Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elledee

when do accutane side effects start?

I'm on my third day of Accutane. When did side effects start for people? I've been moisturizing like hell to hopefully stay ahead of the dryness, but I'm curious as to when the dryness, chapped lips and other things happened for people. Thanks!

Guest tenshigirl25

I'm on my third day of Accutane. When did side effects start for people? I've been moisturizing like hell to hopefully stay ahead of the dryness, but I'm curious as to when the dryness, chapped lips and other things happened for people. Thanks!

well for me i was really impatient too and i didnt think it would work..i think after 2 weeks u feel something happening..but after 3 weeks i had the dry lips which got progressively worse. it also depends on your dosage, i was on 40mg a day for the first 3 months. after 3 months it should be really good results..after that u just let it do its thing..i take a vitamin e. sometimes its good not to moisturise too much, because u want to get dry.

Chapped lips: by the end of the 1st week

Dry Skin/Eczema flare-up: Beginning of second week

Nosebleeds: By the end of the second week

Muscle/Joint Achiness: Around week 3

Non-oily hair: within 3 weeks

*80 mgs for first 2 months

*Now on 120 mgs (ending 3rd month)

And unfortunately, after 3 months, I've only seen a slightimprovement in skin. :(