Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Supernothing

Question about cleansing

For those who cleanse in the shower, should we be touching our face only when we lather up and smear it on our face gently? I've been on the regimen for a long time, and I've always been lightly moving my fingers around on my face before i lather up to make remove the moisturizer and after the lather is washed off to make sure the lather is off. Now I'm starting to think this causes too much irritation.

So my question is: Should I start touching my face in the shower only when i lather up and shave and let the water splashing down on my face do the rest? Or is that considered under-washing? (I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer)

i don't do anything to my face in the shower. i let some shampoo run on it, but i don't really do anything. after i get out, i wash my face and put on bp

i don't do anything to my face in the shower. i let some shampoo run on it, but i don't really do anything. after i get out, i wash my face and put on bp

Alright, but you didn't answer my question lol :) I used to cleanse out of the shower too, but why do that if you can do it just as easily in the shower.

Basically you should try to touch your face as little as possible, and cause as little irritation as possible. Washing should only last a few seconds, and I see no need of rubbing your face before and after.