Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birdybird41

Zeno acne clearing device....anyone tried this??

I was just looking through a magazine and i saw an add for some machine that was, like, 250$, called a Zeno acne clearing device...

what in the world is this, and has anyonen tried it?? I tell ya, i'd be willing to pay that much if it worked to get rid of these horrible cysts that i get every month on my chin!!

Hi, I kept getting bad rock hard cysts on my chin and after frequent trips to my Derm for pricy injections she recommended the Zeno to me. It is a rechargable device that has this small pad on it that is hot to the touch. You apply that pad to the pimple right when you feel the pimple forming for 2 minutes - It has a timer. The heat is very penetrating and is supposed to kill the bacteria in the pimple so that it goes down within a day, more or less. It is expensive, the heat pad only has 90 uses in it before it needs replacing (which is bad if you have a lot of pimples as each pimple requires several treatments a day until it clears), it does not take the place of a skin care regimen and does not always get rid of the pimple if you don't treat the pimple when it is new/just forming.

I was deciding to get a Zeno after getting my last cysts injected in November (I had suffered with bad cysts on my chin since Feb of 2004), but I did not buy it because I saw Jessica's thread in this forum about Jessfoliation and I incorporated exfoliating with a facial brush when I cleanse and applying Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula (my own addition) to my regimen (both twice a day) with unbelievable success in a month. NO NEW CYSTS OR BAD PIMPLES AND MORE IMPORTANTLY NO MORE INJECTIONS SINCE MID NOVEMBER UP TO NOW.

I hope this helps you. There is a recent thread about the Zeno on here a few pages back.

Hi, I kept getting bad rock hard cysts on my chin and after frequent trips to my Derm for pricy injections she recommended the Zeno to me. It is a rechargable device that has this small pad on it that is hot to the touch. You apply that pad to the pimple right when you feel the pimple forming for 2 minutes - It has a timer. The heat is very penetrating and is supposed to kill the bacteria in the pimple so that it goes down within a day, more or less. It is expensive, the heat pad only has 90 uses in it before it needs replacing (which is bad if you have a lot of pimples as each pimple requires several treatments a day until it clears), it does not take the place of a skin care regimen and does not always get rid of the pimple if you don't treat the pimple when it is new/just forming.

I was deciding to get a Zeno after getting my last cysts injected in November (I had suffered with bad cysts on my chin since Feb of 2004), but I did not buy it because I saw Jessica's thread in this forum about Jessfoliation and I incorporated exfoliating with a facial brush when I cleanse and applying Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula (my own addition) to my regimen (both twice a day) with unbelievable success in a month. NO NEW CYSTS OR BAD PIMPLES AND MORE IMPORTANTLY NO MORE INJECTIONS SINCE MID NOVEMBER UP TO NOW.

I hope this helps you. There is a recent thread about the Zeno on here a few pages back.

thanks so much! That does help alot....I used to go to the derm frequently for cyst injections, until i had one that sunk in ( like a big indentation) and didnt pop back out for almost two months!! it was worse than the zit!! I"ll have to do more research on this zeno device...Ive also been reading about jessfoliation but, frankly, i cant see using a pedicure brush on my skin!! and i've never had good results with neosporin, tho i have with polysporin, but as a spot treatment after the zit has popped...but, i did have almost total clearing for over 6 months with a combination of microdermabrasion and tazorac....but the microderm treatments are 90-115$ each and i need to go every 3-4 weeks..... :(

I may try going back on a short course of minocycline too, just to get this current outbreak under control

thanks again!! and i'm so glad for your success with the jessfoliation!!!

OMG I had a cyst that sank also and it freaked me out, but it went up in three days. Well, I have to say that I DO NOT follow Jess' regimen to the letter, but I got valuable info from it like exfoliating with a synthetic brush and not over applying acne meds. I do not use Neosporin or a foot brush but I do use a cleanser and non-clogging gel that both contain glycolic acid. I use a specific "Facial" brush not a pedicure brush or body brush because my skin is very delicate. Previously, I would get under-the-skin clogged pores and cysts on my chin frequently, so after getting 2 bad cysts injected in October '05 and November '05 I started exfoliating with an actual facial brush and then applying Alpha Hrydrox Oil-Free Formula before moisturizing and this has helped clear the pores and keep them clean so the major impactions that occur with cysts have stopped. I found that rough exfoliation made cysts worse so I got them injected first and then started the exfoliation to keep them from returning.

*Now if you want to try a Zeno their website will reffer you to other websites that sell the device and I found one that sells it for $215 with the 30 day money back guarantee.

**If you want it cheaper try eBay. I have seen them go for around $50+ for used (the tip is replacable so no worries about that) and $100+ for new in the box - no money back guarantee usually but you could resell it.

OMG I had a cyst that sank also and it freaked me out, but it went up in three days. Well, I have to say that I DO NOT follow Jess' regimen to the letter, but I got valuable info from it like exfoliating with a synthetic brush and not over applying acne meds. I do not use Neosporin or a foot brush but I do use a cleanser and non-clogging gel that both contain glycolic acid. I use a specific "Facial" brush not a pedicure brush or body brush because my skin is very delicate. Previously, I would get under-the-skin clogged pores and cysts on my chin frequently, so after getting 2 bad cysts injected in October '05 and November '05 I started exfoliating with an actual facial brush and then applying Alpha Hrydrox Oil-Free Formula before moisturizing and this has helped clear the pores and keep them clean so the major impactions that occur with cysts have stopped. I found that rough exfoliation made cysts worse so I got them injected first and then started the exfoliation to keep them from returning.

*Now if you want to try a Zeno their website will reffer you to other websites that sell the device and I found one that sells it for $215 with the 30 day money back guarantee.

**If you want it cheaper try eBay. I have seen them go for around $50+ for used (the tip is replacable so no worries about that) and $100+ for new in the box - no money back guarantee usually but you could resell it.

Thanks again!! Yah, I just won't risk a cyst injection anymore...I've actually had a couple that sank in over the years...both stayed sunk in for at least a month!!! I just decided that this was not the route to take after my last one a couple of years ago.....but that does mean that i just suffer through the cysts now....

I know what you mean about those impacted pores that then turn into cysts- I have one on my chin right now that started out that way and, while i've popped the damn thing every night for the last week...it STILL has junk in it!!! it is so frustrating because, beyond these couple of cysts, my skin is actually quite clear...

I just ordered a facial brush from Sephora because, like you, my skin is too delicate for a pedicure brush, or a toothbrush....and the neosporin just doesn't seem to the the "miracle" healer that is seems to be for other people....for me anyway... :cry:

I am going to start using the facial brush, and begin microdermabrasion treatments again, once these two cysts clear up ( microderm cant be done over active lesions)

Happy New Year!