Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been looking for topical pantothenic acid, but can't really seem to find anything useful. Do you think my skin would absorb it if I just mix the powdered B5 with some non-comedogenic moisterizer? (I know its much more effective to take it orally, but I have my reasons for not doing so...)

Also, I ordered the topical vitamin A from thevitamincure.com and was wondering if it would be effective to use B5 for the first few weeks of using the retinyl to prevent or lessen the initial breakout due to purging...

Let me know what you think.

I do not know how well putting the actual vitamin powder on your face will work, but I know that DHC Skincare has a B vitamin topical cream for problem skin. It is called B Mix Cream and it has B5 as well as the other Bs and it is ment to reduce oil and calm skin damaged by acne. It is $29 dollars for 3 tubes. They also have a vitamin A cream (it says it is for mature skin) called Retino A Essence and it is $36 for 3 tubes. You can get both on their website dhcskincare.com They offer samples in their catalogs and with orders and they have sales often.