Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d3ciph

Can differin be used with AHA?

Hello, I was wondering if I could use differin at night, then use AHA in the morning? Differin exfoiliates right? WOuld AHA be overkill in exfoiliation?

use them both at the same time. use the aha before, let it dry and then put differin right on top of it. they work synergistically. the aha helps the differin penetrate deeper. i did the research and that's what many websites say about aha and retinoids. but only do it if your skin can handle it. it might be irritating.

use them both at the same time. use the aha before, let it dry and then put differin right on top of it. they work synergistically. the aha helps the differin penetrate deeper. i did the research and that's what many websites say about aha and retinoids. but only do it if your skin can handle it. it might be irritating.

Wow, then AHA seems like a must for those that can do it! Never knew that... I'll try out AHA

yep, here's what paula begoun says:

"RETINOIDS: Aside from exfoliation, prescription options for improving the shape of the pore include Retin-A (tretinoin), Differin (adapalene), and Tazorac (tazarotene). There is an immense amount of research showing these to be effective in the treatment of acne (Source: Journal of the American Medical Association, August 11, 2004, pages 726-735). Depending on your skin type, you can use these up to twice a day. You can also use these only at night in combination with using a BHA or AHA during the day. As an alternative, some dermatologists recommend applying the BHA or AHA first then applying Retin-A, Differin, or Tazorac. The thought is that the BHA or AHA boosts the effectiveness by aiding penetration of the other products. Again, talk to your doctor and experiment to see which frequency, combination, and order of application works best for your skin."

yep, here's what paula begoun says:

"RETINOIDS: Aside from exfoliation, prescription options for improving the shape of the pore include Retin-A (tretinoin), Differin (adapalene), and Tazorac (tazarotene). There is an immense amount of research showing these to be effective in the treatment of acne (Source: Journal of the American Medical Association, August 11, 2004, pages 726-735). Depending on your skin type, you can use these up to twice a day. You can also use these only at night in combination with using a BHA or AHA during the day. As an alternative, some dermatologists recommend applying the BHA or AHA first then applying Retin-A, Differin, or Tazorac. The thought is that the BHA or AHA boosts the effectiveness by aiding penetration of the other products. Again, talk to your doctor and experiment to see which frequency, combination, and order of application works best for your skin."

tried aha for a night, skin is smoother but more oily. Gonna do this for a few days for improvement.

My skin is smoother and my CYSTS are going down and drying! I don't know if this is an after effect of AHA, but differin alone never got rid of cysts

Update, it definately helped to use them both together, but I can't use them for 2 days in a row. The day after I use both Dfiferin and AHA I look good, but mass skin shedding so I have to take a break off those for 2-3 days.