Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kwager

kwager's Clear Skin Regimen

I started the Clear Skin Regimen on 22 December 2005.

My Regimen:

A.M.

Wash face with J&J Head to Toe Wash

Wait 5-15 minutes

Moisturize with Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula

P.M.

Wash face as above

Wait 5-15 minutes

Dab face with Stridex Power Pads, 2.5% BP (gently rub in)

Wait 5-15 minutes

Moisturize as above

At first my face felt stiff and a little itchy.

Day 5: I was very itchy and my skin felt stiff. I read a lot of posts about using baking soda yesterday so I tried it last night. I used a tbsp of baking soda and added water to make it runny. I used it as a second wash after washing with the J&J Head to Toe Wash. Next time I'm going to make it into a paste and use it more like an exfoliant. I'm going to use the baking soda once a week.

Today, day 6, it doesn't feel very scratchy and isn't as stiff feeling. Woohoo! My acne has started to clear up and red marks seem to be fading a little bit.

Day Six: P.M. Did the Baking Soda mask. It stung a little and for a while I was afraid I'd made a big mistake by doing it to quickly in my regimen. But, I woke this morning with my face looking much better. Not dry at all.

Week 1 Synopsis:

-Face was dry at first, but the moisturizer helps with that. My skin is oily, so I think that helps with it not becoming too dry.

-Acne is better. The regimen seems to have brought up a few new ones, but they aren’t as big as they normally would have been and seem to dry up faster. The red marks aren’t as bad as normal either.

-I upped my BP 2.5% to twice a day today. A.M. and P.M.

-Due to the morning BP, I am a little itchy today.

-Overall, I’m happy with the results.

My revised regimen:

A.M.

Wait 5-15 minutes

Dab face with Stridex Power Pads, 2.5% BP (Gently rub in)

Wait 5-15 minutes

P.M.

Wash face as above

Wait 5-15 minutes

Dab face with Stridex Power Pads, Slightly larger amount than A.M.

Wait 5-15 minutes

Moisturize as above

Hey there! Best of luck with your regimen. I must warn you that my experiences with baking soda have not been good, though I've heard others rave about it. Have you considered buying some of Dan's BP? I've tried a lot of the other OTC stuff, and I really like this a lot more. What kind of acne do you have?Looking forward to hearing about your progress...

yea, I agree it's best not to add in any new factors, such as baking soda, until you are clear from the Regimen. It tends to complicate things if added in the beginning.

I've not known anyone who has used the bp pads with Dan's regimen, this will be interesting to see. I don't think we have those here, at least I have not seen them.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks vott9 and Brandy for the comments. I will probably buy dan's BP once I use the pads. I wanted to get on the regimen instead of waiting to order something online...so I stood in Walmart looking at all the products until I decided on the pads. So far, so good.

As for the Baking Soda. I was thinking earlier that I needed to stop and just to the regimen for now and not add too much into it.

I do have a question though. What about the blackheads? Do they sooner or later just go away?

My acne is mild to moderate. I had a HUGE flare-up a month ago which has driven me crazy! As for the type I have....I guess I'd say I have Acne Vulgaris: blackheads, Whiteheads, Papules, Pustules with occasional Nodules.

yea, just stick with the Regimen, it works for all of the acne.

I live in the US and I've not seen the bp pads at our Walmart, that's interesting.

I understand your eagerness to start the Regimen, I was that way when I first found this website, I ran right to Walmart and bought the stuff and began that day!

Good luck to you!!

Day 8 and 9: OUCH!!!

My skin is very red and itchy! I skipped the BP this morning and evening, trying to calm down the skin. After reading some of the posts, I might try the 100% aloe vera gel I have.

Day 12?

Skin is getting back to normal. it's dry...but nothing I can't handle. Acne spots are clearing up nicely. I had a few new ones over the weekend, but they are quickly healing.

My revised regimen:

A.M.

Wait 5-15 minutes

Moisturize with Purpose Duel Action Moisturizer with SPF 15

P.M.

Wash face as above

Wait 5-15 minutes

Dab face with Stridex Power Pads

Wait 5-15 minutes

Face doesn't seem as dry today!

Ahhh, I'm finally getting clear and not so dry. As of right now, I have no new acne...just fading red marks from previous breakouts.