Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WRXSTi04

Need alternative to BP Gel

Well in short I have been on a routine of taking Natures Cure and using Dan's BP Gel after washing my face once in the morning and once at night. This has been working very well for me. I went from maybe 2-4 pimples a week to none. No side effects that bothersome either with pills or gel. Other than that the BP Gel has been bleaching my clothes. I even tried just applying the BP gel higher up on my face and not on my chin or neck so it does not touch any of my collars. But when the BP gel ruins a $80 Banana Republic Dress Shirt I almost cried.

I am just to the point where I am willing to try other gels or lotions to replace what the BP Gel is doing. I like that the BP Gel does not dry my skin so that's a plus

Also looking for Face wash recommendations if there are any. I have been using Noxema Triple Clean Clenser IPB Image

Just a side note I am in my mid 20's and really respect a site that I wish was around when I was a teenager.

:cool:

Well in short I have been on a routine of taking Natures Cure and using Dan's BP Gel after washing my face once in the morning and once at night. This has been working very well for me. I went from maybe 2-4 pimples a week to none. No side effects that bothersome either with pills or gel. Other than that the BP Gel has been bleaching my clothes. I even tried just applying the BP gel higher up on my face and not on my chin or neck so it does not touch any of my collars. But when the BP gel ruins a $80 Banana Republic Dress Shirt I almost cried.

I am just to the point where I am willing to try other gels or lotions to replace what the BP Gel is doing. I like that the BP Gel does not dry my skin so that's a plus

Also looking for Face wash recommendations if there are any. I have been using Noxema Triple Clean Clenser IPB Image

Just a side note I am in my mid 20's and really respect a site that I wish was around when I was a teenager.

:cool:

I just switched to Tea Tree Oil last week because I was tired of BP prolonging and causing hyperpigmentation. I just bought standard 100% TTO at GNC. It was 13 dollars, but you only need to use a few drops. It works just as well or better IMO (at least it has so far) and it has no bad side effects. Just don't get it around your eyes because it will soak through the skin into your eyes and it burns like hell.

heya. now that you're clear why don't you just use the BP at night? thats what i did until i was able to phase it out to infrequent use once every week to 2 weeks or so.

That way if its going to ruin anything it can be some old t-shirt you just use to sleep in anyways.

Clorhexidine (Hibiclens) work to kill acne bacteria, without the drying and bleaching of BP.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...FI-0-EVGR-49973

This is a facial cleanser no? I looking for something to replace BP gel but will try this item above to replace my facial cleanser

I will also try just putting the BP on at night. Wonder if I don't use it in the morning if it will be ok and still keep me from breakouts with 2 face washes, 1 night BP gel and 2 a day Natures cure

:think:

you could always also just use a BP wash in the morning and leave it on at night. I did that before and it worked. The only reason I changed what I did was because I was tired of the damn redmarks. TTO supposedly doesn't make them stick around as long as BP does. TTO gets deep down in the skin. If you get it near your mouth or eyes you'll know why because you can feel it. It makes my eyes burn and my makes my lips numb if it gets near them. I never had problems with BP soaking through the skin to my eyes before. So far so good.

you could always also just use a BP wash in the morning and leave it on at night. I did that before and it worked. The only reason I changed what I did was because I was tired of the damn redmarks. TTO supposedly doesn't make them stick around as long as BP does. TTO gets deep down in the skin. If you get it near your mouth or eyes you'll know why because you can feel it. It makes my eyes burn and my makes my lips numb if it gets near them. I never had problems with BP soaking through the skin to my eyes before. So far so good.

Wonder if Tea Tree Oil is non-comedogenic and won't cause any further breakouts

So basically it replaces the BP for killing Bacteria. I don't have to worry about red spots or marks since my skin colors not fair.

What I don't get is why facial cleansers are not enough, I guess using a facial cleanser then using BP or TTT makes it continue to kill bacteria thorugh the day

:rolleyes: