Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

Dermabrasion- Results Keep Changing, For Better or Worse!!!

?? I don't know the science behind it, does anyone? Since two dermabrasions this year, last one over 6 months ago, my skin has improved but then comes days when any change is hard to notice, especially after shaving. In fact, my skin looks like crap at times when I just shave, like now :cry: . Could it be that the skin is raw immediately, and sometimes 2 days post-shave? I also run the triple blade 3 times just to make sure I'm getting closest shave possible. Thing that most pisses me off though is how loose the skin looks about 65% of the time post-shave. Share your thoughts please.

?? I don't know the science behind it, does anyone? Since two dermabrasions this year, last one over 6 months ago, my skin has improved but then comes days when any change is hard to notice, especially after shaving. In fact, my skin looks like crap at times when I just shave, like now :cry: . Could it be that the skin is raw immediately, and sometimes 2 days post-shave? I also run the triple blade 3 times just to make sure I'm getting closest shave possible. Thing that most pisses me off though is how loose the skin looks about 65% of the time post-shave. Share your thoughts please.

Do you shave everyday? I shave every day except I didn't shave at all during the holidays. I had like a 6 day growth going and I was really digging it until I shaved it off today because of work. For those days my skin was plump and my scars were hardly noticeable. I have mild scarring keep in mind. My scarring is also located on non-shaved areas. I thought my face was going to be a nightmare shaving this morning because of the hair but I tell you what no problems at all. My skin feels so smooth and clear today and my scars are still hardly noticeable. I'm sure it will revert back to normal tomorrow. I guess giving my skin a rest really helped improve it. You should try it if you haven't already. I guarentee you'll be pleased. Sorry, this has nothing to do with dermabrasion.

I do not shave everyday, far from. That would irritate the hell out of my skin. I start getting a stubble on the third day of shaving, even then it's really short. I shave every 5 days on average, sometimes after 3-4 days depending on the occasion. Sometimes I maintain a stubble, for a week.

Do you shave everyday? I shave every day except I didn't shave at all during the holidays. I had like a 6 day growth going and I was really digging it until I shaved it off today because of work. For those days my skin was plump and my scars were hardly noticeable. I have mild scarring keep in mind. My scarring is also located on non-shaved areas. I thought my face was going to be a nightmare shaving this morning because of the hair but I tell you what no problems at all. My skin feels so smooth and clear today and my scars are still hardly noticeable. I'm sure it will revert back to normal tomorrow. I guess giving my skin a rest really helped improve it. You should try it if you haven't already. I guarentee you'll be pleased. Sorry, this has nothing to do with dermabrasion.

My skin always looks much better after a smooth shave. Maybe your face is getting slightly irritated Aston and making the scars look temporarily red? u had 2 dermabrasions within a year? I always assumed that a doc would wait 12 months before doing a second. How much did the dermabrasions improve your skin?

I don't think I could give an accurate assessment of improvement right now. If you ask me on a good day, I'd say 28-32% or thereabout. Dermabrasion can be done at 6 month intervals from my understanding. Sometimes, even at 4 month intervals.

My skin always looks much better after a smooth shave. Maybe your face is getting slightly irritated Aston and making the scars look temporarily red? u had 2 dermabrasions within a year? I always assumed that a doc would wait 12 months before doing a second. How much did the dermabrasions improve your skin?

Triple blade 3 times?? Ouch. Sounds like you're not using an electric razor. You should try that. It's much easier on your skin IMO.