Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaveMe

Questions about retin a

I have mild acne, but am afraid its going to revert to its old state. I was wondering if retin a will work for my mild acne...does the acne adapt to it, and does it stop working? I mean i really dont have much anymore, im just afraid my antibiotics are starting to fail. I dont mind an initial breakout as long as i think it will work in the long run.

also, i have some weird wrinkle or line on my forehead, will it help that?

I have mild acne, but am afraid its going to revert to its old state. I was wondering if retin a will work for my mild acne...does the acne adapt to it, and does it stop working? I mean i really dont have much anymore, im just afraid my antibiotics are starting to fail. I dont mind an initial breakout as long as i think it will work in the long run.

Yeah, sure! i have mild acne and it is working for me!! ive been on it for 6 months and so far it hasnt stopped working. im on the .04% with minocyclin 100mg once a day! :D

sry i dunno about the wrinle :(

Yeah, sure! i have mild acne and it is working for me!! ive been on it for 6 months and so far it hasnt stopped working. im on the .04% with minocyclin 100mg once a day! :D

sry i dunno about the wrinle :(

cool. im not really worried about the wrinkle. acne is where it's at.

Good to hear its working, how bad was your initial breakout, and does it help with red marks?

:D

i never actually got a break out jus sum dry skin, make sure u use a moisturizer. but it duznt make u dry like crazy like bp :D

cool, i don't really have much acne left...so maybe it won't have anything to bring out (hopefully)

i wonder if my doctor will let me try it...

i dont believe acne can adapt to retin a because retin a isnt actually targeting acne bacteria. its used to open up the pores of your skin. your skin flakes like crazy so pimples dry and flake off and it will smooth out small wrinkles over time. of course i could be making this all up...im just going by what i remember my dermatoligist saying when he was prescribing it.