Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cody151

Aspirin Mask

Can anybody tell me how they made the mask, and the results. Just heard about it and not sure what I do exactly to get the red marks to fade using the mask. I only have certain spots that need the mask so I don't wanna use it on my entire face in case I break out.

I put 3 aspirins in a little saucer and put a couple drops of water on them. After a while..like 10-15 mins they dissolve and become a paste. I've only done it twice and I didn't notice any difference.

I haven't noticed a difference with scars. I love using it though because it really clears out my pores. I was skeptical because I didn't see how it could be any more helpful than salicylic acid gel but it opens them up like nothing else has.

I have used the aspirin mask for a year. I stopped about a month ago because it was giving me, what I call, "bumpies". It does leave my face soft, but when I stopped, the bumpies went away and I dont get them anymore. Like all things, different people, different results.

I put it on every night, and leave it on while I sleep. Then I wash it off by gently rubbing my face with my palms. I then use a toner and then a BP lotion, followed by Aloe Vera Gel as mosturizer. The aspirin mask is the key thing that cleared me up since I started using it. I get the dollar bottles at CVS so its REALLY cheap. I think the key with this is to use it frequently, as long as you use some type of mosturizer(I prefer the Aloe Vera Gel, works like a charm.) But as other people have said, different things work for different people.

I put it on every night, and leave it on while I sleep. Then I wash it off by gently rubbing my face with my palms. I then use a toner and then a BP lotion, followed by Aloe Vera Gel as mosturizer. The aspirin mask is the key thing that cleared me up since I started using it. I get the dollar bottles at CVS so its REALLY cheap. I think the key with this is to use it frequently, as long as you use some type of mosturizer(I prefer the Aloe Vera Gel, works like a charm.) But as other people have said, different things work for different people.

absorbing chemicals through your skin is very much the same as internally; it all has to go somewhere, and thats into your system

I made an entire tupperware filled with crushed aspirin (probably about 150 tablets) and very little water... I used this as a mask on my face once or 2x a day...AND as spot treatment....and for about a month I'm wondering why I keep feeling dizzy and lethargic... I didn't know wtf was going on with me but I knew something wasn't right... well I stopped using the aspirin on my face and by the next day all those feelings went away and now i'm back to normal lol.... crazy shit.

I made an entire tupperware filled with crushed aspirin (probably about 150 tablets) and very little water... I used this as a mask on my face once or 2x a day...AND as spot treatment....and for about a month I'm wondering why I keep feeling dizzy and lethargic... I didn't know wtf was going on with me but I knew something wasn't right... well I stopped using the aspirin on my face and by the next day all those feelings went away and now i'm back to normal lol.... crazy shit.

Be careful if you're a BP user. The active ingredient in Aspirin is Salicyclic acid and that cancels out BP. I used it for about a week and I had 4 huge cysts. I stopped using it and what do you know, no more cysts.

Ive tried it once or trice although it didn't do much. It helped cure a few of my pimples but other than that it only made my skin soft

I tried it once and it worked out pretty good. You take a little bowl of 3 aspirin and drip hot water on them so they kinda melt. You mix it into a paste and apply for like, 20 minutes I think, but I cant remember. You can add honey on top, which works great. :)

i went on makeupalley.com and the people who reviewed the product were really helpful.

ht tp://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemId=14129&SortBy=rating-desc&AgeRange=0&skintonetype=-2

just take the space out of ht tp. because it doesnt let me post links.

absorbing chemicals through your skin is very much the same as internally; it all has to go somewhere, and thats into your system

I've been using the aspirin mask about 4 times a week for 2 weeks. Down to just a few blemishes and minor redness. I crush up the aspirin, then add a little hot water I've heated in the microwave. This dissolves the aspirin and makes a very nice mask. I usually do it 2 days, then lay off a couple of days. The main side effect is red skin. It really reduces the blemishes. I use moisturizer (vitamin E) to counteract the dryness from the aspirin. It works for me!

The main side effect is red skin. (...) It works for me!

If it causes red skin HOW is it a remedy for hyperpigmentation (a.k.a. red skin)??!!???

(considering that you post it on "red marks left after acne" forum, i guess red marks are one of your problems...)

:eh:

For some reason when I tried it for a few days about a week and a half ago, it seemed like I broke out more--needless to say, I don't think it made any difference on my hyperpigmentation.

Now that I have no acne on me, I don't want to take the chance and break out. Maybe eventually, but not now. :P (Too bad, to; I loved the way it made my skin feel~)

I'm trying the aspirin mask now and it's not working. I've added four aspirins to about 1 teaspoon of water, but the pills refused to dissolve! They break up into small gritty grains, and all I ended up having was just a watery concoction with the little aspirin bits sunk at the bottom. Is this supposed to happen? How did you guys get a paste? I've just bought this box of aspirin and they're only due to expire next year!

I'm trying the aspirin mask now and it's not working. I've added four aspirins to about 1 teaspoon of water, but the pills refused to dissolve! They break up into small gritty grains, and all I ended up having was just a watery concoction with the little aspirin bits sunk at the bottom. Is this supposed to happen? How did you guys get a paste? I've just bought this box of aspirin and they're only due to expire next year!

Well I think what you might have to do to get them to fully dissolve is leave them there for 10-20 minutes or microwave them, as somebody else mentioned.

Well I think what you might have to do to get them to fully dissolve is leave them there for 10-20 minutes or microwave them, as somebody else mentioned.

Microwave?? Okay will try that, thanks! I've tried leaving them alone for half an hour already and it's still the same watery concoction. Hot water doesn't seem to help either. :(