Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

how come

How come you never see a fat/overweight guy/girl with acne? Just skinny people/ people with normal weight! Is it because we acne sufferers have high metabolic systems? So that we digest food quickly and get rid of toxins trough our skin? And overweight people store them in their body? Most overweight people have perfect skin... how is this possible?

I think I have a fast metabolic system, it's very hard for me to gain weight...

What do you think about this?

How come you never see a fat/overweight guy/girl with acne? Just skinny people/ people with normal weight! Is it because we acne sufferers have high metabolic systems? So that we digest food quickly and get rid of toxins trough our skin? And overweight people store them in their body? Most overweight people have perfect skin... how is this possible?

ell that ant true i seee a lot of over weight kids at my school with acne.

Veen,

This has definately been discussed quite a few times. No one is exempt from acne be it 1 pimple in their lifetime or several a day. Unfortunately people can have a variety of skin & hair problems if they have a hormonal/metabolic disorder regardless of their weight. I've seen both underweight and those that are overweight have acne, hirsutism, alopecia, etc so

Yet your theory is an interesting one and is one that has been noted as well. Do those of us that are skinny or underweight with fast metabolisms in general have more acne than others?

Honestly I don't know. We've taken polls and while it seems like there's a greater percentage of us that fall into the underweight category, not everyone answers polls. If it is true though, it may have something to do with our supposed fast metabolisms. That indeed perhaps because we burn off that fat instead of store it, we are underweight. That perhaps instead of burning all of that fat (cholesterol), we actually convert it into steriod hormones and additional inflammatory products. With those events occuring the other steps are possible that can lead us down the acne pathway.

Of course, lets not forget that a percentage of us do have hormonal/metabolic disorders. Usually the classic symptoms would be one that is overweight or extermely muscular, depending on the disorder, but quite a few of us don't fit those classic symptoms. Ultimately though I can't recall coming across a double blinded study that ever bothered to see if acne patients were more so underweight or overweight.

Take care ;)

Thanks for posting this thread, it's not something I've thought about before.

I'm not sure about fast metabilisms, but I have been researching into brain functions that cause the conversion of liver molecules into sugar molecules, and the conversion of fatty acid into energy. But this was related to fatigue, and mercury impairing those brain functions, more their affects on acne.

Also, in future, please use a more descriptive thread title, thanks.

Yeah its very interesting. Im gonna search more about it on these forums and on the internet. Thanks for your replies.

So we have fast metabolisms, how does it work? Whats different with normal metabolisms. Im gonna research when I got the time :)

BTW I was measured today athe the sportsschool and have less than 5% bodyfat! Hmm need to gain some weight! But anyway, does this mean I have low cholesterol also? Because I have so little fat... ANd maybe you can answer this one too: do eggs give you high cholesterol? :)

And secondregent; your right topic title was stupid :P I added a subtitle.

I've wondered this as well. I have seen larger people with acne, but it seems to primarily affect the smaller of us.

If you buy into the whole 'B5' theory - I think it would help explain it. Without B5 your body (supposedly) can not make enough of something or other that is used to break down fats. The fats then end up on your face and in your pores.

Maybe that's why it seems like I can eat ANYTHING I want and not gain weight? :) I dunno :)

Because everyone is different and their is not once cause to acne.

Because everyone is different and their is not once cause to acne.

no shit...

What are you talking about. hahaha I've seen many pimply faced, large people

plus, it seems like the fatter that I'm getting, the more pimples that I"m getting :( It's like a freaking double whammy.