Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A month ago I was prescribed 100 mg of Minocycline to take twice a day and Tazorac cream to apply at night. The roughness of my acne has subsided but there are still some marks and stubborn pimples left, I am hoping that the next few months on Minocycline will help to wipe it out. But today for my one month checkup the dermatologist prescribed Duac cream. So now I have to use Duac in the morning, Tazorac at night and Minocycline twice a day. Personally that seems a little excessive, and I was just looking for feedback from anyone who has used this combination and if it has worked or not, and also any opinions on Minocycline, Tazorac, and/or Duac. My skin definetly feels better and is somewhat smoother but Im hoping that the continued treatment will help to knock the remnants out. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ryan

Also, so far I haven't had any horrible rash, burning, peeling, itching, etc. like I hear that some people experience with the Tazorac and Minocycline combo. Is that a good sign of better times to come?

A month ago I was prescribed 100 mg of Minocycline to take twice a day and Tazorac cream to apply at night. The roughness of my acne has subsided but there are still some marks and stubborn pimples left, I am hoping that the next few months on Minocycline will help to wipe it out. But today for my one month checkup the dermatologist prescribed Duac cream. So now I have to use Duac in the morning, Tazorac at night and Minocycline twice a day. Personally that seems a little excessive, and I was just looking for feedback from anyone who has used this combination and if it has worked or not, and also any opinions on Minocycline, Tazorac, and/or Duac. My skin definetly feels better and is somewhat smoother but Im hoping that the continued treatment will help to knock the remnants out. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ryan

Also, so far I haven't had any horrible rash, burning, peeling, itching, etc. like I hear that some people experience with the Tazorac and Minocycline combo. Is that a good sign of better times to come?

From my small amount of experience, mino plus some sort of topical gel as you mentioned have worked well for me in the past, but it depends on the severity of your case.

I don't like the idea of using anything in the morning, but you're doctor/derm knows you better.

give it time, it takes time as much as anything else.