Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcus01

Anyone else get this regimen from Derm.?

ok i went to the derm yesterday and she took one look at me and she said she knew what kind of acne i had. She said that my acne is caused not from oil build up under the pores, but from tiny acne bacteria( duh). Then she took about five minutes to right out all the percriptions,lol. She gave me moccoin antibiotic, benzaclin, Phiosac( doctors use this to wash their hands before surgery), ohh yea retain-A which by the way smells horrible. She said she will see me in 3 months and that if this regimen didnt work we will have to look towards accutane. I just want to know if anyone has had a regimen like this from their Derm. I hope this works b/c accutane is next and i dont want to die,lol

You wont die on accutane lol, I was scared of it to and I did it and Im fine. It does have some side effects but they are bareable and go away when your done. dry skin, bla bla. There are sooooo many horror stories on here but they either arent true, are blown up, or caused by that one congressman whos son commited suicide and he blames accutane. There has been mass studies showing that there are no significant long term side effects and that it does not have a high rate at all of causing depression. Any dermatologist will tell you they have hardly ever had to take someone off of it for whatever reason.

Its funny... I know people that took it and didnt give it a second thought cause they didnt get on here and do research like I did, they just took the perscrption there Doctor told them to like your normally would right.. They never complainted or made a big deal out of it. just took it and let it do its work.

ok i went to the derm yesterday and she took one look at me and she said she knew what kind of acne i had. She said that my acne is caused not from oil build up under the pores, but from tiny acne bacteria( duh). Then she took about five minutes to right out all the percriptions,lol. She gave me moccoin antibiotic, benzaclin, Phiosac( doctors use this to wash their hands before surgery), ohh yea retain-A which by the way smells horrible. She said she will see me in 3 months and that if this regimen didnt work we will have to look towards accutane. I just want to know if anyone has had a regimen like this from their Derm. I hope this works b/c accutane is next and i dont want to die,lol

I used Retain-A with oral tetracycline about 5 years ago and no offense but it didn't do jack crap for me. I know the retain-A smells like crap but it'll probably work for like a little while, then crap out. That's what always happens to me.

I used Retain-A with oral tetracycline about 5 years ago and no offense but it didn't do jack crap for me. I know the retain-A smells like crap but it'll probably work for like a little while, then crap out. That's what always happens to me.

Besides the fact that my derm is exspensive, he really ticks me off! Why? Well lets see during the summer he switched my medicine from minocin to doxcycline, I never had a problem in the sun with minocin but with the doxy i burned really badly, couldn't stay out of the sun with my boys swimming all day long so the idiot derm told me to go off the meds, i did like a fool and fall hit and my face started breaking out now with a cyst every month and it's costly for a shot. I live in the poconos and only one derm in the area. O plus when I saw him I told him my face has become very oily and all he said to me was well there isn't anything we can do for that. Why do I pay this man?

he sounds like a useless derm, get another one, they should talk through any problems with your skin not just say theres nothing we can do about that.

i will not pay for my derm, only the first appointment then its free, but if i had to pay everytime i would not be happy with that

Here's my problem, we have only one derm in my area thanks to living in the poconos, pa!!! I think I'm

going to go to my family doctor and ask him to give me the prescriptions I want, if wouldn't hurt and atleast

he would listen to me he isn't a jackass like my derm