marines, I had pneumonia, bad, in both lungs. However, my immune system was so intent on working the pneumonia out, my acne completely dissappeared. All of it. Not one pimple/lesion on my entire body. I was near the point of death, but my skin was beautiful. It seems wrong to have liked that feeling, but I had never really seen my face clear before. Anyways, I eventually got discharged from the Marines recently due to medical difficulties. My acne came back in full force, if not worse. I got another girlfriend after that, and she was beautiful. I mean, I couldn't even believe that a girl this good looking would go out with a guy like me. I totally forgot I even had acne when I was with her. Unfortunately, her parents eventually hated me once they found out we were having sex, and we were forced to break up. I think that's when my acne really started bothering me. I eventually got some smoothbeam treatments on mainly the lower half of my face. My face and body are looking quite good these days. However, the psychological effects are still devastating on me. I look in the mirror as much as I can, and I still break out around my temples which makes me very angry at times (you can check my album). I realize as I'm writing this that I may sound ridiculous, but I think it's harder to get over the psychological effects of acne, than it is to actually clear up your skin. My skin is staying rather clear, and I still obsess over the mirror and the smallest imperfections. Long story short here, and the bottom line. Work on your self worth and mental issues, because even after the acne is gone, they will stay.

Acne between the eyes is possibly the worst you can get, it just looks so damn disgusting, a few weeks ago I had a nasty one there, for some damn reason I tried picking it. Not a pretty sight, lemme tell ya!

Damn parents for ruining you're happiness! How old was the girl?

Acne between the eyes is possibly the worst you can get, it just looks so damn disgusting, a few weeks ago I had a nasty one there, for some damn reason I tried picking it. Not a pretty sight, lemme tell ya!

Damn parents for ruining you're happiness! How old was the girl?

She was 17, I was 19 when we started dating. 17 is the legal age where I live as well. Hrm. :cry:

I'm not gay but you look good to me. You got that macho look. Lots of girls who go for that.

Unfortunately, her parents eventually hated me once they found out we were having sex

How do you veiw pictures

You doubleclick their names and go to information - gallery. Some people here are very beautiful. By the way, didnt know that spice chick had acne too. :question:

Zending, you should really think about moving to the UK/Ireland, every second person here has at least mild acne, if you lived here, you'd be beating the girls away with a stick!

Well, only beating the really kinky girls back with a stick.........

:P

(get it? Beating? Stick? Kinky?)

Eh. Nevermind, lame joke.

Zending, you should really think about moving to the UK/Ireland, every second person here has at least mild acne, if you lived here, you'd be beating the girls away with a stick!

ohh really?? i never knew that...

Elsewhere;

Tell your dad I will be home around 2AM.

Guest tenshigirl25

i saw your photo..i was half expecting some guy with bad cystic acne but u dont have anything..your skin looks fine..? am i wrong here? u look good. whats the problem? i understand how u feel because my face was mild and then got worse and worse.. until i decided to try accutane. it not only fucks with your face but your head too.. but nothing to worry about..u look good..

Thanks for sharing your experience. For your benefit, I'll have to say that your skin looks great. If I had skin like that with no makeup, my life would be complete!

Hey, everyone. Thanks for your positive comments, I really appreciate them. In response to a few. I used to have real bad cystic acne. Not anymore though, it cleared up. The post was mostly aimed about how it affected me to think that even though I still have some acne, I still think I have it bad. However, your posts cheer me up greatly, I hope my skin continues to clear up, and I wish nothing but the best for the rest of you as well. If you have any questions, or just want to talk, feel free to IM me on AIM at MACH2000, or just e-mail me at [email protected]

i saw your photo..i was half expecting some guy with bad cystic acne but u dont have anything..your skin looks fine..? am i wrong here? u look good. whats the problem? i understand how u feel because my face was mild and then got worse and worse.. until i decided to try accutane. it not only fucks with your face but your head too.. but nothing to worry about..u look good..

tenshi, is the accutane really fucking with your head??