Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmoALaura

Don't waste your money in "big" procedures

Or, you can start at the low end of the invasive scale and start with needling, fillers, tca cross.......I don't put much stock in fillers to be honest.

Sorry everything didnt work for you.. but you shouldnt post topics like this to discourage people..

Im so glad I didnt listen to everyone else and im so happy with the results I have had..

Sometimes you gotta go for it and HOPE for the best but KNOW there is always a chance it WONT work out

Alot of people have had great results with "BIG" procedures.. and I'm sure you know that aswell

Sorry everything didnt work for you.. but you shouldnt post topics like this to discourage people..

Im so glad I didnt listen to everyone else and im so happy with the results I have had..

Sometimes you gotta go for it and HOPE for the best but KNOW there is always a chance it WONT work out

Alot of people have had great results with "BIG" procedures.. and I'm sure you know that aswell

This post is meant to inform people about things they should know and give them an advice. Information can be discouraging. You have only done microdermabrasion, haven't you? If you go through a REAL surgery procedure then come back and tell this grumpy guy to stop discouraging people.

I tend to agree. Most people I've seen so far have had bad or minimal improvements with dermabrasion and CO2. In fact, I went to a PS who does dermabrasion and he said I shouldn't bother, because he's noticed that once the swelling subsides, the patients' scars look pretty much the same as they did before the procedure. He also said a lot of people regret doing dermabrasion for scarring and there are some serious side effects. I'm glad he was honest with me. He said the best thing is to do something that plumps up the skin temporarily. After reading about the people who had dermabrasion on this board, I am glad I know the facts. That is one procedure I will forgo.

I'll have to look into fillers, subcision and TCA.

She is not the only one who has wasted her money and made her skin worse with these big procedures. It is important for those of us who have gone through exoderm with no success to inform others so they can have a realistic view of the proedure. We all know there are unscrupulous plants promoting procedures and doctors who could care less about your scars, crushing your hopes, and wellbeing. They just see a way to bank at the expense of others misery and desperation. They probably never had scars or are thickskinned and think we desersve to be taken advantage of for spending our lives consumed with our scars. So far I know of 6 people besides myself who have had a bad experience with this highly promoted exoderm peel.

So I shouldn't spend 6,000 to fix my shallow scarring with a dermabrasion? It wouldn't help? I planned on excising the larger ones too before the procedure. So no go still? My better bet would be injections?

So I shouldn't spend 6,000 to fix my shallow scarring with a dermabrasion? It wouldn't help? I planned on excising the larger ones too before the procedure. So no go still? My better bet would be injections?

Kanmi,

Dermabrasion will work to smooth out excision scars. If you don't do excision first most pitted scars you will see little difference and most will become some what shallower but may also become wider. It can work but I have also seen some of Dr. Alkek's before and after pictures and most of the difference I see is the after pictures have make up on the faces. I really didn't see much improverment in scarring. Get your scars excised first and then see if you need to go further.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON TREATMENTS THAT WILL GIVE YOU MANY PROBLEMS, LONG HUMILIATING DOWNTIME AND VERY LITTLE IMPROVEMENT IF ANY

For guys, the most rediculous thing about dermabrasion is covering up the redness and demarcation lines with make up.

Dr. Y said when applied correctly, make up such as Dermablend can make the discoloration undetectable. So far, only one member reported that his make up was undetectable, although I have a very hard time visualizing how it can be done.

I tried it all, Dermablend, Coverblend (with help and instructions from staff), MAC, Jane Iradale, etc .... the make up were very detectable. In fact they looked like cake. Make up also melted especially on my oily skin, and it was impossible to find a place to recharge. It got to the point I have to decide if I let them laugh at the makeup, or at the discoloration. I got so sick of covering my face, I eventually stopped and swear I shall never use that yucky stuff again.

In retrospect, I should have just let people see the redness and the lines. They would be shocked and laugh at the discoloration but at least I could have kept more dignity.

I WISH I HAD DONE THIS INSTEAD OF DAMAGING MY FACE WITH EXODERM

I hope you will get over this and feel good again soon.

Best Wishes.

Kanmi,

Dermabrasion will work to smooth out excision scars. If you don't do excision first most pitted scars you will see little difference and most will become some what shallower but may also become wider. It can work but I have also seen some of Dr. Alkek's before and after pictures and most of the difference I see is the after pictures have make up on the faces. I really didn't see much improverment in scarring. Get your scars excised first and then see if you need to go further.

Thank you so much Colin. It means a lot to me that you're trying to help instead of yelling at me to go to a therapist.

I have a consultation with Dr Miles on January 11th. I'll talk to him about excision then. God I hope it won't be too much..

I would try a Tca cross (I would ask someone like Lexy or Reily where they got their Tca) on one scar only to see how your skin responds. Since you have not had any invasive procedures and you are so young this would probably work out well for you. Or find a reputable dermatologist to do the cross. Your skin looks pretty good and firm. I think dermabrasion would be overkill, but the results people have had are divided, so if you are really set on it and you found a dermatologist like Dr. Y that so many speak well of., I would only try a small area, if thats possible to see how it works out for you. It is alot of money for the possibility of negligible results and risk of further damage. I would also try subcision on the shallow scars with a dermatologist who people have had good results with. I dont trust most of the permanent fillers. I am thinking of trying out saline injections for the shallow scars and waiting to see what kind of results people get with the Fraxel since it is safer. I may just try the fraxel with Dr. fitzpatrick in La Jolla on one cheek or just the chin to see how it works out for me since it is so expensive. I wish we had isologen already. If I had not done the exoderm I would probably travel to kentucky to see magnetiboxs dermatologist for a power peel at 75$ each. I think some of my scars are actually shallower than the before pictures he showed us but his pores looked pretty good and he is alot younger. I wish I had listened to posters who suggested trying out less invasive procedures first. You are really pretty by the way, and I hope you get improvements you will be comfortable with. When you are 18 yrs old if you dont have any moral conflict, you may consider donating your eggs for 5 thousand dollars and even more money since you are so young and attractive. I would investigate further on the drugs they give you to induce ovulation and make sure you go to an agency that does have medical insurance for you. I personally think it is a nice thing to do and would not just do it for the money but I would like to investigate further.

I would not advise it. Dermabrasion is not for shallow scarring, in fact, I don't even think it's good for more extensive scarring; the risks are too great. You may really screw up your face. You are young and may heal beautifully. Try less invasive treatments first, and remember, time helps a good deal.

Did you know excision just creates another, linear scar?

Did you know excision just creates another, linear scar?

hI sassy svengali!

What kinda linear scar is it?? is it around the excised scar or with the folded skin???

Thanks

I would try a Tca cross (I would ask someone like Lexy or Reily where they got their Tca) on one scar only to see how your skin responds. Since you have not had any invasive procedures and you are so young this would probably work out well for you. Or find a reputable dermatologist to do the cross. Your skin looks pretty good and firm. I think dermabrasion would be overkill, but the results people have had are divided, so if you are really set on it and you found a dermatologist like Dr. Y that so many speak well of., I would only try a small area, if thats possible to see how it works out for you. It is alot of money for the possibility of negligible results and risk of further damage. I would also try subcision on the shallow scars with a dermatologist who people have had good results with. I dont trust most of the permanent fillers. I am thinking of trying out saline injections for the shallow scars and waiting to see what kind of results people get with the Fraxel since it is safer. I may just try the fraxel with Dr. fitzpatrick in La Jolla on one cheek or just the chin to see how it works out for me since it is so expensive. I wish we had isologen already. If I had not done the exoderm I would probably travel to kentucky to see magnetiboxs dermatologist for a power peel at 75$ each. I think some of my scars are actually shallower than the before pictures he showed us but his pores looked pretty good and he is alot younger. I wish I had listened to posters who suggested trying out less invasive procedures first. You are really pretty by the way, and I hope you get improvements you will be comfortable with. When you are 18 yrs old if you dont have any moral conflict, you may consider donating your eggs for 5 thousand dollars and even more money since you are so young and attractive. I would investigate further on the drugs they give you to induce ovulation and make sure you go to an agency that does have medical insurance for you. I personally think it is a nice thing to do and would not just do it for the money but I would like to investigate further.

That's so funny! Somebody else yesterday suggested I sell my eggs as well when I turn 18. But yeah .. the thought of dermabrasion really does scare me. I'm going to see a plastic surgeon on the 11th of January and see what he suggests. I know i'm young, and should let them heal, but the thing is, is I can't live like this anymore. My face is driving me insane. Everytime I see my reflection I become absolutely miserable :wall:

And a lot of my scars are already small, linear scars. The ones from being attacked by a dog are. I have a few icepick scars, one or two boxscars, and two perfectly circular scars about the size of a thumb tack. They used to be pretty deep, but they have filled out a lot and no longer feel indented at all. But I can still see the scar tissue over it. And what is subcision exactly? Oh and thanks for your help :D

wow.. sassy svengali... thats a pretty quick response..!!! :razz: Thanks!

have you tried the procedure then?

O. i really wanna know more about it....

I'm quick on the draw. :D

I haven't tried it, but others have.