Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

Switching bp spot treatment to regimen

Ive been spot treating with bp for the past 4-5 months, I started off with the regimen, but I soon just spot treated. I remember breaking out from bp in the past, or else it might have been from something else im not sure.

Im just wondering if anyone knows if i start the regimen now will I still break out at week 3 or 7 or watever.

I use the bp gel over my entire face now, followed by cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15.

also my face has burn burning a little. And im getting some cystic acne, ive only been doing this for a few days. However this could be attributed to something else.

ow omfg painful cysts.... and swollen tight face... however no excessivly dry skin like spot treating (or could that be the spf moisturizer?)

I'm thinking it was something else that broke you out in the past, not the BP :think:

What cleanser are you using? Make sure you use something very gentle, and cleanse your face QUICKLY and softly. It should just take a few seconds, really. Then apply BP all over (or wherever you're prone to breakouts). Use plenty of moisturizer, twice a day.

I'm not sure where the sudden painful cysts are coming from :confused: But I do know that when I began the regimen, I broke out something awful around week 7.

You have to be consistent and follow the regimen to a science. The main things are gentle, quick cleansing; LOTS of bp (after your face has gotten used to it) ; and moisturize as often as you need to, even throughout the day.

Oh yeah, sometimes the SPF of some moisturizers could cause a bit of stinging when you first apply it.