Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leopardskinny

leopardskinny's log

I dont really know why Ive decided to make a log, just for the hell of it I guess! Anyway, I think Id better tell you a bit about myself before I post my acne history!

Right now im 17. I live in the north west of Scotland (freezing cold right now!) and Im in my last year of high school. Im a sports freak, and I also do trampolining, and Im hoping to compete in that in the near future. I also do figure skating..hoping to compete in that too! Right now im trying to get a gallery going, but this is hard for me as all my photos are on another computer... so yeah, cant be bothered with all that right now, but maybe later :) .

Anyway, now onto the depressing stuff... my acne history. I got acne when I was 12 years old. It started out moderate, and by the time I was 13 I had severe cystic acne. This carried on. My first treatment was a years course of Tetracyclene. That didnt work. I was on Differin, Isoteinoin cream, BP wash, every cream under the sun almost. After numerous failed attempts my doctor reffered me to a dermatologist 85 miles away. (please be aware that we arent like Americans in that the Doctor is the first person we go to when we have acne, then if everything else fails THEN its one to the derm.) (oh yeah, btw I live in the middle of absolutley NOWHERE!) So, the the derm I went. After and hour and 1/2 driving, 2 hours waiting for my appointment, I got a 5 minute slot with the derm, and she just looked at my face and said, 'minocyclene'. That was that. A very wasted vist imo. So I got home and started the mino. It made me more sick than any other drug. I had a bad stomach, nausea, the works. So off with that. After that I went on the contraceptive pill, called Dianette. By this time I think I was 15. I was on that for 6 months. Didnt do a thing. (spotting a pattern anyone?) After this my doctor started taking seriously with me about 'tane. (i had expressed that I didnt want to go onto tane unless there was NO other alternatives, as I was too scared to go on it as there was imo a lack of reserch into the side effect of the drug). So it looked like I was going on the tane.

Then my dad came to me with acne org. It was unlike anything id ever seen. This guy called Dan was saying that he got clear from BP???? What?? In disbeleif I tried it. Along with drinking TONS of water, a healthy diet, and the regimen, my cystic acne cleared up into mild acne, and almost clear. For that I cant thank Dan enough. :D

But now, I face a new problem. Redmarks, and my remaining mild acne. So I have done a few peels now. They worked a bit, but not enough to merit buying another jar of peel off ebay and paying shitloads for the postage. So the other day someone on the UK boards talks about using a thing called Azelaic acid. I go out to my doctor and demand this cream stright away! The cream is called 'Skinoren' and says it doesnt reccomend even using a cleanser unless you really have to (weird huh?) but I cant go w/o a cleanser, so Ive gone and bought a bar of 'simple' soap, for sensitive skin.

I was also thinking to myself, all the cleansers and skin products that havent worked for me, I still keep. I use them now and again, but I think just my bar of simple soap and skinoren are all I really need. I was wondering, do you guys think I should just bin all the crap? Or should I just keep them and use then now and again like I do already?

This was only yesterday I got the cream and stuff, so I will be posting my results with this cream- maybe this is the final step in the path to clear skin??? Well I can only hope so! :angel:

ps. Please post comments! I love hearing other peoples views and experiences!

DAY 2

Well all I can say is that the 'simple' soap is great. My skin feels clean afterwards, but not tight and peeling- like a rash! So yeah, thats good. The skinoren is really weird though. I rub it all over my redmarks + acne, and it iches like crazy. Serioulsy, it must be the acid in the cream, but whatever it is this stuff itches.

Not only that but I havent been out with my friends for about a week now because I have Laringytus (sp!), which basically means my voicebox is broken And I cant speak. Ive got over the worst of it now, and my voice has half- come back, but guess what, I have to limit my speaking to a minimum! Oh well... This cream stuff better work b/c i dont want to be putting up with this itching for nothing..

DAY 3

Well, the redmarks on one side of my face appeared to be less 'angry' looking this morning, so I guess this is a good improvement. Mind you, at day 3 im not expecting any miracles!

Last night was probably the worst night for the itching. After applying the cream before bed, I lay in bed and couldnt get to sleep for a good hour because of the itching. I cant tell you how tempting it was to get up and wash all of this evil cream off my face, but I resisted the urge. I dont really beleive that this cream is helping breakouts, because Its just so rich and heavy- like a night cream almost. Oh well, I havent broken out (yet!) from it, so fingers crossed I wont anytime soon.

DAY 4

Not much to say about today, but the itching seems to have subsided. Maybe my skin just needed to get used to the cream? I dont know. Whats really annoying about this cream is that is doesnt absorb very well. Ill sit and rub it in for ages, and it will sometimes sit and leave a chalky mask on my face. Its just as well that my skin is ghost white anyway, as I can see that being bad if I was tanned. Oh yeah, Happy New years everyone!

Happy New Years to you also!

I don't have much advice for you but to keep on your regimine and stay on it. I hope your acne clears till the point you are 100% satisfied with your face. Good Luck! ;)

Happy New Years to you also!

I don't have much advice for you but to keep on your regimine and stay on it. I hope your acne clears till the point you are 100% satisfied with your face. Good Luck! ;)

thanks! I know mine is regimen that not many people are familiar with! But thanks for your positive comments! :D

oh yeah! DAY 5: not anything new today- except that the cream still isnt sinking in completley! Grrr...

DAY 9

Well there isnt much happening still... breackouts have been pretty well reduced, but the way this cream, unlike BP, doesnt fade is making me really self concious, b/c I keep thinking I'm going around with a mask of cream on my face. Apart from that I like this cream and I dont mind sticking to it.

DAY 10

Not much improvement, but not much brackouts either! I got my usual TOM breackout, but even that was only like, 3 spots! I am so pleased already with this cream. My redmarks are kinda fading, but not noticably yet, but thats to be expected. The only problem is that i'll have to go back to the doctors for more cream- ive used up half the tube already!

DAY 15.

Okay I have broken out probably the worst I have for about 6 months. Seriously. I pretty sure its not the cream, I dont really know whats brought it on. Anyway, I put BP on the spots and the skinoren on the skin around it. The BP seems to be drying out the spots nicley but Im feeling quite depressed and confidence has taken a definate plummet. Its just so crap b/c I actually thought I was on the road to clearness. Bah.

stick with it leopard...im on week 4 and am getting some good results..BTW the last week i added a gentle cleansing scrub by Shiseido and it seems to help even more.

But i should tell you, im not really using it for acne...but moreso with redmarks

stick with it leopard...im on week 4 and am getting some good results..BTW the last week i added a gentle cleansing scrub by Shiseido and it seems to help even more.

But i should tell you, im not really using it for acne...but moreso with redmarks

:) Yeah.. im going to stick with it- it was working before I had my breakout- im going back to it when my skin is zit free (hopefully)! Im glad its working for you- gives me hope y'know? I find that it did kind of help stop my skin from breaking out.. but I wouldnt reccomend this as an acne cream- which is what they market it as! Anyway.. time for an update I guess!

DAY 18

Breakout is being takled right now with BP... but im still putting the skinoren on the skin w/o the spots. The BP has been irritating my skin something awful, so I cant wait untill my current spots go down. I had one at the side of my mouth.. so the skin there is craking from the BP- ouchies!

DAY 20

Okay BP is doing a good job of drying up the existing spots... then I can get back to the skinoren cream properley. My skin is dry and flaky just now, but hey, ive been there before! Im drinking lots of water and eating good, so fingers crossed!

DAY 21

Not much different. Skin is doing okay again, and my breakout is almost gone. My skin is flaking like a bitch- but that should subside when i finish using the cream. I just ate a whole pack of oatcakes just now- I feel fat! :confused:

DAY 24

Skin looking almost back to normal. Im drinking tons of water just now, so Im hoping that should prevent too many new breakouts. Im not sure when i'll re-introduce the skinoren, but I think i may just let time take its course and see what happens with these damned redmarks. Im also thinking of trying some jessafoliation with my oral B toothbrush, so Im hoping that will speed up the healing process. Staying hopeful at the moment! ^_^

Well my improvements havent gotten better. Im starting to think Az is not the answer. It does help with the redness though definately.

Well my improvements havent gotten better. Im starting to think Az is not the answer. It does help with the redness though definately.

Im sorry to hear that... Im starting to think the same too. After a while my redness did start to go away, but I think that that is all the results Im going to get from it. I guess we're just going to keep trying. Stay hopeful :angel:

DAY 25

Havent tried Jess' regimen yet, but I think I will give it a shot tonight. Quite exited about trying something this unusual!

DAY 27

Tried Jessifoliation last night... and I woke up this morning with peachy soft skin. I think its something that I will keep doing once a day just to get my skin that soft! Ive got a couple of new spots again but right now Im trying to keep them under control with BP. I got my photo taken for my driving liscence the other day in a photo booth, and one cheek actually looked clear! I was soo happy! :D

DAY 28

2 new spots this morning. Not too bad for me I guess. Ah well. I might keep on going with the jessifoliation, it doesnt seem to be doing any harm, but im not seeing any benefits really either. I think I'll keep going with it for a couple more days, just to see what happens.

DAY 30

Skin looking better than usual. Ate a lot of crap today, so Im not looking forward to seeing the results from that. Im going to try and drink tons of water in a desperate bid to clear the remaining spots. Stll using Bp on individual spots.

DAY 33

Skin peeling right now. Sooo annoying, but worth it if it makes my spots go away :doubt: . Ive got one of TWO (count 'em) of those really annoying 'lip spots'. You know the ones- the ones that are like, right on your lip, and they are so painful and no amount of Bp seems to dry them out!

Anyway sorry I haven't been replying latley, life has been a bit tough of late. (illness in family, death of best friends dad, important exams,ect.) yeah, I know, don't even ask. Don't worry, the illness isn't serious, it's just thateverthing seems to have come BAM at once. Anyway i'll shut up for now!

DAY 34

Still on the whole regimen thing. Spots are seeming to dry up, but for every one I takle, another one pops up out of nowhere! I don't understand it.. I have been eating healthy and everything!

DAY 37

Ill today. Stayed off school and lay in bed all day. Havent looked at skin much but there is a spot on mt lip that is really sore. And I mean sore.

DAY 38

Feeling a lot better today! I've made a very big descision. I'm deciding to go back on the regimen- and I mean fully back on it- whole face. It's mostly because even though dabbing Bp on the occasional spot does work, I keep breaking out in other places, and frankly I am fed up. I really dont know why I didn't decide to go back on the regimen untill now! Im using Simple cleansing soap (same as forementioned) and clean and clears dual action, oil free moisturizer. Im still eating healthy and drinking lots of water, so I am hopeful again! :D

aww nobody else has commented in you log, im so happy to be the first :D we even have the same egg :) ... good look on getting clear hun :)