Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnmslimshdy

tazorac 0.05% gel and clindagel

hey first post here, just been browsing this site and seeing all the diff prescriptions everyone when i first went to my derm i had mild acne although i would break out sometimes on my jawline area. for the first couple months i used clindamycin twice a day and doxycycline pills once a day. after two months my skin appeared to become better when i went back for my check up. he then gave me differin and i thought after a while i would be gettin the initial breakout, but turns out i broke out and never quit got used to it, i was using it every night and my acne would just be getting worse. after another two months of using that crap he put me on tazorac 0.05% gel and im currently on my 18th day of using it, im tryin to be optimistic here and say i just finished the breakout phase cause the first few days i was beng irritated like crazy. i had to wash it off the second and third day but my skin eventually got used to it. however, i do not use moisturizer at night because im afraid itll wear out the effects of the tazorac. i just broke out around my jawline this week and hopefully itll clear up, but i need to hear what other people hafta say about tazorac. im wondering if i should stick with it, i know it hasnt even been 3 weeks yet, but this looks a lot like when i was on differin when it didnt do anything for me, also im wondering if 100 mg of doxycycline is enough or if i should even be takin it. i have my appt with my derm in a little over a week and iono what he'll gimme if this isn't improving by then. so just respond with your uses of tazorac and clindamycin please, thank you.