Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kah_lua47

minocycline..

I red somewhere that I'm suppose to wait 12hrs after the pills and then take pill #2.. but that seems like an awful LONG time to wait. I know that on the very first day I took them 6 hrs apart, but that resulted in extreme nausea and headache. I'm not sure if it was because it was only my first day or because I was suppose to wait the full 12 hrs. Has anyone taken the pills a little closer together?

well i don't actually take minocycline but i take something close to that and Im supposed to take it 12 hours apart but i probably take them more like sometimes 8 and sometimes 10 hours apart just because i take it about an hour after i get up and a little more than an hour before i go to bed. But then that also means that the next pill i take is like 14 or 16 hours after the last one just because it fits my schedule best doing it that way and it is fine. 6 hours apart is definetly too close though because thats half of the time they tell you to have between them.

Thanks rbar. Yeah I didn't read about the 12 hours until after I'd already taken them . I guess if I give or take an hour or two it shouldn't hurt, right?

Ya just make sure you only take two pills a day, and not three or 4 like u were doing right? Also if it is giving you an upset stomach/nausea make sure you have eaten especially in the morning before you take the pill.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I thought you weren't supposed to eat because it can interfer with the effectiveness. Well unless you have problems and my thing said to ask what you can eat with it.

well you aren't supposed to eat dairy products something like two hours before but a lot of the things on the bottles say not to take on an empty stomach, or they say to take with crackers.

umm.. on my bottle it says to take pills with food or milk.

also, I only took 2 pills a day. I don't know where the 3 or 4 came from. lol.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

Mine specifically says

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE with food or milk unless otherwise directed. This medicine is sometime taken with food or milk if it upsets your stomach. However, certain medicines, food, and milk may bind with minocycline preventing its full absorption. To avoid this problem take minocycline 2-3 hours before after taking any food, milk, or medicines containing magnesium, aluminum, or calcium. Some examples include quinapril, didanosine, vitamins/minerals, antacids, sucralfate, bismuth subsalicylate, iron, and zinc"

That what it says word for word.

hey, i take my first pill when i wake up and the 2nd pill when i go to sleep, sometimes i sleep in so i take it later and go to be early so theres not 12 hours between the pills.

i have had no problems! if you were taking the pills less than 5 hours apart thats about the only time there'd be cause for concern as thats a really super concentrated dose which would wind up hurting you at some point.