Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Stefy*

Big nodule that is turning purple red and brownish

I have this big nodul, I think it's a nodule because it doesn't look filled....but it's just very hard to the touch, the skin there is very dry and flaking and the colour this moring had changed from red to purple red tending to brown...what can I do, please help...

I'm on accutane but a pretty low dose (30 mg). It is in a very visible point (right under my eye, where my cheeck begins) and I want it to look better for new year's eve, and more than anything not to scar, because if so, this will be very big scar...help...

If it is hard to the touch, hurts and is reddish brown than it is a cyst and you should call your derm immediately, because they do go out of town for New Years, and see if you can get in for an injection. That will take it down quickly. Otherwise these things tend to last a few weeks or months.

* If you can't get in to see your Derm then applying a hot washcloth to the cyst several times a day will soothe it and temporarilly take it down and could possibly bring it to a head depending on what type of acne lesion it is. Put the washcloth under hot water (don't burn face) and gently apply over the area. The cloth will loose heat so keep wetting it and repeating for half an hour or so.

*Don't touch it or pick at it because that will only make it more swollen.

*Lightly/gently apply concealer like Almay Clear Complexion (contains 1% SA) to the nodule without too much pressure to camoflage the brown discoloration.

*Gently pull the flaky skin off of the nodule if it is loose so that the concealer will work.

Thank you very much for your advices! I really appreciated them!

I can't get an ingection, because my derm will never do this, and even if I talk to her now, I will be able only to get an appointment like after a week...

Thanks for the advices and I'll try them out on tomorrow and this evening before bed...but I've heard that ice is helpful in these cases...so warm things or icy things? Maybe they are both very helpful....

thanks again,

Stefy

They both work so you can try either a warm compress or ice or both and see which one feels the best. If you use ice don't press the ice into the cyst. You can wrap several ice cubes into a dish towel or washcloth and apply it.

Let us know.

I have this big nodul, I think it's a nodule because it doesn't look filled....but it's just very hard to the touch, the skin there is very dry and flaking and the colour this moring had changed from red to purple red tending to brown...what can I do, please help...

I'm on accutane but a pretty low dose (30 mg). It is in a very visible point (right under my eye, where my cheeck begins) and I want it to look better for new year's eve, and more than anything not to scar, because if so, this will be very big scar...help...

I've got the same thing on my chin, right near my jawline, so i literally feel your pain!! I've had it for several weeks now and it is so distressing. I won't do cyst injections anymore because I had an area that was injected sink in and stay that way for several months- it was worse than the bump!!!

My experience with these things is that, if you can just avoid picking at and and overdoing the acne meds ( which usually make mine flaky, red and then, are even harder to cover up) they will actually go away quicker....i've never tried ice, but my daughter sometimes does and she says it helps...

Do see you derm if it continues to change to funny colors tho, as it might be getting infected...mine has just generally stayed reddish...i've decided, tho, that if it's still there on thursday, i might get the derm to look at it a possible drain it.....yick..

Anyway, good luck with that!!!

Thank you Blonddirby for the great advices and thank you birdybird41 for your experience....it's actually going better...2 days ago I was able to slightly pick at it...I actually didn't even picked because it had come to a head and just a very light pressure made things better.

I've applied ice,a and it does help with both reddness and swelling...now it's fine...it's still there but not so swollen and red, and I can cover it with make up...it's just a bit hard to the touch.

Thanks again to the both of you!!! And birdybird41, I wish you the best too ;):angel:

Stefy