Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ricelover12

Vasiline to moisterize after BP?

I started moisterizing unknowingly with a lotion containing mineral oil, and a couple of days ago, my skin was extremely dry, red, itchy the lot. I stopped using it, and now I'm using vasiline to moisterize my dry skin after BP because it stretches my skin and it hurts so much I can barely smile!

Is vasiline OK to use after BP?

EDIT: OK NO VASILINE ANYMORE! :)

Thank you for the help! :)

I've stopped applying vasiline. It was a quick-fix solution; I don't have the recommended moisterizers at home.

Until I buy the recommended products, what should I moisterize with?

I only have TWO moisterizer left at home: "Johnsons Baby oil' and "PRO COLLAGENE"

Johnson also contains mineral oil, which is a bad mix with BP, right?

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Johnson_s_Baby_Oil__Review_5303850

And I'm not sure about "PRO COLLAGENE". It reads: "Transdermal Marine Collagen 100% Natural. Contains NO preservatives, colours, or scents."

Should I go with the collagene?

Any homemade emergency moisterizer I could use? I'm not sure I can reduce the tightness of the skin by splashing warm water all the time ... :(

Stay away from vaseline! That contains too many clogging ingridients, there are plenty of moisturizers that will help you out.

Thank you for the help! :)

I've stopped applying vasiline. It was a quick-fix solution; I don't have the recommended moisterizers at home.

Until I buy the recommended products, what should I moisterize with?

I only have one moisterizer left at home: Johnsons Baby oil.

This website says it also contains mineral oil, which is a bad mix with BP, right?

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Johnson_s_Baby_Oil__Review_5303850

Any homemade emergency moisterizer I could use? I'm not sure I can reduce the tightness of the skin by splashing warm water all the time ... :(

Guest blackheadben

I'm almost positive Vaseline is very pore-clogging.

Check out the recommended products list and try to find one of those moisturizers.

http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=1&anchor=browse#browse

actually, petrolatum (which is what petroleum jelly [vaseline] is made from) is not pore clogging. yes, it is an oil, however, it just sits on the skin and does not absorb into the pore to clog it. i have used vaseline as a night moisturizer for weeks before and it doesn't break me out. just way too shiny to use during the day:) !!

Arghhhh, splashing your face with water will just make it even dryer, and especially warm water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!