Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest The Yogi

Pic: My scars

Guest The Yogi

Hello,

I wanted to get a general consensus as to whether TCA cross would do any help for the scars on my nose. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I spoke with a PS and he said that the only thing that would help would be a laser. After reading many posts here, it seems that a $1500 treatment for my nose is a little bit overkill, and may not have great results.

I know that the scars don't appear that severe, and they are not, but they are worse than they appear in this picture. So, I wanted to know if you folks thought that TCA would help in closing up these pits. Has anyone had pits like this on their nose that have healed with the aid of TCA Cross. I have PMed some of you and I appreciate your advice.

Also, I have fairly pale (caucasion) skin. It does tan in the summer, but is generally on the lighter side. Any feedback from people with light skin who have tried and their experience with pigmentation side effects is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

[attachmentid=2956]

post-28649-1135657137_thumb.jpg

post-28649-1135657137_thumb.jpg

ok seriously.. you're obsessing.. because no one will ever be that close to you.. and I think most people have stuff like that..

I agree with the above. But if you want to take the risks of TCA and the horrible peeling process, it should help a little.

Your doctor is a hack if he actually recommended laser for that. I would not touch anything like that cause 80% of guys have that. TCA CROSS could help but then it can also make it worse. So the question is are you willing to risk it getting worse.

Guest funkychicken

I wish that was all I had to worry about :(

I want to vomit! Do you really think you have scarring? Dude, get a hobby!

Hello,

I wanted to get a general consensus as to whether TCA cross would do any help for the scars on my nose. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I spoke with a PS and he said that the only thing that would help would be a laser. After reading many posts here, it seems that a $1500 treatment for my nose is a little bit overkill, and may not have great results.

I know that the scars don't appear that severe, and they are not, but they are worse than they appear in this picture. So, I wanted to know if you folks thought that TCA would help in closing up these pits. Has anyone had pits like this on their nose that have healed with the aid of TCA Cross. I have PMed some of you and I appreciate your advice.

Also, I have fairly pale (caucasion) skin. It does tan in the summer, but is generally on the lighter side. Any feedback from people with light skin who have tried and their experience with pigmentation side effects is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

[attachmentid=2956]

after looking at your picture i thought to myself, you know it's probably a good thing this person only has to deal with those small insignificant imperfections. i figured if you're stressing over something that minor then real scars would really eff your head up!!! i don't think you could handle it and you'd probably break down and snap! so, at this very moment, i actually feel better about myself because i can surely say that i live in a world that is a much safer place with you not having any real scaring. shhhew!

honestly, it's like you have enlarged pores. no big deal. i know you said it's worse than the picture shows, but i agree with the previous post-- you really just need something fun and enjoyable to engage in. so, good luck with finding one! oh but stay away from anything that involves guns. thnx! :hand:

yeh man thats notthing to fuss over. also, i tried crossing some open pores on my noise, bad idea. i then later found out that you should never cross anythign ony our noise it will never be anythign speacial and may beome worse. so i did the corners of my noise alon time ago proably like 3months ago and the area is still red inflamed and the pores look black in a way. and as a result i made them worse when i should have just left them alone.

Yogi, what you have appears to be small, deep icepick scars resulting from acne and they look somewhat like enlarged pores.

I have a few of these too in addition to other more severe scars. It took awhile, but I have come to realize the following:

1) Other people have both acne and scars that are much worse than mine, so I should be grateful.

2) There are numerous postings from people who have attempted to treat such minor scars only to end up making them permanently worse to the point where they regretted trying to improve them.

3) These types of scars run quite deep. To achieve satisfactory results would require numerous treatments which could be costly, painful and may result in further unnecessary damage to neighboring skin tissue.

4) And one of my estheticians told me to be realistic and not to expect to have porcelain-perfect skin.

It's been years since my esthetician told me that and from time to time I need to remind myself of the validity of her statement. This helps to maintain my realistic expectations of the results I can attain and not to obsess over the condition of my skin. The bottom line is there's an entire life to live out there in the real world so don't let all of that pass you by while you stare at yourself in the mirror day after day.

Further, you are more than just your appearance. Your spirit, personality, character, actions, etc. are just as (if not more) important to others than just your scars.

This is coming from someone who speaks from experience.

Hi Yogi,

They are icepicks, yes, but extremely small and not on a very noticable area on your nose. The best thing, I think, would be to try a TCA peel rather than cross on the area. I TCA crossed my nose with no probs, but they much bigger than that, and I had several more. You could try TCA on one to see how it goes. But really, your skin is fine. The less you do to it the better.

I totally understand why he wants to improve that - why wouldn't he want to?

I would try Tretinoin by iontophoresis.

I totally understand why he wants to improve that - why wouldn't he want to?

I would try Tretinoin by iontophoresis.

zxc,

Do you have any experience with that method and if not why haven't you tried it?

The reason he might not want to improve that is becuase improvement is never guaranteed and he can make them worse so that is a good reason to leave them alone. The other reason is so many people have that that I wouldn't consider it significant.

colin

No IDBNVS2 I haven't yet - unfortunately. But I will as soon as I find a machine. The reason why I recommend it is that it has been confirmed to work in this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...0&dopt=Abstract

I really do not know how to get a machine so I can try it. Anybody knows?

I believe the machine I need looks like:

IPB Image

http://www.environ.co.za/

But I do not seem to be able to buy it anywhere...?

I doubt the scars can get worse with Tretinoin by iontophoresis since it is a nonablative method.

RESULTS: Clinically, at the end of treatment, in 94% of patients a significant decrease in the scar depth was observed.

CONCLUSIONS: Tretinoin-iontophoresis is an effective, noninvasive treatment of atrophic acne scars without causing disturbing side-effects.

Therefore, I think we should really look in to this treatment method. Because it should work.

No IDBNVS2 I haven't yet - unfortunately. But I will as soon as I find a machine. The reason why I recommend it is that it has been confirmed to work in this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...0&dopt=Abstract

I really do not know how to get a machine so I can try it. Anybody knows?

I believe the machine I need looks like:

IPB Image

http://www.environ.co.za/

But I do not seem to be able to buy it anywhere...?

I doubt the scars can get worse with Tretinoin by iontophoresis since it is a nonablative method.

RESULTS: Clinically, at the end of treatment, in 94% of patients a significant decrease in the scar depth was observed.

CONCLUSIONS: Tretinoin-iontophoresis is an effective, noninvasive treatment of atrophic acne scars without causing disturbing side-effects.

Therefore, I think we should really look in to this treatment method. Because it should work.

Do you plan to use this with no training? Its also my impression, true, from my cosmetician, that they are very expensive. I will be very interested to hear how you progress. I plan to start treatments later this summer so I will repost back.

seriously if I had only those tiny little scars you have i would be so happy I would not beable to control the joy. You seem to have great skin dont mess with the scars, just put some over the counter peel on your nose everyday and they should go away it isnt bad at all trust me.

i was going to say something but pretty much all of the other members said it best.... 1500 for a nose job? forget it man, go eat some fish to heal that.

same problem here ... fucking scarred pores all over the face ...

not a problem for you ?

point of view...

this damn scarred pores are difficult to deal with... and always they get worse with time !

a derm here suggest microdermabrasion ...

i fear that much ....

good luck !

I TCA-crossed some pits like this on my nose - they were bigger than yours and they always bothered me. I definitely got some improvement. I've crossed them 3 times with 100% TCA. The first time it probably actually made them a little larger. The second and third time definitely has made them smaller. Good luck and only TCA them right inside the crater using the cross method of a toothpick, pressing down hard. As you know it'll frost. The next day or two it'll probably be red. Then, the skin will turn brown and come off in probably 4 or 5 days. I plan to probably cross mine 3 or 4 more times. Best of luck.