Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mojo420

Home Stretch?

Hello I am a newbie to these boards, and firstly would like to thank the creators and members for maintaining such a fine depository of information. I only wish I had found it sooner. MY condition is not nearly as bad as some, but it still bothers me.

I had moderate acne for a few years before I went to the dermatologist. I never had any when i was a teen and only got it when i was about 21 (im 23 now). First he tried a few antibiotics like amoxycillin and what not, then a sulfur based one. I forget exactly what it was, each helped, but not totally worked. Finally I gave the go for accutane, and now im 2 months after the last of it ( about 6 months). It basically cleared all of the active stuff out, now I have just a bunch of red blotches. My doctor makes sure to point every old acne spot out like a dick, and always says "there is nothing you can do to make these red spots go away any quicker!" I was hoping he was talking out of his ass, and i did encounter someone who mentiond something about laser treatments and saw some infomercial about dermabrasion. When I came here i was first happy about all of the information, then quickly was overwhelmed. I read alot about each thing but one thing was missing, a specific thing that worked for PIH and some pics of the progress. I went out and bought a digi camera to take some pics to show what i am talking about. First id like a evaluation, i think i look like crap. Second any recommendations would be good. One thing, i never put much of anything on my face, i just use dove soap and no moisturizer and no benzyl peroxide stuff. Every time i put anything on when i was self treating it never worked, and just got worse. Anyway thanks for listening (reading?)

Joe

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:D Your case sorta reminds me of mine.

I think if you just keep waiting, it will get better. Try not focusing on it for a while, and when you do take a good look the next time, you shall likely notice a great deal of improvement.

How are you now, how long did it take to go away completely/mostly? You didnt use any products at all? And btw i never really look closely i cant stand to, this was the first serious analysis i have taken, and it isnt too horrible, but is still noticeable and annoying. Thanks for the reply, although it isnt exactly what i wanted to hear. :doh:

Oh my God, dude, you look great! You have absolutely nothing to worry about! Your skin looks amazing! Just let time heal it (which it will), and have fun!