Notifications
Clear all

Fresh aloe vera gel for acne flare ups!

MemberMember
(@daanzell)

Posted : 12/28/2005 9:25 pm

Hey guys,

My grandmother gave me a few leaves of Aloe Vera from her small patch and said that it would help with inflammation and redness of acne. Last night I squeezed some fresh gel from the aloe vera leaves and applied it onto some affected acne areas and left it on for about half an hour to an hour. I have researched and found that Aloe Vera dramatically helps in reducing inflammation and speeds up healing time of the skin by heaps! At times it felt a little irritating and itchy, but I thought it would've been working, probably killing off some acne bacteria. So I went to wash my face before bed, and as I am a regular user of Differin gel, I applied differin.

But when I woke up this morning, unusually, the pimples had shrunk and dried out quite a bit. Usually I don't see this result as quick with the differin gel. I honestly think that the Aloe Vera gel really helped out.

Since its full of natural enzymes and minerals, I think it's great for troubled skin, especially acne, as it reduces inflammation and reduces healing time of the skin. You can take aloe vera internally as well, aloe vera juice is sold at health food stores and even some pharmacies.

I urge you guys to give it a try. If you don't have any aloe vera plants or don't know anyone that does, ask your neighbour, or even go to a health food store or pharmacy to find some. It's really great stuff for acne !

Good luck!

Here's some pictures of what the plant looks like :

[Removed images

Here's wat the gel inside the plant looks like(You can just squeeze it for it to be more runny)

[Removed image]

MemberMember
(@drea)

Posted : 12/29/2005 12:29 am

so does anyone know if the aloe vera in a bottle is better or worse than the actual plant? i got a little bottle of aloe for like 99cents but I know where to buy the actual leaves at a local market.

MemberMember
(@daanzell)

Posted : 12/29/2005 2:03 am

so does anyone know if the aloe vera in a bottle is better or worse than the actual plant? i got a little bottle of aloe for like 99cents but I know where to buy the actual leaves at a local market.

the gel from the plant is better because it is fresh and hasn't lost any vital enzymes etc. the aloe vera in a bottle would be less effective and not as potent. I would recommend u buy the fresh leaves from your local market and squeeze out the gel and apply it on affected areas.

MemberMember
(@seattlegirl)

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:18 am

the fresh aloe vera from the leaves are better, but I love using Aloe Vera gel as a hand and body moisturizer too (alot of people say it makes their ksin dry out, for some reason it works GREAT as a moisturizer for me), so I just buy the big bottle of it from Target. I also use it as a moisturizer on my face and I love it.

The kind in the bottle helps, but the plant is quite a bit better.

MemberMember
(@shirt)

Posted : 01/04/2006 3:16 am

can u buy aloe vera plants from health food stores. Can u buy the seeds?

How do you have aloe vera leaves just sitting around at home??

MemberMember
(@acneisenemy)

Posted : 01/04/2006 3:23 am

How do you have aloe vera leaves just sitting around at home??

aloe vera is a common plant.. Infact I have that plant.. so I have the leaves "sitting around at home" as well.. it really is nice to have incase of burn "emergencies".. hmm I think I'll try it on my acne..

MemberMember
(@shirt)

Posted : 01/05/2006 4:12 am

so you can buy the aloe vera plant at any gardening store??

MemberMember
(@theegrace)

Posted : 12/14/2015 2:00 pm

I'm about to buy a plant on eBay. I know sounds odd but she had perfect review record.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/14/2015 2:45 pm

44 minutes ago, TheeGrace said:

I'm about to buy a plant on eBay. I know sounds odd but she had perfect review record.

Won't the plant you know die? lol Cause eBay sometimes takes forever.

And aloe vera rocks !! YEAH

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 12/14/2015 5:47 pm

YASSSSS ALOE VERA!! I LOVE ALOE VERA!! Works better for my scars than any retinoid I've used!

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:13 pm

Yeah, I've been using it as a moisturizer for a long time. Natural is always better.

It seems to go well with acne.org benzoyl peroxide. Their moisturizer didn't help me at all.

I use Lily of the Desert.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/15/2015 1:36 pm

22 minutes ago, TheNatural said:

Yeah, I've been using it as a moisturizer for a long time. Natural is always better.

It seems to go well with acne.org benzoyl peroxide. Their moisturizer didn't help me at all.

I use Lily of the Desert.

What brand of aloe vera gel? Or you use the fresh one? Because I really want to switch moisturizers from the acne.org one.

MemberMember
(@theegrace)

Posted : 12/16/2015 12:43 pm

On December 14, 2015 at 233 PM, oyinkan98 said:

Won't the plant you know die? lol Cause eBay sometimes takes forever.

And aloe vera rocks !! YEAH

Yeah it could but she had 100% feedback and digs them up right before sending them. So I hope the plants are okay.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 12/16/2015 1:34 pm

23 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

What brand of aloe vera gel? Or you use the fresh one? Because I really want to switch moisturizers from the acne.org one.

The brand is Lily of the Desert.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/16/2015 3:37 pm

On December 14, 2015 at 242 PM, TheeGrace said:

Omg, I want the plant too then.!

MemberMember
(@theegrace)

Posted : 12/17/2015 6:20 pm

Look it up on eBay. 2-3 plants for $9, free shipping, and the plants are from Arizona. Mine should be here soon:)

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/17/2015 6:53 pm

33 minutes ago, TheeGrace said:

Look it up on eBay. 2-3 plants for $9, free shipping, and the plants are from Arizona. Mine should be here soon:)

If they're dead, can you let me know? lol

MemberMember
(@theegrace)

Posted : 12/20/2015 5:33 pm

They were in good shape and came withy instructions. Andd it was cold in MI when they came in the mail. praise God they weren't frozen. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/20/2015 5:50 pm

16 minutes ago, TheeGrace said:

They were in good shape and came withy instructions. Andd it was cold in MI when they came in the mail. praise God they weren't frozen. 

image.jpeg

Wow that's really cool, thanks for letting me know. 🙂

MemberMember
(@theegrace)

Posted : 12/21/2015 2:50 pm

20 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

Wow that's really cool, thanks for letting me know. 🙂

No problem. No bad for $9:) hope they grow quick.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)
MemberMember
(@sophia-s)

Posted : 07/06/2018 11:33 pm

On 12/16/2015 at 1:34 PM, TheNatural said:

The brand is Lily of the Desert.

Lily of the dessert is the best aloe vera brand imo. They've tested their aloe vera in various clinical studies proving that it has the broadest range of Polysaccharides (46% more than the next leading brand).

Aloe polysaccharides are the main naturally occurring active constituent in aloe vera.