Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ciould having braces toxify the body?

ummm well i hope not cuz im getting braces in january. but im only gonna have them for 3-4 months lol but i dont think braces and acne have a connection

They are most likely not related at all. I have perfectly fine teeth and I'll never need braces, but yet I have moderate-severe acne :wall:. So if anything, its a coincidince (which I'm pretty sure I spelled wrong.)

braces are unnatural (duh) and with the addition of rubber bands and the constant accidental touching of your face, this can't be good....SO GET THOSE BRACES OFF

This is a fascinating hypothesis. I had braces in my early teens. I would like to know how many others think this?

But, I didn't get acne till my 20s? What would account for the delay?

Do I sense sarcasm in this post?

Nah... I don't think there is a connection. Next we'll be freaking out about "Does going to a private school give you acne!?"

It's not like 100% of people on here have braces. I don't and never had. Both my brother and sister had braces (ironic that I was the only one to not brush my teeth when I was younger... yet mine are the healthiest and whitest) and they never had acne except for the odd pimple once a month.

It is quite obvious however that there could be different things that set different peoples acne off.

Guest quack

maybe it's just a matter of coincidence that some people got acne when they had braces.

No because when i had braces my acne was under control. I mean in a month all i get is like one small red bump that goes away in two days. Now i get like 5 bigger bumps per month.

Actually the computer helps me lower my acne. If im not using the ocmputer then im prolly touching my face lol. But i dunno everyone is different.

Guest Akira

When I had braces, I had alot of acne! I think it is true because I dont get that much acne since I got them off, I just got the scars :(

oh come on this has got to be a joke, how could their possibly be any connection between the two? So your acne has gone down since you removed your braces, you could apply this theory to anything.

"I used to get acne but then i broke both my legs and i never got it again"

Im not calling you a liar, i just really really question the feasibility of braces and acne having any correlation.