Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unforgiven2

Plz stop taking accutane

this is the cry of a desperate 23 year old male. accutane maimed my perfectly healthy body. now i have developed osteoporosis ( no family/personal history) with severe dry mouth and chronic infections. and is getting worse every day. look up my username in the forum if u care to know about the dosage i took.

Plz i know many of u think acne is the worse thing that can happen to u but be sure that is almost impossible to escape accutane's sideeffects. look up accutane action forum. many sideeffects set in a year later ( like mine).

mothers who reading this post dont allow accutane for ur kids

:(

I'm a 23 male too on 40mg each day. Sorry to har about your situation mate and I wish you all the best in a speedy recovery. Fortunately, this only happens to an absolute minority and may not even be linked with Accutane. It's a risk we all must take if our acne winds us up that much. What treatment have you had?

I'm a male too on 40mg each day. Sorry to har about your situation mate and I wish you all the best in a speedy recovery. Fortunately, this only happens to an absolute minority and may not even be linked with Accutane. It's a risk we all must take if our acne winds us up that much.

Snap =)

unforgiven2 during the fiasco with celebrex and viax the doctor who testified against them said watch as u going to see in the future axe falling on accutane too. many people simply underestimate this drug but what is changing the winds though is the fact that so many younger poeple who are suffering from severe physical sideeffects of accutane are coming out. unfortunately many poeple are too ignorant and optimistic about this drug until a year later after finishing the drug they get hit with its most serious sideeffects.

Yeah, uh whats up w00t first post, this stuff is true my friend Patrick was on this stuff for like a year and hes missing school and getting sick. So yeah this stuff is true.

Yeah, uh whats up w00t first post, this stuff is true my friend Patrick was on this stuff for like a year and hes missing school and getting sick. So yeah this stuff is true.

is this directly because of Accutane though?

oh yeah and you do realize that the doctor makes you sign a consent for saying that you know what can possibly happen

I knew the risks and still took them.......but don't go saying ban accutane ........we pretty much know all the side effects

millions of ppl have taken it already

people the reason that accutane is going under the spotlight again is because of the very fact that these sideeffects show in MOST people who take accutane not the minority. some kind of joint inflammatory disease is almost certain for who ever takes a dose high enough to repress acne for a long time.

for all those taking accutane and actually concerned about ur future go to this link:

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index.cgi

even if u definitly wanne take this drug dont allow ur doctor to push u above 130 mg/kg and dont take it for a second time even if u relapsed. of all u people taking the drug right now the majority will regret taking it.

fuman when u say u know the sideffects consider this:

1. would u have taken this drug if u knew that within a year after taking this drug every joint in ur body would hurt and make popping sound so much that not only u have to give up sports but any physical activity besides typing/pickingup small stuff, so much so that u have to stand aside when ur old mom picks up something heavy because u the young lad cant lift it?

2. would u have taken this drug if u knew that having dry mouth/throat and eyes means chronic ifections and having to take antibiotics on a regular basis?

i am 23 years old and took the drug a year ago. i did not have any problems what so ever prior to taking this drug. how can i believe that all the sudden something else is causing these symptoms reported by so many other accutane users? and i have not been physically active though so u cant blame sports for these accutane symptoms. i cry everynight in bed thinking how i screwed up my body because of fucking pimples

people the reason that accutane is going under the spotlight again is because of the very fact that these sideeffects show in MOST people who take accutane not the minority. some kind of joint inflammatory disease is almost certain for who ever takes a dose high enough to repress acne for a long time.

Do you have a study to back this up? What dose is "high enough"? What is a "long time"? This is classic anti-accutaner crap - no coherance in the arguments used, no logic involved, believes their own case applies to everyone, etc.

Yeah I knew this was coming up, a link to the forum full of crazies.

of all u people taking the drug right now the majority will regret taking it.

I think anyone with half a brain will see how ridiculous this statement is. Long term side effects are only experienced by a minority, the majority of people just accept it as another drug their doctor tells them to take and get on with their life after they've stopped taking it. They don't experience any long term negative effects.

In short: You're wrong.

You know what I didn't sign ANYTHING to get Ro-Accutane. :S

I knew all the risks though. Reading the side effects can scare the crap out of you, Ive been on it now for 6 weeks and it hasnt been that bad at all.

1. would u have taken this drug if u knew that within a year after taking this drug every joint in ur body would hurt and make popping sound so much that not only u have to give up sports but any physical activity besides typing/pickup small stuff, so much so that u have to stand aside when ur old mom picks up something heavy because u the yound lad cant lift it?

yes and I also realized taht the side effects subsided after a while, frankly joint pain is nothing for me

2. would u have taken this drug if u knew that having dry mouth/throat and eyes means chronic ifections and having to take antibiotics on a regular basis?

I have dry lips and eyes a bit........and your the only one out of the thousands of ppl who are saying this that they have to take antibiotics .......

i am 23 years old and took the drug a year ago. i did not have any problems what so ever prior to taking this drug. how can i believe that all the sudden something else is causing these symptoms reported by so many other accutane users?

you do realize most if not all side affects go away after your 6th month

i'd take that for clear skin

COMMON SIDE EFFECTS: dry lips, eyes, sore joints

I think your overexaggerating things

proverbial, the reason that i am here picking a fight with accutane is because the way it changed my life for ever just like unforgiven, and i wish i had been more pessimistic about it before taking it.

sometimes u run into a conservative doctor and he ends up putting u on a 120 mg/kg dose. however my doctor was not conservative and pushed me against my will to take a 180 mg/kg dose. i did not have severe acne but he said that as long as ur liver can tolerate it u should push it to prevent a relapse. he convinced me that alot that is being about accutane is exagurated, and i ended up trusting him. now i am acne free but for high price i never wished for.

What kind of stunt are you trying to pull? You and "Steve06" both sign up within minutes of making your first posts....and both of you are anti-accutane. Coincidence?

Anyway, it's nice that you've taken it upon yourself to warn others, but as you said, your dose was much higher than it is supposed to be. Most derms will follow the guidelines properly. Other people might also be able to tolerate that kind of dose better than you did.

proverbial, the reason that i am here picking a fight with accutane is because the way it changed my life for ever just like unforgiven, and i wish i had been more pessimistic about it before taking it.

sometimes u run into a conservative doctor and he ends up putting u on a 120 mg/kg dose. however my doctor was not conservative and pushed me against my will to take a 180 mg/kg dose. i did not have severe acne but he said that as long as ur liver can tolerate it u should push it to prevent a relapse. he convinced me that alot that is being about accutane is exagurated, and i ended up trusting him. now i am acne free but for high price i never wished for.

why did you continue it.............thats an insane dosage..........sorry it changed you for the worst but your doctor was clearly wrong in how he diagnosed you

for me it's changed my life for the better

and have you talked to a doctor about that?

fuman lets suppose the chances are 1/1000 ( which i am willing to argue to contrary, just see how many people complain about joint problems ) are u willing to take that chance and suffer from what i am suffering?

its unfortunate that most people cant imagine something until they hit with it. i was really cocky before doing accutane, but now i am broken down thinking about my future and how i am going to cope with chronic throat/mouth/eye infections and fucked up joints at such young age.

fuman lets suppose the chances are 1/1000 ( which i am willing to argue to contrary, just see how many people complain about joint problems ) are u willing to take that chance and suffer from what i am suffering?

its unfortunate that most people cant imagine something until they hit with it. i was really cocky before doing accutane, but now i am broken down thinking about my future and how i am going to cope with chronic throat/mouth/eye infections and fucked up joints at such young age.

hmm did you talk to a doctor about this??? im sure he'll have a much better progrostication on what's going on .........instead of blaming it all on accutane

and ........yes as crazy as it sounds i wouldve taken that chance on accutane.............my life was controlled by acne

What kind of stunt are you trying to pull? You and "Steve06" both sign up within minutes of making your first posts....and both of you are anti-accutane. Coincidence?

i am not pulling any stunts, have a moderate check the ips connected with each post. i am a veteran members been here for years now.

i am not pulling any stunts, have a moderate check the ips connected with each post. i am a veteran members been here for years now.

so answer my question ..........why haven't u gone to a doctor about this?

maybe your symptoms will take longer to go away? since you took such a excessively high dosage?

180mg/day, thats an insane dosage !! maybe all the shit that ur having right now is because of too much accutane that u can't handle !!

for all those taking accutane and actually concerned about ur future go to this link:

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index.cgi

even if u definitly wanne take this drug dont allow ur doctor to push u above 130 mg/kg and dont take it for a second time even if u relapsed. of all u people taking the drug right now the majority will regret taking it.

This is just not true. For a proven effect of accutane you just have to look at what they do with birth defects, accutane is proven to affect development in the womb so users are told they absolutly cannot get pregnant on it. Thats what happens when everyone gets a side effect. Also there are many people who have been ona low does and acne has not come back. Remember really high doses are in the monority aswel. I took 60m/g a day and had severe acne. it has come back slightly but then i didn't finish my course. I will be going back on it for a shorter time to stop it once and for all.

1. would u have taken this drug if u knew that within a year after taking this drug every joint in ur body would hurt and make popping sound so much that not only u have to give up sports but any physical activity besides typing/pickingup small stuff, so much so that u have to stand aside when ur old mom picks up something heavy because u the young lad cant lift it?

i am 23 years old and took the drug a year ago. i did not have any problems what so ever prior to taking this drug. how can i believe that all the sudden something else is causing these symptoms reported by so many other accutane users? and i have not been physically active though so u cant blame sports for these accutane symptoms. i cry everynight in bed thinking how i screwed up my body because of fucking pimples

1. You knew the drug had these side effects and you took is reguardless.

2. Antibiotics on a regular basis will do you no good. Either you go to see a doctor or get a new one.

my derm also said alot of the horror stories are by misdirection etc. He said to take them on board though, dont let them worry me but dont ignore them or the warning signs. If you signed to say you wanted it, then what can you do. I signed nothing, got the help i needed and it was fine, i got side effects yes but i knew i would as does everyone. Thing is with accutane, you know the risks, it depends if your willing to take them. If it really is all your doctors and roches fault you would be out there sueing them, not pissing about online.

i did not take 180 mg/day, i took a cumulitive dosage of 180 mg/kg. i dont know about unforgiven but i went to doctor, he did a blood test and basically said there is nothing he can do. and i also have been off accutane for more than a year so dont keep telling me the 6 months rule. the strange thing is that it was not this bad when i was on accutane.

When I think Accutane, I ask myself. Whats more important? My skin, or my joints,hair, and eyesight? I'll take the latter. Acne is bad but its not worth going thru all that other stuff to have clear skin.