Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikey23

how to balance male hormones?

does anyone know how to balance male hormones,i know girls have birth control but what can guys do for it,i have a hormonal imbalance?

Uhh, become a trannie and take all the boobie-growing hormones?

Seriously though, I've never heard of a doc giving someone hormone therapy to treat acne. Seems the cure might be worse than the disease.

Seriously though, I've never heard of a doc giving someone hormone therapy to treat acne.

HUH? You've never heard of birth control pills (basically, estrogens and antiandrogens) being used for acne??

Bryan

does anyone know how to balance male hormones,i know girls have birth control but what can guys do for it,i have a hormonal imbalance?

Zone diet.

Carbs seem to control male hormone levels in me atleast.

And there's been quite a few reports that the Atkins diet clears up acne. (Zero carbs).

I've personally found that going on a strict Zone diet does the same thing; which is rather more mainstream as diets go.

Strict means, literally every meal balanced protein:carbs 3:4.

Any snacks balanced too, or not eaten.

Dunno quite why or how; and YMMV.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm taking Saspiralla tablets.

Zone diet.

Carbs seem to control male hormone levels in me atleast.

And there's been quite a few reports that the Atkins diet clears up acne. (Zero carbs).

I've personally found that going on a strict Zone diet does the same thing; which is rather more mainstream as diets go.

would this also help balance girl hormones?

Seriously though, I've never heard of a doc giving someone hormone therapy to treat acne.

HUH? You've never heard of birth control pills (basically, estrogens and antiandrogens) being used for acne??

Bryan

what is the atkins diet?

sorry to break it to you but it's sort of pointless. Hormone imbalances make acne happen easier, but the problem is more with your skin than internal. Almost everyone that goes through puberty gets a hormone imbalance, but how many of them dont get acne???

Almost everyone that goes through puberty gets a hormone imbalance, but how many of them dont get acne???

When you're in middle school, it seems as though I am different than other people because I am one of the very unlucky few with acne at my school. Plenty of people have raging horomones but very little have moderate-severe acne. Some are blessed with clear skin, even through their high school years. So to answer your question (which was probably rhetorical anyway), more people don't get acne, at least at my age, than people that do get it.

. So to answer your question (which was probably rhetorical anyway), more people don't get acne, at least at my age, than people that do get it.

. So to answer your question (which was probably rhetorical anyway), more people don't get acne, at least at my age, than people that do get it.

So then you see why I say hormone imbalances are not the direct cause of acne, because if it was tru, about 95% of people in highschool would have acne....

It's obviously hormone related though, because it kicks in when puberty happens.

It is possible for the SMALL outbreaks (1 or 2 small pimples) to be caused by hormonal imbalances in adults, but teenagers get it for a different reason, guarenteed.

Adults seem to get it for the same reasons that teenagers do. Adults hormone levels vary from person to person and week to week. Adults on anabolic steroids often break out.

would this also help balance girl hormones?

It might. The Zone diet seem anti-inflammatory for me anyway; and anti-inflammatories tend to help acne.

yup ppl hit puberty? at different times in there lives like I didn't really get acne until I was 18

and guess what that's when my skin got oily and acne flared up really bad

so there HAS to be some truth to that

yup ppl hit puberty? at different times in there lives like I didn't really get acne until I was 18

and guess what that's when my skin got oily and acne flared up really bad

so there HAS to be some truth to that

Sebum output gradually ramps up from puberty till about 18, and is believed to be under hormonal control. But it's not the only factor in getting acne, but it seems to be a necessary one.

FWIW I broke out at about the same age.

It's obviously hormone related though, because it kicks in when puberty happens.

Again, why do some people not get acne then (assuming every1 goes through puberty) ? Also, I dont have numbers but I believe a large amount of acne sufferers begin to get acne late end or even after puberty.

Adults seem to get it for the same reasons that teenagers do. Adults hormone levels vary from person to person and week to week. Adults on anabolic steroids often break out.

Acne appears in less than 50% of anabolic steroid users.

I"m not just trying to cotradict you, but I want people to understand there Acne is not caused by 1 thing, but many factors together such as Hormones, Allergic Reactions, CERTAIN diets, irritation, no removal of dead cells, but there are a few missing links out there that have yet to be discovered.....

im gonna say the best thing to do is just try and forget about it, do not worry about it too much and do not try too many things,or have too many steps, it will eventually get better over time, use something simple to fash your face with, my mom is a manager at shiseido so she knows all this good stuff for my acne in the cheap products