Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlie Chalk

I'm finished with acne...finally!!!

I stopped posting on my log some time ago because I don't have internet access were I currently live and because I just haven't been bothered since I am now acne free.

I just thought I would make a post about it the amazing success I have had with Dan's regimen, I can't believe I was so scared to try it before. I have been on the regimen about 3-4 months now and I'm done with acne, except the odd zit every month or so. Seven years of this crap and I'm finally got rid of it for good and without the help of nasty tablets (B5 did work for me but was too exspensive and I wasn't fond of popping that amount of pills). Slowly my hyperpigmentation has been going away and so has my scarring, all thanks to Dan and this forum!!!!!!

This summer I was feeling really really bad because I had run out of B5 and couldn't afford it any more as a poor student, and I broke out like crazy, I was back at square one after being acne free for some months. More hyperpigmentation, more scars and much much more acne. Years of acne also battered alot of my self confidence, I used to use concealer to hide my acne, which made me feel horrible and even more self consciess as I am a guy and as we all know it is not normal practice for a guy to use make up. Every time I met a girl when going out I would avoid meeting her outside the comforts of the dimmed lights of the pub or club I had met her. At one point I started not showing up at school and avoiding people's company because I felt so bad about myself.

Oh, the amount of times I asked what I had done to deserve such misfortune.

All that stuff is behind me now though thanks to the regimen. I do whatever I want now without having to think about how my face looks, I can talk to people properly without having to worry about them studying my face and I have a beatiful girlfriend which any guy would die for. Now I'm just trying to look at what's ahead and not linger on all the years I lost as a teenager due to my problem with acne.

Thanks Dan (you are a living saint) and thanks to the people on the forum of whom I've converced with (especially those who put me on to Alpha hydroxy's enhanced lotion)

Charlie Chalk aka Anno

What is the alpha hydroxy enhanced lotion? if anyone could private message me this just in case i forget to look back i would greatly appreciate it!

and congrats on your success!!!

It's glycolic acid. I use it before applying the BP gel. Great for speeding up the healing of red marks and shallow scars.

I would've posted before and after pics, but I don't have any.

I stopped posting on my log some time ago because I don't have internet access were I currently live and because I just haven't been bothered since I am now acne free.

I just thought I would make a post about it the amazing success I have had with Dan's regimen, I can't believe I was so scared to try it before. I have been on the regimen about 3-4 months now and I'm done with acne, except the odd zit every month or so. Seven years of this crap and I'm finally got rid of it for good and without the help of nasty tablets (B5 did work for me but was too exspensive and I wasn't fond of popping that amount of pills). Slowly my hyperpigmentation has been going away and so has my scarring, all thanks to Dan and this forum!!!!!!

This summer I was feeling really really bad because I had run out of B5 and couldn't afford it any more as a poor student, and I broke out like crazy, I was back at square one after being acne free for some months. More hyperpigmentation, more scars and much much more acne. Years of acne also battered alot of my self confidence, I used to use concealer to hide my acne, which made me feel horrible and even more self consciess as I am a guy and as we all know it is not normal practice for a guy to use make up. Every time I met a girl when going out I would avoid meeting her outside the comforts of the dimmed lights of the pub or club I had met her. At one point I started not showing up at school and avoiding people's company because I felt so bad about myself.

Oh, the amount of times I asked what I had done to deserve such misfortune.

All that stuff is behind me now though thanks to the regimen. I do whatever I want now without having to think about how my face looks, I can talk to people properly without having to worry about them studying my face and I have a beatiful girlfriend which any guy would die for. Now I'm just trying to look at what's ahead and not linger on all the years I lost as a teenager due to my problem with acne.

Thanks Dan (you are a living saint) and thanks to the people on the forum of whom I've converced with (especially those who put me on to Alpha hydroxy's enhanced lotion)

Charlie Chalk aka Anno

Hey Charlie Chalk, glad to hear you were so successful with the regimen! I live in England aswell and am having trouble finding an AHA lotion, which one do you use? Also have you got any other recomendations on products that are avilable in England that are good with the regimen?

Thanks for your help! :)

Janiet: I ordered my AHA enhanced Lotion from drugstore.com, I don't know if there are any similar products one can find in the UK.

I'll try and get some pics up..I don't have a camera to take any prope pictures with, but i do have a recent Black and white pass photo I could put up....but I do't know how to do it...anyone help with that?

Skin is still ust getting bette and better, most of the scar I have are completely gone, jus a bit rough in areas and my red marks are soon none existent