Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christlover

Any good products for Dark Circles?!

???

I love bare minerals even though I know your probably a guy, this is so descrete. I use the color of my skin with a conceler brush, and it works like magic, they are non noticable. and this makeup is so light that no one would be able to tell you have it there.

Hylexin Eye cream (or Eyelexin-generic form). It is not Rx, but it is VERY expensive. You can do a search for it to shop around, but I got the generic one for about $56 as opposed to $90 for the real stuff on Ebay. I have been using it for 3 weeks and my dark circles are COMPLETELY gone...no need for coverup. The first thing I have used that actually works. Yes, it is expensive, but a tiny bit goes a long way and it actually lives up to its claims.

No joke here: haemeroid cream.

No really, try it, it works miracles, just rub a LITTLE into the affected area.

Me and my ex used to go out clubbing all night, taking class A drugs and all sorts of ill shit, sufice to say we looked quite ill afterwards which is pretty bad if you have school/work the next morning, we used to do this and it took the darkness away (for a few hours anyway.)

Just pop into any pharmacy, if you feel embarrassed about buying it there are probably places you can get it online (you do know what haemeriod cream is, right?)

It is very cheap.

I thaught it was a well known trick, though.

Me and my ex used to go out clubbing all night, taking class A drugs and all sorts of ill shit, sufice to say we looked quite ill afterwards which is pretty bad if you have school/work the next morning, we used to do this and it took the darkness away (for a few hours anyway.)

I thought this cream only worked for puffyness, I have never heard of it used for darkness.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I thought this cream only worked for puffyness, I have never heard of it used for darkness.

That's what I thought too.

I've seen the stuff Pankins is talking about in TV. It wasn't an infomercial or anything. Apparently it's really good and I'd love to try it but I'm a broke college student. Maybe when tax time comes around.

NO!!

The BEST I ever used were these Aloe Vera Sticks that look like chapstick but it's for use on the eyes or lips too. Also has Vitamin E in it. I don't know what brand it is but all i know it's in a chapstick looking tube and in a greenish box and says its for reduction of dark circles and puffiness. Costed about $10 for it. You can find them in Pharamacy stores or Walmart.

Another one I started to use now with fantastic and fast results is the: L'occitane en provence open eyes Magic Eye balm. Costs about $32 for it. It's a bit a procey but works awesome and you get a huge tube.

Nothing has EVER helped me and I tried a lot. I've heard nothing but good things about hylexin and it's even featured in Shape Magazine. I'm going to try the generic form though, cause I can't afford the name brand. I'm sure it'll work. The other creams (including hemorrhoid cream) is more for puffiness and/or the dark circles you get from partying, not the kind that always are there and never go away. This cream actually tightens the capillaries in the skin below the eyes, which leak fluid (that's what causes the dark circles).

reviva labs has a dark circle serum with the almost the exact same ingredients as hylexin and it goes for about $20..do a search.. youd be suprised how much money you could save if you look hard enough.. i plan on buying it myself.

Hylexin Eye cream (or Eyelexin-generic form). It is not Rx, but it is VERY expensive. You can do a search for it to shop around, but I got the generic one for about $56 as opposed to $90 for the real stuff on Ebay. I have been using it for 3 weeks and my dark circles are COMPLETELY gone...no need for coverup. The first thing I have used that actually works. Yes, it is expensive, but a tiny bit goes a long way and it actually lives up to its claims.

could you describe your dark circles to me? mine are different than most peoples.. in fact the thing hylexin says about capillary leakage under the eye sounds exactly like mine.

Don't get the Hylexin or generic Hylexin unless money is not an object. Here is what has worked very well for me for dark circles. Go to skinactives.com and get the Chrysin and the Eyeliss they have on their website. These are active ingredients in the Hylexin. Chrysin is for the dark circles, Eyeliss is for puffyness. They're about $10 each.

Both of these are very concentrated ingredients, and need to be mixed with some sort of cream. You can buy some cream on their website, but I mixed mine with some ALA and DMAE cream I already had. I've been using this mixture for a couple of weeks, and my dark circles under the eyes are almost gone. You end up using so little of this stuff at a time (since you only put it under your eyes) that what they send you could last for like 5 years. I highly recommed going this route, because you can determine how much active ingredient you want in the mixture. Start small, then steadily mix in more as long as you aren't having any bad reactions. So far very little eye irritation.

The Hylexin probably works too, but way overpriced.

One note: Do not, under any circumstances purchase Vita K for dark circles. It does nothing for dark circles and will severely irritate your eyes and the area around your eyes.

Peace

One thing I should clarify about my previous post: the cream I decided to mix the active ingredients with was totally random. I do not know if ALA and DMAE (I think it also has Ester C in it too) are even good for under the eyes. They might not be good at all, but I used it because it was what I already had on hand. So far no bad reactions, so the cream itself probably doesn't effect it one way or the other. Just something to mix the real ingredients with.

Buy the cream they have, if you are skiddish about using something else.

Peace

I dont know if it really does work or not but Ive heard that Vitamin K cream works. On some talk show, I forget which one, there was a dermatologist on and she was comparing expensive products with cheaper versions and she said that regular drugstore Vitamin K cream works really well and just as good as other expensive undereye creams with Vit. K.

I have used St. Ives undereye cream with Vit. K years ago and it did nothing at all. I dont even think they make it anymore. But the regualr Vit. K cream is inexpensive so I guess it couldnt hurt to try. HTH :)

I dont know if it really does work or not but Ive heard that Vitamin K cream works. On some talk show, I forget which one, there was a dermatologist on and she was comparing expensive products with cheaper versions and she said that regular drugstore Vitamin K cream works really well and just as good as other expensive undereye creams with Vit. K.

I have used St. Ives undereye cream with Vit. K years ago and it did nothing at all. I dont even think they make it anymore. But the regualr Vit. K cream is inexpensive so I guess it couldnt hurt to try. HTH :)

ive tried 2 different vitamin k creams.. both pretty expensive and they did nothing at all.. i used the one for over 2 months and didnt notice a single change.. i just ordered the reviva labs dark circle serum.. im really hoping that it works.. because i know my dark circles are caused by leaking capillaries.. i can actually see little hair like strands of blood coming out of them.

I repeat-- don't buy Vita K. Not only is it a waste of money, it will burn your eyes and cause the whole area around them to turn red. It is a terrible product and does not help for dark circles.

Best to go with my suggestion in my previous post.

Peace

I repeat-- don't buy Vita K. Not only is it a waste of money, it will burn your eyes and cause the whole area around them to turn red. It is a terrible product and does not help for dark circles.

Peace

Yeah I have this mary kay vitamin k cream. but it doesn't work. Nothing has ever worked.

Peace

just curious.. what did your dark circles look like before you started using the chrysin and eyeliss?

Question:

"just curious.. what did your dark circles look like before you started using the chrysin and eyeliss?"

Answer:

I had really dark circles uder my eyes, but not much puffyness. Supposedly the eyeliss is for puffynes and chrysin is for the darkness. I suppose I could have just gotten the chrysin, but I went ahead and got both. Again, this mixture worked for me very very well.

Peace

do you ppl all have dark circles from not getting enough sleep? bc mine are hereditary and i could get 12 hrs of sleep everynight and they would still b there ... so does any1 have hereditary dark cirlces meaning you've had them since you were a kid .... and if you have do you know how to get rid of them other than laser treatments ... any1 know how much that is?

I get plenty of sleep, and still have (had) dark circles. I'm 26 now, and have had them for maybe about 4 years. I don't know if they're hereditary, but I do know the Chrysin and Eyeliss worked. I'd recommened trying that before spending a lot of money on lasers. If you are scared to mix them yourself, there's another webstite that will sell them already mixed for something like $15. Just type in "Eyeliss" into Ebay, and it will come up. Good Luck.

Peace

i just got this product called reviva labs dark circle serum.. it has most of the same ingredients as hylexin but was only $20.. ill let everyone know if it works.. i have doubts though since nothing has ever worked so far.. my dark circles arent hereditary.. there a dark reddish color and there only in the inner half of my under eye are.. but they look really dark if theres no light shining on them..

I'm sorry to disappoint the believers of hemorrhoid cream, but the FDA has made all the hemorrhoid cream companies remove ingredients like shark oil and a yeast derivative which might have some beneficial qualities (i.e., accelerate wound healing, etc.). The companies have also added astringents which will irritate your eyes more. Just remember what those creams are actually for, they're for hemorrhoids.

This link explains it pretty well, it's all over google if you'd like other sources.

Don't buy any fancy creams, it's just another scam to get your money. Most dark circles are there in the first place due to genetics and it gets exacerbated due to poor nutrition and rest. Take a multi-vitamin, and get a good night's rest.

You could use make-up, I used to use this YSL concealer pen that worked wonders. If you go to Sephora and search the YSL products I'm sure you can't miss it.

So to answer your question, no, there are no good products that treat dark circles. There are cosmetic products that will mask the circles but there's nothing to treat them.

I have pretty bad dark circles under my eyes because I'm anemic. I get plenty of sleep and take iron supplements and all that, but they never go away. I also suspect that my pale complexion might be a factor, since my skin's so translucent. Oh well.

Anywho, I don't have any suggestions, but I wish you the best of luck.