Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaron98

Oatmeal

I think that it would be cooked the same. Do you cook porridge by adding 1 cup oats with 2 cups water (or how ever munch you want to make) cook for about 10 min. I use water, never tryed milk but I guess you could. I like it with OJ about 1 cup oats and 1 cup OJ put it in the refrigerator over night, add nuts and outer good things to it mmmm its so good

yeh the box says 2 cups milk or water to 1 cup of oats.

so thats oatmeal.....ok. thanxs for your help Olive Leaf

oatmeal is EXTREMELY NUTRITIOUS !!! :D

A GREAT SOURCE OF WATER- SOLUBLE FIBERS !!!

and it makes u feel full of a long period of time :)

u can also add milk ... dried fruits raisins ...

cinnamon ... vanilla ... etc ;-)

it's delicous actually :clap:

Can anyone please tell me what oatmeal is?

oh.....its not the same as porridge is it?

Its good for about 2 bites then you're totally sick of the crap. Amazingly enough, the brain has a short term memory that forgets by the time you want to eat it again, so you make it, take 2 bites and then "CRAP, not again!"

Oatmeal are whole grain oats, which are in the wheat family. They are high in carbs like most bready type things but they have a good amount of fiber- something everybody needs. Almost everybody will say that oatmeal is good for you, but if you happen to have a gluten sensitivity then you shouldn't consume too much, as oatmeal is processed with wheat products that do contain gluten- meaning the gluten would be on the oatmeal. But whatever, oatmeal is fine if you like it, I do. :) Hope this helps

no. no it dosen't.

it does in a way, kinda. porridge seems more white and not as lumpy....i can't really remember.

but it dosent look like that........anybody else know?

hum I thought that I heard that porridg and oatmeal are the same thing guess not, sorry I tolled you wrong :doh: so is this what porridg looks like?

IPB Image

You take whole, hulled, hulled/rolled or hulled/rolled/parcooked oats and you simmer them in liquid at a ratio according to the packaging (usually 2-3:1 liquid:oats)

You take whole, hulled, hulled/rolled or hulled/rolled/parcooked oats and you simmer them in liquid at a ratio according to the packaging (usually 2-3:1 liquid:oats)

I dunno if i reccomend oatmeal, i use to eat it but but it contains phytic acid that can bind to many vit and minerals preventing absorbtion of calcium and many other importnant nutrients to the body beware

Blaming Phytic acid for malnutrition is about as intelligent as... hmm... actually I can't think of anything that's quite dumb enough to compair.

I dunno if i reccomend oatmeal, i use to eat it but but it contains phytic acid that can bind to many vit and minerals preventing absorbtion of calcium and many other importnant nutrients to the body beware

This is true ...

OATMEAL, other grains and soybeans do contain phytic acid.

Concerns around phytic acid come from its ability to bind to minerals and lower their absorption.

Therefore, some people question the extent to which ingesting phytic acid in

whole grains can negatively impact the absorption of important dietary minerals,

such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and chromium.

Researchers have suggested that in areas of the world where the diet is

highly focused on grains, to the exclusion of other foods, phytic acid may be

responsible for the prevalence of mineral deficiencies.

Yet, while phytic acid may reduce mineral absorption, the amount to which it can

really have a negative impact, given a well balanced diet that does NOT

exclusively focus on grains and soybeans, is questionable.

For most people, healthcare practitioners would NOT advise that individuals

reduce their intake of whole grains because of its phytic acid content.

In addition, phytic acid has NUMEROUS health benefits. :D

These include it being a well-known antioxidant, able to scavenge free

radicals that may cause oxidative damage to the body’s cells.

therefore, go ahead and eat ur OATMEAL ... for those who enjoy it :D

one thing that bothers me is people dont eat something because it inhibits something else. just eat it at a time when your body has already absorbed those nutrients that such products inhibit. plus you dont have to eat oatmill everyday. most reason why they want you to eat whole grains in america is because we are pigs that eat fast food and need that crap digested asap. most people on here are eating healthy because we have to for clear skin so we dont need high fiber in grains because we get it in smaller amounts in fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts, and seeds which alot of americans dont eat