Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so we all know that acne SUCKS. mine was pretty bad when I was using Murad. But about 2 weeks ago I started just using regular bar soap, benzoyl peroxide cream, and moisturizer. It worked sooo great. My face was so clear. Then of course, it started breaking out again. I'm still using the same stuff (soap, BP, moisturizer) but its not doing the same job as it did when i first started using it.

I'm on school vacation right now, and I go back to school in 6 days. I really, really, REALLY want do make an improvement on my skin. I'm not asking for it to be completely clear, but I want it so it just doesn't look as crappy. I hate waking up every morning because I go straight to the mirror and I'm greeted by nasty red bumps, pimples, cysts, dry skin, and just nastiness. I hate it. So.. I really need your help. What products can I use to help my face clear up? I have moderate acne. Help me come up with a regimen/skin-care routine, or just give me any tips & such. Here's a list of all the products I have in my house right now, because I'm not sure if i can go out to buy new ones.

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

C&C blackhead clearing scrub

C&C Continuous Control acne cleanser

Cetaphil cleanser

Lancome moisturizer

regular bar soap

5% (i think?) Benzoyl Peroxide

The full Murad kit that doesn't work too well...

--in the kit I also have the mask that comes with it.

I'm pretty sure that's it. PLEASE help me though. I'm so desperate and I hate my face more than anything.

have u read the instructions of the regimen?

i mean, do u wash ur face not more than 2 times a day

? or maybe youre applying a lot of products at the same time?

are u sure ur not allergic to any of them?

ok i feel like a mom lol ...well

which bp brand are u using? clearasil, oxy or dan's

if u think any of this is not related, its pretty common to break up when u just started, how long have u been in the regimen?

have u read the instructions of the regimen?

i mean, do u wash ur face not more than 2 times a day

? or maybe youre applying a lot of products at the same time?

are u sure ur not allergic to any of them?

ok i feel like a mom lol ...well

which bp brand are u using? clearasil, oxy or dan's

if u think any of this is not related, its pretty common to break up when u just started, how long have u been in the regimen?

i've used dan's regimen before but i didn't like it. i dont have any of those products in my house anyway.

i wash my face twice a day, and if i wear makeup i wash my face with cetaphil to take the makeup off.

im not allergic to any of the products

and the brand of BP i'm using is Mary Kay.

so u started it, then u quit? or what? then u started it again and now u break up? am i rite?

no, I used dan's regimen a LONG time ago & it didn't work for me, even though i used it for a long time. I used his regimen like last summer lol.

but the "regimen" i'm using now (soap, BP, and moisturizer) worked for a while but then it stopped working. I'm still using it though but I really want something that works...

FROM THE LIST YOU PUT I WOULD SAY DO THIS TWICE A DAY:

1. C&C CONTINUOUS CONT CLEANSER

2. A GOOD AMOUNT OF BENZOIL PEROXIDE CREAM

3.MOISTURIZE

WHEN YOU WASH UR FACE MAKE SURE TO TAKE UR TIME

AND DONT RUSH IT. BE GENTEL...GOOD LUCK.

I agree with the above for the most part, but I would change the second time you wash your face use the C&C blackhead clearing scrub because it has salicylic acid in it and will help exfoliate as well, so you're not JUST using benzoyl peroxide as your treatment.

Guest tenshigirl25

I agree with the above for the most part, but I would change the second time you wash your face use the C&C blackhead clearing scrub because it has salicylic acid in it and will help exfoliate as well, so you're not JUST using benzoyl peroxide as your treatment.

i would change the cleanser..im in australia so i dont know about your selection but i use a clear non-fragranced cleanser that is gentle...then u could use a BP..2.5%?...and then cetaphil lotion. im not really a fan of BP because it does lose it's effectiveness after a while. Maybe u need to work on the inside too..flaxseed oil, zinc etc..

i would change the cleanser..im in australia so i dont know about your selection but i use a clear non-fragranced cleanser that is gentle...then u could use a BP..2.5%?...and then cetaphil lotion. im not really a fan of BP because it does lose it's effectiveness after a while. Maybe u need to work on the inside too..flaxseed oil, zinc etc..

HER SELECTION IS WHAT SHE LISTED.... SHE WANTS RESULTS IN 6 DAYS SO

ZINC AND/OR FLAXSEED WONT HELP IN THIS CASE....

Guest tenshigirl25

HER SELECTION IS WHAT SHE LISTED.... SHE WANTS RESULTS IN 6 DAYS SO

ZINC AND/OR FLAXSEED WONT HELP IN THIS CASE....

well considering thse products are getting her nowhere, i think she needs to take a different approach. or u can go ahead and keep using these products and remain the same as u are...in my case, the more crap i put on my face the worse it got..a simple cleanser like dove beauty bar for gentle skin is about $2..it works fine.

well considering thse products are getting her nowhere, i think she needs to take a different approach. or u can go ahead and keep using these products and remain the same as u are...in my case, the more crap i put on my face the worse it got..a simple cleanser like dove beauty bar for gentle skin is about $2..it works fine.

I AGREE.. BUT SHE SAID SHE PROB CANT GO BUY NEW PRODUCTS.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

The truth of the matter is you're not going to see that muchg improvement in six days, no matter what you use. Acne is never vastly improved in that amount of time. I'd suggest that you dump the regimens that aren't working for you, and take up a new one.

Maybe you could use Tea Tree Oil instead of Bezoyl Peroxide. Maybe switch to a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil.

OK EVERYONE: thanks for your replies. they helped a lot.

i came up with a new regimen... does this sound good?

morning -

wash with C&C continuous control

tea tree oil

lancome moisturizer

night -

wash with C&C blackhead clearing scrub

benzoyl peroxide

C&C dual action moisturizer

and I'm also going to buy Neutrogena skin-clearing makeup so when i wear makeup, it wont make me break out even more. and im also going to try to wear as little makeup as possible, and wash it off when i'm just at home. sound good or not?!

Thats too much....it will not help..only hurt.

Do you pop pimples? If you do then try this regimen.

Morning:

Wash face with Cetaphil

Moisturize

Night time the pimples should be at a head and you can pop easily. After you pop...DONT wash your face. Just dab them with water and put on some ointment.

If you wear makeup, then only wash your face at night. You can moisturize if you want. Then in the morning, just dab some excess oil with a tissue. Dont wash your face until the next night.

Thats it. Only wash your face once a day. Pimples will decrease in size and number in a week.

To the previous poster: If you really have acne, just washing your face with a gentle cleanser and popping everything will NOT clear you up! There's just no way.

I agree that the regimine that you posted that you decided to try might be a little too harsh, but it sounds like a good start. I would maybe try doing something like using the tea tree oil OR the benzoyl peroxide, not both, and using a medicated wash only once a day (while using a gentle wash if you decide to wash a second time) (maybe switch off using the two medicated cleansers). Or in some other way try to use fewer things, you will kill your skin with all that.

Sounds like you're getting a good start though, hope things work out for you!

Two words: ASPIRIN MASK

I've only been using one for a couple of days to clear up for new year's, but they work so well! Buy some cheap uncoated aspirin, crush up 8-10 and mix the powder with a bit of water to make a paste. Then after you've washed and dried your face, apply the paste as a mask and let it sit and dry for 30min to an hour. Then gently rinse it off (some people like to exfoliate by rubbing in small circles), dry your face and apply tons of BP cream, esp. to problem areas. I find the best way to apply large amounts of BP is to apply, then wait 10min or so til it dries then apply again. The aspirin mask should dramatically reduce redness and bring deeper pimples to the surface; thats what it did for me. It also leaves your skin feeling really smooth and your pores feeling a lot tighter. If you don't react adversley to the mask, I'd recommend doing it every night before you go to bed. Do a google search or search these msg boards for "aspirin mask" for more info. The reason it works is because aspirin is actually a beta hydroxy acid, and is a derivative of salicyclic acid. Good luck.

DONT DARE TO USE ASPIRIN MASK EVERYDAY! YOU'LL DRY YOUR SKIN OUT!!!!

u can use it once a week tho =) and the scrub thing, once a week too

that may help

keep going!

Giving yourself six days is setting yourself up for disappointment. Acne takes time to get under control. Your skin has to adjust to whatever you're doing to it and that takes time. Everyone's skin is different and everyone reacts to methods differently. Just because something works for one person doesn't mean it will work for you. You'll need time to find out by trial and error what will work for you. 6 days to improve your skin is like hoping they find a cure for cancer in that time.

STOP STOP STOP!

Don't do anything different from the regimen you were using when you first started this topic!

If you switch now, you will only irritate your face and make it much worse. Keep on the same system- there probably won't be any drastic improvements, but it won't screw you over either. TRUST ME, I'm saying this with experience.