Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
puddlemonkey

Locating Lanolin free products in the UK

Thought I'd let you all know the success I had when I changed to lanolin free products. I'm in my late 20s and have suffered from bad spots for over a decade. I have never been to the doctors for treatment after various creams and meds ruined my sister's kidneys and thinned her skin. I have always had very dry skin, hair, and scalp, eczema and psoriasis, so many spot products use to aggrivate this problem. The spots have never really bothered me, the only exceptions are that I feel work colleagues treat me as a child because I have teenager skin, and the cysts were very painful.

So, about 6 months ago I decided to do something about it when the spots spread to my neck. I came here and read about certain products blocking pores. I bought the Oil of Olay 7x for blemished skin which doesn't blcok pores. I also bought some jojoba oil. After about a month I noticed a change when I stopped developing cycts, and I haven't had one in 6 months. Larger spots stopped appearing, and now I only suffer from very small ones which appear on my cheeks and disappear in a couple of days (as opposed to the month long spots I use to have). The blemishes left from previous breakouts are also starting to fade.

Other than this I normally use the Pure Zone or T-gel cleanser in a morning, and their face scrubs on a night which I pop on one of those Boots round scuber pads. Before I use the SA stuff I have a scrub with the St. Ives scrub for blemished skin (have since realised that this has lanolin in and may be the cause of the small spots). I also use Max Factor hypersmooth foundation which doesn't block pores. I changed to this from a previous foundation by Bourgeouis which I think may have been aggravating the problem.

I have found that many products in the shops contain lanolin so have swapped to buying lanolin free products over the internet. I have found these companies to be good:

http://neph-aromatics.co.uk/carriers.php

Sells aromatherapy goods at very cheap prices. Their carrier oils don't smell like some others and their bottles don't leak. Their own creams for the face are lanolin free and I have found these to also be very good.

http://www.discountvitaminsandherbs.com/

Can get Desert Essence, Jason Naturals, Weleda, and Burts Bees from here at cheaper prices than elsewhere.

Currently giving this place a try: http://www.auravita.com/

As they sell the Dead Sea Spa Magik collection

I hope this info is of some use to you all.