Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jersey Dude

Does it really work?

Does this thing really work? I mean I don't want to start it and have my skin be destroyed? I mean, I've tried stuff out there and I'm reluctant to starting this. Is it worth it? Thanks.

I sure hope so. I just ordered a tube 2 days ago. I've tried BP before but only 10% of what Dan is suggesting we use and it caused massive peeling/irritation/redness. I'm really scared to see what's going to happen when I actually use 100% of the reccommended dosage.

Looking at the product reviews for Dan's bp gel, used in conjunction with his regimen... I'd say it works for the vast majority of people (or at least the basic setup of the regimen).

I would say I have quite mild acne. Sometimes it can get really bad and my face will be red for a week but most of the time i have around 4 active pimples at any given time that usually take about a week to get to a whitehead status. Every time i get rid of the active ones, new ones seem to take their place. This is so annoying! The worst is the situation I'm in now. My right side of the face is completely clear and the left is terrible! So I'm always trying to turn my face to left when talking to ppl.

Anyway, the whole concept of the regiment seems legit and i believe it will work.

By the way, I have some questions regarding the regiment... (sorry for jacking this thread!)

I used to use BP but only on spots and I remember in the beginning i would peel alot. I don't see how moisterizer helps this. Moisturizer in my opinion PREVENTS dead skin from following off where as the opposite is needed. I realize I'm probably wrong about this but can anyone explain why moisturizer is so important? It makes me feel really oily and dirty every time I apply it.

Many ppl say to use moisturizer with AHA glycolic acid 10% to prevent flaking. Is this recommended for the beginning stages of the regiment?

What about for people with moderately oily skin? I read on a description of an AHA moisturizer that it is for normal to dry skin. I'm on the verge of ordering some AHA enriched moisturizer so input would be appreciated.

My skin is not oily all over, mostly on my nose and forehead but lately less so because I'm using a soap called "aknicare" that is really drying my face out so the oilyness is almost completely gone. But naturally I am quite oily.

Also, I went to a dermotologist the beginning of last summer and he prescribed differen (apapelene) for me. It really helped for the first month but then it seemed to loose it's affect. But what I want to know relates to something the doctor told me about where to put the cream.

He said don't put the cream on the right and left of your nose. Ok on the nose, but not on the part of your face that is closest to the nose left and right of it. (this is a really bad explanation but without a pic I can't do any better and I can't be bothered to upload right now).

So for BP is there any restrictions on where not to put the cream? Because my derm was really adamant about me not puttting any differin on this part of the face.

Also, right now I am almost clear on my right side. Should i still put BP all over even though nothing is there at the moment? I just don't want to cause an outbreak there if it's not necessary.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

yes, the Regimen works. But it is not a cure, it is a treatment.

You need to give it time to work, and do it just as it is described.

Let us know what you decide and we can coach you through it.

I've been on it since February, and it definitely has cleared me up.

My right side of the face is completely clear and the left is terrible! So I'm always trying to turn my face to left when talking to ppl.

You lucky [email protected][email protected]%^! My left side is completely clear but I got acne on the right. :mad: :(

If you've had acne on your right side before, you should apply BP there too. Otherwise you'll break out later. BP kills the bacteria before it causes damage, so don't wait till you break out. ;) Good luck. :)

Does this thing really work? I mean I don't want to start it and have my skin be destroyed? I mean, I've tried stuff out there and I'm reluctant to starting this. Is it worth it? Thanks.

The regimen is the ONLY thing that works for me :wub: It isn't a miracle, but it totally keeps acne under control (as long as you do it correctly)! It helped me tame my thirteen year moderate/severe acne :pray:

the CSR cleared your severe acne? you have before/after pics?

no, i'm sorry i don't :( It's the one thing i regret, not having taken any photos of my progress :wall:

But believe me :pray: there were days when I wouldn't leave the house for anything in the world. I had pustules, papules, blackheads, sometimes a whitehead would pop up here and there (but these were nothing compared to the rest of my face), and every now and then cysts.

It took me five months of doing the regimen religiously before I cleared up. And massive amounts of BP (but don't start off using so much! ramp up the dosage slowly)

It does work, but you have to be really, really patient. I dunno if it would work for everyonewith moderate/severe acne, but it did for me :pray: