Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty_

Regimen Problems............................. persist

I've been on the Regimen for 6 months and I get very few pimples now because of it. Of course that's great news, however my skin is always dry and I get "rashes" or red marks most likely due to applying the BP. I don't even use as much as Dan recommends because it makes my skin that much worse. I have white skin and then patches of red rashes. It looks terrible and is very depressing. I have no idea what to do. I'm constantly 95% pimple free, but I don't know if it's worth the price of constant rashes.

Would AHA moisturizers do the trick or would they just aggrivate my skin even more?

Should I apply BP once a day as opposed to twice a day?

No idea what to do. I'm very unhappy.

Thanks for the help.

I'm using Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser, Dan's BP, and complex 15 moisturizer. I live in Canada so the cold weather drys out my skin even more.

i think you should really listen to your skin. dan's bp is an awesome product, but there's no cookie-cutter fix to everyone's skin problems. adjust the regimen to suit your skin. my skin is like yours, gets really dry & rashy at times as well, i've now cut down bp to just nights, and in the morning i'll use moisturizer if necessary. and i don't use as much as he recommends because it tears my skin apart. i've noticed quite an improvement since i've started adjusting the regimen from what the standard is, even though that's not recommended, it has worked for me. i've adjusted my regimen a few times, and i'm still experimenting to see what my skin likes best. i just use basis cleanser, though, it rocks for sensitive skin! hope this helps a bit. ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm not allergic because a lot of the areas where I apply BP on my face are fine ie) with no redness. Also, unless I use a huge amount of BP on a specific area for a week straight ot more, there is no burning sensation what so ever.

slim04: Thanks for your post, I think I will adjust the regimen to one application a day and see how that goes. I'm sure it will be better considering I use BP once a day on my upper neck and there is no redness there.