Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shino

Honey and Acne

This happened more than two years ago. I had moderate acne when I was in my junior year in college because of the academic stress and the eating-disorder. I called it eating-disorder because I was addicted to french fries and other junk food such as pizza and hamberger that provided by the school dinning hall every day. This situation continued for about another term or so and finally I decided to stop buying meal plan and to cook by myself in my apartment. At the same time I found an online article talking about how honey is helpful with one's health. It suggested that mixing a tablespoon of honey with a cup of water before your breakfast can make you a good appetite, a stronger body and better skin. I was attracted and started the rountine of honey-water-before-breakfast the following day. Fortunately I saw the effect in two weeks -- no more breakout, no more new acne, and I felt I didn't want to eat that many french fries any more. After one month, my acne condition was controlled although the old acne on my face were still there (but they were disappearing, leaving me red spots). I was so glad I finally found a way to get rid of those little monsters on my cheeks. I was able to resist the junk food and eat more vegetables instead. As the article said, I had a stronger body (and mind, yeah) and better skin. I'm still doing this routine nowadays to keep a good appetite, though I don't feel guilty if I miss it for a day or two.

How much honey per a glass of water?

I read some posts saying honey is good for acne.. but I never tried it myself. I should though ^^

This probably has more to do with curbing cravings for certain Unhealthy foods which leads to better overall health which leads to improved skin than honey actually helping acne.

The only actual health benefits I recall from honey itself are Antioxidants. If that's what you are banking on, then buckwheat honey is the way to go. As it has the most, and honey varies quite a bit.

I always use a tablespoon of honey mixing with a cup of warm water. If you don't like it to be too sweet, then add more water.

How much honey per a glass of water?

I read some posts saying honey is good for acne.. but I never tried it myself. I should though ^^

I think you are right. The food you take will infulence your body and your skin. Honey helps heal acne in an indirectly way.

This probably has more to do with curbing cravings for certain Unhealthy foods which leads to better overall health which leads to improved skin than honey actually helping acne.

The only actual health benefits I recall from honey itself are Antioxidants. If that's what you are banking on, then buckwheat honey is the way to go. As it has the most, and honey varies quite a bit.

Heard that too but never tried. I guess I don't like sticky mask.

you could also apply honey topically on your skin.

you can spot treat with honey on pimples.

Really? Great result?

And about the aspirin mask, I think I should give it another try. Just wondering.. after I wash my face, do I apply honey all over my face then aspirin or the other way around to make them sticky?

Really? Great result?

And about the aspirin mask, I think I should give it another try. Just wondering.. after I wash my face, do I apply honey all over my face then aspirin or the other way around to make them sticky?

i haven't done it. but i had a good amount of friends who had. honey is antibaterial and good fo your skin overall.

What about mixing honey with lemon? THis should be good then right, cause the honey will sweeten up the lemon so it will taste like lemonade.

Honey contains a very small amount of naturally occuring H2O2 (Hydrogenperoxide). I'm not aware of anything testing it's anbacterial properties compaired with BP. But they should perform similar functions so I doubt you'll see any improvement overlapping them as topicals.

I'm not aware of sugar masks being an effective treatment for acne (since the sugar molecule probably wont be able to penetrate like a peroxide can), so I think that antibacterial property of honey can be ignored.

I've used to use honey a lot. From what I researched, honey releases hydrogen peroxide slowly -- it kills the bacteria quickly without killing a lot of skin/blood cells (the body makes tons of them, and they're more resistent.)

Shino, are you now completely acne free, or do you still get acne?

How bad was your acne before?

I have moderate acne with a lot of hyperpigmentation and some black heads.

Do you think that this honey concoction would work for me when compared with your skin?

Thanks a lot.

does it have to be in water?

I make fresh fruit smoothies for breakfast everyday, would it work if I just added the honey to my smoothie instead of the glass of water?

Hey pplz,

I really hate honey for some reason. I've never liked the taste AT ALL, i dunno why. Sometimes when I try and ingest honey, i feel as if im about to puke. It has this really unique taste that i dont like at all. Although, I'll have to start trying to eat honey and liking it at the same time lol as it has heaps of health benefits, and of course with acne its good for the skin. Anyone got any tips on eating honey without tasting much of it?

How do you mix the honey and water again?

I put honey into the water but they dont dissolve. I stir and then drink but most of the honey are left on the glass.

I've been taking them seperately (Honey first then drink water).

yep, i do that too. every single morning on an empty stomach. except i now mix in acv also. to address an earlier question, this is the whole routine i go thru: i pour a glass of boiling water, let it become warm (about 5min), then put in 1 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of acv. mix and enjoy. the reason of not using boiling water is because i heard the temperature will destroy the beneficial nutrients in the honey and presumably also the good protein (called mother) in acv.

this drink is incredibly detoxifying. a note of warning about possible and slight weight gaining from too much honey. :)

ps. this is indeed a very healthy drink. but i wouldn't expect it to be like the ultimate cure or something and your acne will be completely gone. though i'm sure it has improved my skin somewhat. besides, it tastes good. give it a try.

I'm completely acne free; I mean I no longer have breakout. All I need to deal with now is scar which caused by my uncarefull face washing in the early stage. My acne condition was about moderate. During the worse time (in the first summer) I had reddish breakout full of my both cheeks. I believe most skin problems are caused by body chemical imbalance and unhealthy eating. Give this honey concoction a try and see if you have less breakout in the following weeks. And remember to eat more light food than food with thick flavor, avoid alchole and smoking, and think positive about your skin.

Shino, are you now completely acne free, or do you still get acne?

How bad was your acne before?

I have moderate acne with a lot of hyperpigmentation and some black heads.

Do you think that this honey concoction would work for me when compared with your skin?

Thanks a lot.

I'm wondering if you are allergic to honey or your body really dislikes honey? Or you may add a lemon to the honey water to see if this can help a little. My mom once forced me to eat the balsam pear which she believes to be helpful to treat acne but I was very upset about its unique bitter taste and ended up a sick stomach for several hours.

Hey pplz,

I really hate honey for some reason. I've never liked the taste AT ALL, i dunno why. Sometimes when I try and ingest honey, i feel as if im about to puke. It has this really unique taste that i dont like at all. Although, I'll have to start trying to eat honey and liking it at the same time lol as it has heaps of health benefits, and of course with acne its good for the skin. Anyone got any tips on eating honey without tasting much of it?

I mix honey and water in this way too. Always use warm water and stir the honey until it dissolved. Make it a habit and let it benefit you lifelong.

yep, i do that too. every single morning on an empty stomach. except i now mix in acv also. to address an earlier question, this is the whole routine i go thru: i pour a glass of boiling water, let it become warm (about 5min), then put in 1 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of acv. mix and enjoy. the reason of not using boiling water is because i heard the temperature will destroy the beneficial nutrients in the honey and presumably also the good protein (called mother) in acv.

this drink is incredibly detoxifying. a note of warning about possible and slight weight gaining from too much honey. :)

ps. this is indeed a very healthy drink. but i wouldn't expect it to be like the ultimate cure or something and your acne will be completely gone. though i'm sure it has improved my skin somewhat. besides, it tastes good. give it a try.

You know, i'd like to say honey helps me, but it doesnt. Ever since I was little my grandmother has given us a big jar of home made honey. So it's been a normal part of my diet for atleast 15 years. I make the BEST honey ham, among other things having to do with honey. This is, of course, my opinion... lol. Anyways, it's shown no affect on my acne. Maybe all the bad stuff I eat/take/do kinda counteract this. Who knows, either way I'ma continue to use my honey.