Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rusch1595

Nucelle + glycolic peels okay?

Hey all, just found this board and it's fantastic! I'm 36 y/o female, who's had acne on and off, mostly on, since the age of 13. This past year or so, I've really been strugging with cystic acne, black heads and very stubborn white heads. I've tried everything over the years, outside of Accutane.

I recently switched to the Nucelle skincare line, and so far I like it. Only been using it a week, but my skin is looking pretty good. Trouble is, I picked at several large whiteheads on my chin last week and now have pretty large red marks on my chin that will likely last for many months. I also have several old red marks on various areas of my face. I'd like to speed up the healing process and add a glycolic peel to the mix. Do you all think it's too much to add the peels along with the mandelic acid from the Nucelle?

From another area on this board, I've also incorporated, just in the last day or two, the egg/lemon mask, baking soda scrub and the apple cider vinegar toner, in an effort to get rid of the recent and old red marks on my face. I'm afraid of adding too much *stuff* to my acne program, but I really want these pimples, red marks and white/black heads to go away ASAP. Any thoughts? BTW, I'm using the 10% mandelic acid serum, not the really high %. Am I doing too much?

Dawn