Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whyteout

Honey and Cinnamon

This sounds promising. I'm going to try this tonight and keep on for a week and if I see no difference, I'll stop. But I'm actually confident this might work because I attempted the egg white, cinnamon, and honey mask last night and it was aweeesome. So I think this'll work. So, all I'm going to do is mix them and use it for a week. Can't wait to see the difference.

Hi..Just tried Cinnamon and Honey last night...not sure if it worked... my face is all red and I feel horrible today...

Not sure if I didnt do something right or if Cinnamon is just not meant for me..!!

I created a paste of Cinnamon and Honey and dabbed it over the pus filled acne and some dying acne...kept it on for half n hr... wiped it with a wet tissue and slept... and definately not happy with the results this morning... any suggestions?? Did the cinnamon not work for me? Should I try it again?

people it works! honey 4drops enough! sleep straight. which is even a correct posture to sleep!

my acne got reduced drastically after applying cinnamon and honey during the night.

i wish you all try :angel:

Good luck friends! :pray:

I got my face all dried up after using BP. So, out of frustration I totally stopped using BP and from the last 1 week I am using a cinnamon/honey mask at night. I didnt really believe at first that this was going to work but surprisingly it did reduce the inflamations on my face. My acne seems a lot smaller and the cysts that I had from around a month on my cheeks finally came to a head. I guess there is something in the honey which brought the stubborn cysts on my face to a head. I am hoping now they will clear up soon.

I mixed 1 teaspoon honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder. I keep the mask on overnight. It is a very messy procedure and you will need to sleep on a towel to keep the honey from getting all over the sheets. But somehow it seems to be working for me. My face is not dry now as it was while I was using BP and my acne is a little better. Let me try for a few more days and I will post my update if there is anymore progress.

I take a q tip and dip it in my Gunters all natural honey and apply it to my pimples and it looks like it reduces the size. I don't know if I am going to try the cinnamon. I am trying though to start thinking about a more natural way to deal with acne. I'm waiting for my desert essence blemish stick and really looking foward to see how it works for me until then I'm using honey for spot treatments.

I have been using this mixture for several months as a mask (don't leave it on over night.) BE CAREFUL about how much cinnamon you use!! It can irritate and make your skin bright red for a while! I know, there must always be 2x as much honey or be ready for blotchy red and itchy. It works really well,just be patient. Also The reason it may not be working for some of those leaving it on all night is because you may be sweating at night without knowing when you wake up and the sweat gets trapped under your mixture and forms/adds to your existing zit.

Edited by ThePaperBagPrincess

if you are going to use it on your face you must use raw honey though, just a heads up. When regular clear honey is heated up it looses the anibacterial properties basically leaving it useless.

There are natural cures for every existing disease out there my friend. You just dont hear of them often because the fda tries as hard as it can to keep them unknown. Cause if all people have to do to cure themselves of disease is go to the grocery store, what happens to the profits of the big pharmaceutical companies? Its all about the money.....

Why on earth would you heat it up? I don't, it makes it more runny. And I use pasturized...and I have had great results.

it all comes down to the right consistancy of the paste...I've been using it for almost a week and it's worknig really well!!!

I used this combo all over my face because I have bumps/blemishes ALL OVER my face. It burned my face. As soon as I put it on, my face turned beet red. I washed it off and tried soothing it with aloe and applying the aloe actually made it feel worse because my skin was freaking out so bad. I was only able to calm it by using a Chinese calming cream I had gotten from a holistic Dr. A while back. So I guess it should be used with caution, maybe a spot test.

I've had great results using manuka honey UMF 15, it's meant to be much more potent than normal honey, but is quite expensive. Since using it my skin is very soft and the red marks are fading. However, I've been getting some break outs on my chin where I don't normally get them. I had a bunch of small, fleshy bumps there before so I'm wondering if, when the honey draws impurities out, if it's bringing these blockages to the surface, where they're getting inflamed? Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

I use the manuka honey mixed with cinnamon a few times a week as a face mask (the manuka honey I have seems to drip less!) and also as a spot treatment.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that honey, as a sugar, actually suppresses the immune system.

I doubt decent quality honey would suppress your immune system, considering that it is rich in antibodies, etc. Yeah, lots of sugar is bad for you, but honey has been used for a VERY long time in ancient medicine in all areas of the world where bees live. If it wasn't good for you, I'm sure someone would have figured it out, and honey as medicine would have been a more isolated event. Ironically, I think I heard something one time about the cinnamon-honey combo actually stabilizing blood sugar when taken in the morning or something. Don't take my word on that or anything, I just thought that one was a little paradoxical.

So, any specific type of honey/cinnamon I should get? Or just go for preferably an organic one?

Guys you have to know that teh cinnamin you buy in stores isnt really cinammin but something else that is very similair. Read the entire bottle before buying to make sure it indeed is cinnamin.

I learnt this from the food channel :P

Yo are totally right!! The West sells mainly something known as 'Cassia Bark' Cinnamon and this is basically an imitation of real, true Cinnamon. Real cinnamon can be found largely on the internet if you search for 'buy real cinnamon' or 'Real ceylon cinnamon'. The ceylon bit is important as that is where the real cinnamon grows. Real ceylon cinnamon is a lot more fragrant, richer in its qualities and much crumblier than the immitation version which is very stiff and perfect looking in the way it is rolled. When it comes to cinnamon, imperfection is a good sign of it being the real genuine thing! If anyone needs the powdered version (organic ceylon cinnamon) you can check out my signature xx

this actually works ! before i would drink honey w/ cinnamon n i lost and still am loosing a lot of weight! also the hair loss part helped my grandma ! you guys should try it !

Also if you want smoother skin in one day try applying honey with sugar (as a scrub) on your face and leave it on for about 15-30mins

when you wash it off your skin will be very smooth !

Put it on my red marks last night, waited for it to dry before going to bed, this morning i saw a definite improvement!! :).

I used honey i already had nothing fancy.

I'm not sure I'm going to smear this stuff on my face....but I wanted to highlight the fact that finding TRUE CINNAMON in the USA is pretty damn hard. You gotta go to Wholefoods or the internet and look for "Ceylon Cinnamon".

I honestly believe that Cassia needs to be labeled Cassia. Sprinkling the Indonesian Cassia powder labeled "Cinnamon" at Starbucks ruins my coffee. Its gritty, bitey, and just doesn't go right with coffee.

True Ceylon Cinnamon is fragrant, doesn't bite, adds a heavenly scent and smell to the coffee.....and this is after years of only using Cassia. The 1st time I smelled and used cinnamon in my coffee and food (2 weeks ago!), I was quickly sold - this is why Cinnamon was a prized item in the medeval world. Cassia is not a good substitute.

I just want to say I have had good luck with honey in the past and don't know why I never used it more often. What I like to do is dab a drop on a pimple and cover it with one of those little square band-aids before I go to sleep. They look like this: http://www.amazon.com/Band-Aid-Perfect-Ble...e/dp/B000GAXUQU Walmart sells their own brand if you want ultra convenience.

Providing you don't put anything oily on your skin before bed, these things will stick on your face all night and you don't have to worry about the honey rubbing off or making a mess in your bed. I'm going to try using honey as a daily face topical just to see what happens. It will make my face sticky all day but you can't SEE it which is all that matters to me. I wonder if mixing honey in a little water will help the skin absorb it as well?

Regardless, honey is now and will always be part of my regimen.

This thread is full of hired marketers. Look at the date they registered. Same date as the one when they posted in this thread.

I also heard that manuku honey with a high (Sf?) factor heals red marks also...I want to try it since it's natural and my red marks have already faded with time.

I also heard that manuku honey with a high (Sf?) factor heals red marks also...I want to try it since it's natural and my red marks have already faded with time.

How do you tell if it has high SF factor? My honey is raw (no pasteurization, etc) and homemade by a couple I know. Just used it again last night and by morning the offending areas were drastically better. Honey has proven consistently effective for me.