Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr Miracle

Moisturizing before BP *** IT WORKS ***

Will moisturizing before bp work?

I just tried it, and my face got barely dry... so it´s pretty cool...

as long as it works, it´s a much better approach... has anybody ever try this or has any scientific backup that will suggest this combination wouldn´t work?

personally i mix the moisturizer and the bp and apply together. works great ( though seems be great only with a AHA moisturizer).

since your whole face is most likely not ALL pimples, i think it's better to apply the moisturizer all over your face, wait a few minutes or so to get it fully absorbed into the skin, and then apply BP to the affected areas, aka your pimples. it's much safer on the skin that isn't affected and you save up a lot of BP.

Dan??? would this work? I always assumed that mixing together might somehow prevent pb from working.

4 Days applying moisturizer before BP and it´s working perfect... not only has all flakiness gone, but I don´t look like a snowman anymore.... there´s barely any white residue when I shower, can´t wait how it´ll be in a week or two!

And not 1 pimple... Clean and clear :(

I´m using eucerin´s aha with intensive repair lotion for dry skin... it leaves my skin a little shinny but after applying bp it balances it off.. they kind of compliment each other :(

YOHOO!

Dan you should modify the regimen at least for people with sensitive skin... I no longer have to go through 15 mins of muteness twice a day...

NO MORE DRY SKIN!

:shock:/

:lol:/

:D/

This sounds like an interesting idea. Definitely will give it a shot. I have the same problemw ith the moisturizer looking shinny after I apply it. Thanks.

ryan

yeah i been doing this too! the reason becuase my skin dry after i finish with washing my face. so i had to use the moisturizer first then bp, i think its working also

Does anyone use jojoba oil before putting on the bp, atleast at night? I used the body shop masssage oil over the bp and it didn't clump up, but I'm going to try the reverse method using this.

I tried this today by accident. I didn't apply BP in the morning because I thought I was going out.. but that was cancelled, and I'd already put the moisturizer and cleaned my face a few hours beforehand, so I just decided that I'd apply the BP without going through the process again. My skin was less flakey, less red and the skin that did flake off balled up with the moisturizer and came off pretty damn easily thanks to the moisture.

I'll be doing it this way from now, I think. :-k

Thanks Dr. Miracle for posting this! :(/ I have been having the same problem with my face being too shiny using the moisturizer after the bp and have said that my face looks better before I put the moisturizer on. I'll have to try this. I've only been using bp for a week and my chin is starting to sting with the bp, will applying the moisturizer before the bp lessen the stinging?

To tell you the truth the first day it stung a little but the day after it was fine... no itch, no sting, nothing... Just perfect... Unbelievable, it adjusted in just one day...!

Very glad some of you found this useful... it´s been the best discovery I´ve ever made :(

Today I sweated all day and not one flake or not one single white residue.. it´s so awesome, I can finally eat and laugh again...!

And I´m as clear as I´ve ever been in my two months of treatment :(/

Acne Free! INCREDIBLE BUT TRUE! :shock:/

I tried this a few times, just as an experiment. I also did the "mix the eucerin aha with the bp" idea.. both worked well, and took less time... but i'm not sure how effective it is.

If I put the moisturizer on before the bp, do I still wait the 15 minutes before I apply the bp or can I wait only 5-10? Is this effective because the original regimen from Dan says to wait 15 min. before applying the bp so that the pores can close. Do I want to put the moisturizer on while the pores are open? Will this lead to clogged pores? Just wondering before I try this. Thanks! :(

I usually wait 15 mins or a little more, since I like it to dry out before applying the bp.... It makes applying bp so much smoother... but as soon as school starts, I probably will be waiting 5 mins... too lazy to get up so early... (either way still works)

I´ve thought of mixing moisturizer with bp, but haven´t figured out the proper ratio... one of the main reasons that have kept me out of doing this is that I would have to apply way too much mixture, though... so it might get a bit clumsy!

It might be one of my future experiments though....! [-(

No matter how much or how often I put BP on, and how little and rarely I use moisturizer, I never get dryness, irritation, shiny, or anything. I'm sure glad I don't need to worry. BP works wonders by the way.

I just started this method today as my skin was flaking too much, and like other people have said, it does decrease flaking a hell of a lot. I just brought the topic back up to see how thsoe who have continued with it have fared and whether it is still ok.

Might give it a go.

You guys post back on the long term (well at least a couple of weeks) effectiveness of this :)

lol i like where DR miracle said i can left and eat again!

does this put the elasticity of your skin back? if so i will do this method cus my skin does go dry and im only trying to kill a few pimples now............

so would bp absorb just as well if you apply moisturizer first or not. sounds like it'd be great if it did